Shadow

Games that you recently finished

223 posts in this topic

After a few years I finally got around to finishing the original Assassin's Creed. It was not a fun experience.

Finished Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal like 5 minutes ago. Will put up a review in it's thread soon.

aw man really NMS?? I've only played it half way through... D: man you're fast..

oh right and I finished Miku Hatsune Project Diva F's Hard Mode... now all that's left is EXTREME Mode.. man it's difficult... o-o (though does it matter much if this isn't really "recently...?"

Well I was playing it non-stop. Riku's story was way shorter than Sora's...

I just beat Silent Hill (Literally minutes before posting), and I LOVED IT! The control was very tank like, but I had no problem adjusting. I loved the gameplay itself, and I found the story to be rather well written. The soundtrack was really good and fit the game's tone beautifully! The fog really does add quite a lot to the ingame atmosphere. Silent Hill is definitely a recommendation if you're into the horror genre!

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Would you believe me if I said this is the first ES game I have ever finished? I've played Arena, Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim, and ironically the first I finish is also the latest (not counting Online). Well... if just happens so often that I'm distracted with the sidequests. If you're familiar with any of the Elder Scrolls games, you know exactly what I'm talking about. You're following the main quests and suddenly you're able to do several sidequests, which also has sidequests and stuff.

But yeah, Skyrim! Of course it's buggy (I got stuck pretty often), but it still is a great game. I said that I finished the storyline, but I'm far from done with the game. I might play it less actively over time, since I have 2 (3 actually) Tales games and Mega Man: Revenge of the Fallen waiting for me.

I finally complete Transformers Prime Wii U game in just one day on the same day that game's download from Nintendo eshop was complete. \(^o^)/

227943_front.jpg

I just finished my first playthrough of the Wii U version of Shantae and the Pirate's Curse. It was an amazing game on the 3DS and it's even better on Wii U.

Deleted

Edited by Survivor

Mega Man: Revenge of the Fallen - Ngnhn that Final boss was perfect.

What a great hack that was, eh. Tons and tons of content, even competing with several current generation platformers. I had to think out of the box at times, but that's part of the charm I suppose. Also more hanging on the difficult side, which.. I didn't mind too much, but it did lead to some frustration throughout the game. Backtracking is a big part of this game, even though it wasn't too bad. Overall, a fantastic hack. In any case, the best Mega Man hack I have ever played.

Well done.  That must have been Darn hard going!

So I recently fnished Mother 3 and I must say the game is awesomely heartwarming and tear jerking. It has a neatly well written storyline and you'll love the characters (I have taken a liking to Salsa the monkey). Though I can't compare it to EarthBound since I haven't really played it at all so yeah, I dont want to appear biased.

Tales of Symphonia Chronicles: Tales of Symphonia - I regret ever saying that this is my least favorite Tales game. Stupid few months younger me.

This game is worth playing for the story alone. I have played a lot of JRPG's, so I think you understand when I say that this is one of the best storylines I have seen so far in any game of it's genre. It tackles Discrimination, Betrayal, Loss and much more. Can't say there are bad characters either. Many people bring up Zelos, but.. despite how annoying he can be, he is a well developped character. At first I also thought that Lloyd was one of the most overrated and lame main protagonists. Well, for the first 10 hours of the game he indeed wasn't that impressive, but that changed throughtout the game.

The gameplay is... simplistic. I can't blame them since it was the first 3D Tales game (and for that, I compliment them since for a first it's pretty good), but there's really not too much going for it. It is a bit different from the Gamecube and Playstation 2 versions though. Can't exactly get my hands on it but... it's faster I think.

The only thing that puts it a bit back for me is the outdated JRPG elements. Making wrong decisions can really screw you over (although it didn't really do that for me, but I have a lot of experience with the franchise so I know what to expect), and often you have to choose between two things, and losing the other. Costumes and a very important character for example. Though, on the other hand, it does encourage replayability. So... I'm not going too hard on that too.

Let's see if I can make a list now... even though some are very, very close. And my least favorite is still a great game. Says something about the franchise other franchises can't. #ShamelessAdvertising. (I intentionally left Abyss, Destiny and Innocence off. I'm going to replay Abyss soon on the 3DS, and I'm still not far enough into the other 2 to rank them.)

1. Tales of Graces F
2. Tales of Eternia
3. Tales of Symphonia
4. Tales of Phantasia
5. Tales of Vesperia
6. Tales of Xillia

Also, Symphonia 2 and Xillia 2 are next. And probably some others. It will have to wait for a bit though, since I'm currently having several exams and tests that require my attention.

Megaman Xtreme 1 and 2 - Hai.

Needed something to play on the go, and Megaman Xtreme immediately came to mind. And I didn't regret that choice. It felt kind of awkward at first because the screen was a bit small, but I got used to it pretty fast. Was interesting to see some new villains but Sigma turned to be the main baddy as always. Shouldn't come as a spoiler, since Sigma is literally the villain of every X game with a few exceptions. Xtreme was.. weird though. I went to the campaign first and noticed that there were only 4 mavericks, and then I was already going to the Sigma stages. Turns out after I finished the campaign, another one was unlocked with 4 other Mavericks. And once I was done with that, the final mode was unlocked with all 8 mavericks. Mind you that the final mode doesn't give you ANY bonus. The only difference is it being a little more difficult and having no story cutscenes, which.. was alright with me, but I preferred if they just gave me the final mode with cutscenes. Also, Zero is kind of playable in this game (not really, but kind of), but I never used him. The game played pretty sweet. The Dash was present, but because there were only 4 buttons, you had to either press left/right 2 times or down + a. Eh, guess I can look past that. Overall, not a bad game.

And then there's 2. Which was miles better. It still had these modes, but the advantage this game has is that in one campaign you play as X and one as Zero, and a final where you can choose as which you want to play. And Zero still plays pretty sweet. Also pretty cool was that, because you couldn't beat 4 mavericks in one campaign, you can do so now as 1 of the characters and even rob the heart pieces that were originally ment for the opposite character, making the one you play as pretty overpowered. Reminds me, this game is really easy if you know what to do. If you have the correct upgrades, you can shoot extremely powerful and fast charged buster shots without having to charge the buster. It's more OP than the Metal Blade, except that you can't shoot it in 8 directions. And this time around, the final mode gave you a bonus: a new final boss. Which was also an original one instead of having one ripped from the SNES games. Wouldn't say it's a good final boss though, but eh. And after you complete this mode, there is boss attack! Which even has the 8 mavericks from the original xtreme! This. This is how you handle extra modes.

Xtreme 1 is an average game, but doesn't compare to the second one. That said though, both are still better than the trash that is X6.

Oh, and I fell in love with Volt Catfish's theme thanks to this game. Soo.. thanks!

I don't know if games you completed last year count if it does.

Megaman 1 and 3: I had to use the pause glitch and save state on my 3ds to even get through MM1 as far as MM3 goes I had to uses a lot of E tanks.

Trying to clean up my backloggery a bit by finishing some 'short' games. So.. have 3 of them!

Rise of the Robots - A game from very, very early on in my childhood. I didn't remember much about it, but according to the internet it's 'one of the worst games ever made'. I wouldn't call it that drastically but yeah, it isn't really a good game. It's a fighting game where you face 6 bosses, boom bap done. Oh, and you can only play as 1 character. Who sucks. Because the only attacks he had was a punch and a kick. And you know what that means. Get the boss in a corner, spam buttons, you win. Though even then the game can be really cheap. There's no shame in playing this game on easy difficulty, trust me. But yeah, I can appreciate the graphics this game brought (for it's time it was... pretty nice I suppose? Think amongst the lines of Killer Instinct and such.), but aside from that it's pretty bad. So if you want to keep your sanity: stay away from it.

Street Fighter II Turbo - What? Don't give me that look. Like RotR, it's a game from my childhood, and I never got down to finishing it. As much as you can finish a fighting game but eh, tackling all characters equals beating, so I'm fine. Has aged pretty well overall. Found it pretty annoying that this game also suffered from the 'SFIV curse'. Meaning that it had several 'expansions'. Which means that I was not playing the latest version. Oh well, it was the only one I physically own, apart from the GBA edition. And it's not really a long game either, so it's not like my time has gone to waste or anything. But yeah, had a good time. Also, suprisingly enough big fat sumo Honda is my main. Yeah, it's not something I expected either but he is. Not that I have played as everybody yet but eh.

Mickey Mania - I wanted to give this game a mediocre viewpoint. It's a platformer that doesn't do anything new, but does average at the things it does. So why am I talking like this? Easy. If you get a game over, you have to start at the beginning of the game. And that sucks really bad. However good a game may be, if it has this trope, I most likely won't like the game. Yeah, this can easily bring down the entire game for me. And that's what it did. So yeah, screw you Mickey Mania. You did an average job, until I found out you used that trope. And now I hate you. Don't you dare ever come back to me again.

Fun fact... I had a more enjoyable time with RotR than with Mickey Mania.

Klonoa: Door to Phantomile - This was a actually a while ago, but I can't think of any more recent ones...

Wait, I remember!

Sonic Colours!!

got it.

Kingdom Hearts II : I kicked Xemnas's ass yesterday. SEGA really should have made the fight with Metal Madness and Overlord like Xemnas's Mecha Dragon =_=. Am going to complete Jiminy's journal and kick Sephiroth.

Deleted

Edited by Survivor

Beaten a few quick games again this weekend:

Mario's Picross (GB) - Picross is actually my second favorite puzzle series from Japan. Just... as a game, it's exhausting. Though I shouldn't really have played this game with beating as a goal. It's more of a game to do when relaxing or things, I dunno. And having it on a pretty small screen didn't really help either. The game itself was solid. I probably just played for the wrong reasons.

Micro Machines (GB) - Hasn't aged very well, but the concept was definitely there. It was fun to race as different vehicles, though some just didn't... work. You went too fast with some, and it's easy to go off the course. So that didn't really help. After all, it's a Gameboy game so there was no drifting or such. But I believe there are more installments in this franchise, so I'll be sure to check them out too. The potential is definitely there.

Super Mario Land (GB) - I've never beaten it before as a kid. Though I was pretty close as I remember these stone nose statue things. Not that it says much, since this game only has 4 worlds with 3 acts and a boss at the end. It was... alright I suppose. Jumping felt awkward at times and it did lead to a dead a few times. But eh, it was easy to get lives anyways, so I didn't get a game over once. Otherwise it's... solid, but nothing more.

Xenox II (GB) - Didn't really like it at first, but once I was able to get the power-ups, the game felt much better. I haven't played a lot of top-down shooters, but I didn't have a bad time at all. Might check out some more of these.

I beat Pokemon heartgold, white 2, pearl, conquest blue rescue team, coliseum and leaf green. I also beat Kingdom hearts 1, 2 and Bbs.