Blue Comet

Ian Flynn want to write for the Sonic games

18 posts in this topic

It would certainly be interesting if Flynn did end up writing the plot for one of the games in the future. Doesn't mean it would be good, since Video Games and comics are two very different mediums, but interesting for sure. I hadn't really cared much for the plot of a Sonic game since Unleashed, with a slight exception with Lost World, since while it wasn't the deepest of plots (Kinda mediocre actually) the interaction between sonic, Tails, and Eggman in that game was pretty entertaining. 

The main problem with the current Sonic stories after black knight seen like the writing staff just gave up trying to write a good story for sonic I'm the only person who gave colors a pass on it's story because Sega wanted to try something different, but once it got to Generations and Lost World their like "Ok let's throw darts and see what sticks." So this is basically a blessing in disguise. Also I think Flynn knows that he's taking a big gamble transcending from Comic book to Video Games, but I guess it's a gamble he's willing to take if you see Sega and Sonic the Hedgehog Facebook and Twitter yourarrow-10x10.png gonna see this hashtag #Flynn4Sonic  

I can't blame flynn. I know there 2 diffrent things but if he can bring his writing magic to the sonic games it would be great.

You have no idea how much i agree with this haha-
Sonic games' stories writing started to be a disappointment for the series since some certain games[pretty sure that they're mentioned] released, Sega seriously needs focus the writing and gameplay more if they want to get the fans' likes again. And they shall also focus on the games' testing as well before releasing it. Pretty sure no one wants another glitchy 06 or Boom games...-- But I'd like to see Ian working on the writing of the games' series, the games might get better a bit if he did. If there was just some good chance for that to happen...

Actually, outside the fandom, any Sonic story generally seems to be reviled.  What we need is a couple good games in a row comparable to Generations (great gameplay, minimalist story) and THEN bring the storytelling back.

Actually, outside the fandom, any Sonic story generally seems to be reviled.  What we need is a couple good games in a row comparable to Generations (great gameplay, minimalist story) and THEN bring the storytelling back.

I say more like the Adventure Games or Hereos.

If he really get such job, he should make an RPG (similar to Battle and Chronicle). Considering how long he has handled Knothole Freedom Fighters, teamwork and character development are probably his strongest points.

Edited by arekpowalan

If he really get such job, he should make an RPG (similar to Battle and Chronicle). Considering how long he has handled Knothole Freedom Fighters, teamwork and character development are probably his strongest points.

personally i wouldn't mind. i think sonic should get anther RPG, just as long as panders doesn't accuse sega of something begin his creation or someone else decides to sue.

I like to see this, but I think Square-Enix should make it nothing against bioware. But Square-Enix is the RPG King with Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Dragon Quest, etc.

Sorta depends if you prefer a JRPG or a WRPG.

Though in Sonic's case, as it's already got a fixed main character and rosters, a JRPG would suit better.

I wonder if he could do a dynasty warrior type game. After hyrule warriors I always wanted to see how such a game story would turn out I don't see it right now since Pontac and the other guy can't do a decent sonic story to save their life. While Sonic Runners writer got the basic of what Sonic should be I question weather he should or shouldn't write a Sonic dynasty warrior game, but Flynn I can truth to do it right because before the reboot he turn the Robotnik wars from a slapstick Sonic always beat Robotnik into a war treating to destroy the entire world like the Maverick War from the Mega Man X and Zero Series.

How can we make this possible? Do we need to kidnap some Sega execs? I'm down with that if that's what it takes. But yeah, I agree with the other points: They need to do some MAJOR bug fixing/beta testing for the next game, and just hammer out the gameplay. I also agree with the JRPG comment for story telling purposes. Maybe we could get a split, like with Mario/paper Mario. Have one set focus on the classic Sonic gameplay (go fast, smash robots), and another on the story. Actually, could we get a Telltale Sonic game, with Flynn helping write? Work in the Freedom fighters that way?

Sega could, witht this in mind, increase their fanbase, and make more money! Everyone wins!

Oh, I hope he gets hired! Generations and Colors barely even qualify as having a plot.

Another RPG would be cool, maybe add Silver, Blaze, and the Chaotix?

And so he did, with Frontiers.

Edited by MajinTails
1 person likes this

Can we please allow Flynn to write for every new Sonic video game project, please?

Frontiers seems to be doing well, so we may very well see him again in the future, or at least, they'll hire other competent writers and actually care about the writing in general.