Mackzwellz

Sonic X

59 posts in this topic

Sonic X was what got me into the Sonic Fandom in the first place, so it's something special to me. However after looking at the games, comics, etc. I realized how lacking it was in certain areas.

Chris was a bit of a damsel-in-distress, if you know what I mean. Always having to be saved, by Sonic or anyone else. I think he was used as bait more often than Amy, which seems a bit odd, compared to the other times you see Amy in the franchise.

I remember watching every episode of Sonic X when it first aired and I loved it. I re-watched it about 2 years ago and I still think it's good. Chris can be annoying at times, but I didn't mind him too much nor did I mind the Metearex Saga in Season 3, overall it's still a good show and I recommend any Sonic fan who hasn't seen it to watch it. (The Japanese version and not the 4Kids version)

I really liked this show.. well rather LOVED it. I mean really as a Sonic fan and as Otaku. I had been playing the Sonic games and reading comics but when I finally found out there was ANIME from SONIC I just had to watch it. and even though it sounds weird Sonic X was the first anime which actually made me cry. (of course the Japanese version not the 4kids one) Sure some of the episodes might have been boring... but still I loved the story how it developed. The characters new and old, and just pretty much everything. though I did see few mistakes here and there (characters height changed many times during one episode, Knuckles' hands) but I really loved it and I still do. I'm actually re-watching it with my friend. I just have to say: Thank you for making this anime!

I just watched the whole thing, and I think it was great. It was kind of sad at the ending, and I wish there was another season. in conclusion, it was not a waste of my time.

1 person likes this

I just watched the whole thing, and I think it was great. It was kind of sad at the ending, and I wish there was another season. in conclusion, it was not a waste of my time.

Did you watch it in Japanese? Or in English?

Did you watch it in Japanese? Or in English?

I started out watching it in Japanese (with the subtitles on), but then found the English version, and watched it over again. It is interesting how the dialogue is different in the English version than the Japanese. in the Japanese one, Sonic doesn't talk as often.

I know right? I myself very much prefer the Japanese version since it has got WAY more emotion than the English dub.. (also the English version kinda sounded too childish for me) and I love the Japanese ending Hikaru Michi. Besides the English dub ruined the episode 52 and 77 most awesome scenes from me..

In the Japanese version in episode 38 when super sonic and super shadow were fighting the final hazard live and learn from SA2 play I though that was awesome to bad the English version didn't have that.

The English 4kids' version ruined many other things as well... such as good Hikaru Michi ending.. and good opening and half of the dialogue sounded far too childish.