Gabe

Mario Kart 8

13 posts in this topic

On this topic, we can share our Youtube video links here of Mario Kart 8. Now this is an opportunity for every Sonic Scanf user that has both Youtube account and Mario Kart 8. If you don't have Mario Kart 8, feel free to be a spectate any 30-second Youtube video of Mario Kart 8. This topic will be filled with excitements of all Mario Kart 8. Have fun sharing your Mario Kart 8 Youtube video links here, and Enjoy! \(^o^)/

MarioKart8Boxart.jpg

Mario Kart 8 sold over 1.2 million copies worldwide in its first weekend, and 82% of the sales were from the special Wii U bundle, boosting sales of the console's hardware in the UK by 666%!

1 person likes this

A lot of people were saying the WiiU would sell well ONCE it got a game everyone wanted to play.

Looks like they were 100% right!

1 person likes this

Oh lordy lord, I guess it's time to upload some of my most memorable races so I can share the pain I've battled with, as well as post my Wii U code in case you guys ever wanna race.

1 person likes this

Good idea. I'll also post a Mario Kart 7 topic, so we can share our community code there, too. (^-^)

I don't know whan I can think about this game. It is just..okay...changing the grafics into Multi-HD! But the mainidea is the same.

I am sorry but Mario Kart 8? Or Mario Party 9? Nintendo should focus more on stoyline-games like Super Mario Galaxy :/

1 person likes this

Mario kart and Mario party are pretty much the staples of Nintendos industry tho. The bright side is they're not pumping them out on a yearly basis like some games that are just milking money. The storyline games are fun and all, but the majority of people want local multiplayer fun more. Plus I feel like it'd be boring if they came out with single story based games each year. The super mario world wii, then wii u, then luigi U are almost literally the exact same game in my opinion. With Mario Kart, you're pretty much guaranteed 16 new tracks, a few new items, and then some HD retro courses for fun. Not to mention the last mario kart came out 3 years ago, and there isn't a Mario party for the Wii U yet, so they gotta work on that as well.

As for a main idea being the same, you can't really change the idea of racing and mini-game bonanzas. You can only add more areas to it and make it look better. That can kind of be said about any game really, you cant move too far away from the original, but at the same time you can't have it be exactly the same also.

1 person likes this

I do like both HD and 3D graphics. Also, maybe there will be a Super Mario Galaxy Wii U & 3DS game someday. ;)

I believe they have hinted at a new Mario 3D game in the works. Though, Mario 3D World is pretty great.

As for Mario Kart 8, this game is amazing! My NNID is Device if anyone wants to add me for some races or something!

i just discovered you can only get the coins in your possesion per race. The golden glider is going to be a pain >_<

i just discovered you can only get the coins in your possesion per race. The golden glider is going to be a pain >_<

Yeah, I figured it will just come in time as I race online. I've seen people talking about farming it by doing Time Trials over and over... but where's the fun in that?

There is no fun in collecting 10k coins lol. But I wouldve liked to have every coin you collect be counted, instead of just whatever you have at the end

I've been playing some more Mario Kart 8 recently if anyone would like to join me. I need my golden glider!