BlurryDawgo

Sonic Lost World

299 posts in this topic

Hey guys, you've heard the "new game" rumors, right? Well, here's a topic for it!

They said that the new game will be on the new Xbox, right?

So the game will only be announced AFTER the new console reveal on the 21st. It's logic!

I highly doubt SEGA would make it an exclusive. It doesn't make sense for them. They want maximum sales which means to put the game on as many systems as possible.

If it is exclusive more probably it'll be on the Wii U.

Plus, the new consoles and PC now have very, very similar hard and software, so exclusives should be rarer.

The Wii U? That blasted machine has already taken Bayonetta 2, I don't know what I'd do if the new Sonic was a Wii U exclusive. I'm curious to see if anything from that Sonic Excursion hoax was actually true, like multiple playable characters or something.

Source: Sonic Stadium

http://www.sonicstad...ic-lost-worlds/

Looks like we now know the possible title of the next Sonic game. Today, Sega of Japan has registered the trademark “Sonic Lost World”. Also, the domain soniclostworlds.com has been registered to Sega of Europe (so is it “Sonic Lost World”, or Sonic Lost Worlds”). It’s not uncommon for a game to be announced after it’s trademark has been released. Plus, with E3 coming very soon and many games being announced this month, so don’t be surprised if we hear about Sonic’s next big gaming adventure very soon.

So what do you guys think? The title sounds pretty cool if you ask me. Probably the world is lost and Sonic has got to rescue it :o? Or maybe other worlds are included, meaning Sonic would go in space again yay :D

For some reason I'm thinking he might go back in time. Lost World makes me think of ancient civilisations and such. Maybe he's seeing what the echidnas were up to? This might explain why Tikal sought his help in SA1. Just my 2 cents.

Shadow's theory sounds interesting and perhaps this has something to do with another rumour I heard. I have heard Sally was redesigned because she is set to appear in a game. With a title like Lost world(s) it could be possible Sally does appear.

Hoo boy...

I highly doubt SEGA would make it an exclusive. It doesn't make sense for them. They want maximum sales which means to put the game on as many systems as possible.

If it is exclusive more probably it'll be on the Wii U.

Plus, the new consoles and PC now have very, very similar hard and software, so exclusives should be rarer.

The Wii U? That blasted machine has already taken Bayonetta 2, I don't know what I'd do if the new Sonic was a Wii U exclusive. I'm curious to see if anything from that Sonic Excursion hoax was actually true, like multiple playable characters or something.

Well, guys, when Generations was released, all the consoles it would be on had already been announced, let alone released.

So like I said, they have to wait until the new Xbox is announced, so they can announce all the ports at once.

Sega always wants us wantin' more. TROLL!!!

Not surprised. Disappointed, but not surprised.

I only hope they aren't forced to use that little controller screen in the game. I can't see that working out well.

dissapointed as well. But I can't help it, it's sega their decision and I accept it.

I might buy a wii U or 3ds anyways, so I'll get the game eventually.

KHAAAAN!!! Well that's a kick in the teeth. Oh well, I guess there's always next year.

Thinking about it for me, I wanted to buy a next Gen console anyway. If i can get the Wii U and 3DS on sale from Amazon or something, that would probably cost less than a PS4 since the current price or them is $580 and I cant see next Gen being any lower than $500 so in the long run it's a fair deal. Lot of decisions going into this upcoming holiday season.

KHAAAAN!!! Well that's a kick in the teeth. Oh well, I guess there's always next year.

Um, I don't want to cast a shadow over you(pun intended, no offence) but:

1. I enjoy MY Wii U.

2. I've been waiting for a main-series Sonic game to appear on that console for a LONG time.

3. I think the first 2 Sonic U games will be in this year, and the third in the next.

4. It's a possibility that the two companies might EXTEND their partnership.

Well the second game is Sonic and Mario at the 2014 Winter Olympics. Hopefully they'll hurry up and release it along with whatever the third one is so they can get back to releasing things on multiple platforms. Kinda strange they'd go with Nintendo considering the fact that far more people own 360s and PS3s, and aren't exactly going to rush out to buy a Wii U for one game given the expense. You'd think if anything SEGA would have held off and got a deal with Sony or Microsoft for their new consoles.

(Now we know how you got your username.) Um, aren't the PS4 and new Xbox non-backwards compatible?

The first sonic could have released for both now-gen and next-gen consoles. Also for ps4 the backwards nocapatability isnt confirmed yet. however if they were smart, they would make a ton more money if they keep it

Doesn't sound like a bad idea to me. After all, they did the same with Sonic Unleashed, being a pretty way past cool game with both versions if you ask me.

There's a possibility for backwards compatibility. They did it with the PS3, at least for a while. And the 360 had it for some Xbox games, so Microsoft might follow that route again. As you pointed out, it enhances their brand image. Sony seems to doing that recently. They said they aren't having always online because of the inconvenience and the fact that lots of places don't have good internet connections. So it wouldn't exactly hurt their marketing to say "you can play your old games on the PS4". Anyhow, do you guys reckon they'll go for a 3D game for the Lost World 3DS, or do you think they'll stick to the 2D style that's been going since Rush?

I suspect the 3DS version will stay 2D. Even with the XL playing a Sonic 3d game on that size of screen... Fine for racing games, but when you add in the platforms, enemies, boost gauge blur...

As for the ps4 and backwards compatibility, apparently its got a different OS inside it, which would make backwards compatibility difficult. No word confirmed either way yet as far as I know, and they really should push to include it. But I wouldn't get your hopes up.

I think that the "third game" is another Storybook title. Hopefully it won't have chivalry involved, and it won't get the title of "Worst Wii (U) Game.

Let's keep our lips shut about this topic until the 29th when more details emerge.

Well, I MADE this topic!