Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tesseract

A little help, anyone?

13 posts in this topic

Hello, guys and girls!

As you might have noticed, the site is constantly growing. There are more people with us today then there were a week ago, and I'm happy to see all the new people actually taking part in our community, and not just looking for the comics to read.

All the hard-working people of this site are putting something into developing it everyday, trying to make it a better, kinder and more interesting place of the worldwide web in general. :)

We're constantly looking for the new things people may be interested in. Many times it's easy to accomplish, but a lot of the times we're actually struggling to find or to make something we think people would appreciate and enjoy.

Currently we're looking forward to upload all the seasons of the cartoon Sonic X with the original japanese voices and english subtitles. Before you ask me why would we do that - it's because the American version was heavily censored by american television, and a lot of the original japanese script was actually rewritten. We'd like to upload it here on our site so that those of you who would like to understand what did the japenese authors actually wanted to tell, without any censorship. I'm pretty sure that soon you'll be able to download (or maybe even watch ;) ) all the episodes directly from the site.

We want to put another cartoon on our site as well - Sonic Underground. Unfortunately, there are many of us that are not as proficient with english as they'd like to be, and they're struggling to understand the meaning of what is being sad without actually seeing the words. While we've been able to find english subtitles for the japanese version of Sonic X, we didn't find any for Sonic Underground (I guess it's quite obvious, since it's completely in english), so our russian friends and people that are not so good at english may not have any chance to understand what's being said. As you can imagine, for a true Sonic fan, it's quite disappointing :unsure:

We're planning on making russian subtitles soon as well, but since the english ones are much more faster and easier to make, we'd like to prepare them first, and then move on to the russian ones. And to do that, I'm asking for your help. Even though there are russian people on our forum that are terrific at english, sometimes even they have trouble to distinguish the speech of a native speaker. We're going to write down as much as we understand, but we surely could use skills of people a little (or maybe a lot!) more proficient at english than we are. :) Is there anyone willing to help?

...Sooo, One quick question: ...Who are you? XD I can tell based on the way you talk with experience that you're from the Russian side, in which case, welcome to the other side. :D But besides that...

Anyways, In regards to the request: I would love to help, really I would. But unfortunately, I have too much on my plate as it is right now. Sorry. That being said, though, I'm sure there's others here who can help out, right guys?

1 person likes this

I love what your planning to do. It sounds like a great idea. But as much as I would love to help, I'm not entirely sure how I would be able to...

Plus, I am an easily distracted person, so if I was given something to do, something else would probably distract me from it

Still, even if I can't help I wish you the best of luck ;)

1 person likes this

It's actually quite easy :) I understand a good part of what is being said, but there some words I just don't.

For instance, the first episode -

:

The was a time when Robotropolis was beautiful. It was then a peaceful city known as Mobotropolis.

But just after my children were born, the evil doctor Robotnik used his technology to turn our world into a place of terror.

As a source of Robotnik's money, the aristocrats were left to play while our people were roboticed, and became slaves.

Our royal family was outlawed, a price placed on our heads.

Then, the Oracle of Delphius revealed a prophecy to me.

Someday, you will reunite with your children, to become a council of (?), and over(?) Robotnik, but there is a price, my highness.

For the prophecy to fulfilled, I had to give up my babies.

I would be grateful if you'd helped me with those question marks, that's all I'm asking for :) Feel free to send me a private message.

Of course, if you feel particularly hard-working at the moment, you can send me the whole part of the episode :D

Of the top of my head (been a while)

Question mark 1: Four

Question mark 2: throw (overthrow)

1 person likes this

Well, Welcome on the other side, friend .

As for sonic X , I have te integrality of the show in french . Unlike the 4kids dub, they kept everything , including the original soundtracks , the blood, and the deaths .

Problem ...well..... It's in french.

1 person likes this

Thanks for the warm welcome, both locke and The Jest ;)

That's not much of a problem. We wanted to put an uncensored version of the cartoon, so both Japanese and French will do.

In the end, we'd like to add english and russian subtitles, so it doesn't make any difference really. What's the quality's like?

Need some help with the intro song. Anyone? :)

I've just checked what Skye said. He's right. The full sentence is

Someday, you will reunite with your children, to become the council of four, and overthrow Robotnik, but there is a price, your highness.

Assuming these English versions haven't been dubbed like in Sonic X, I can write up what they are saying for a few episodes (assuming that's what your asking). Probably not many as I have exams coming up and stuff. But now I understand what your asking better, yes. I would be willing to help

1 person likes this

AND I just did a rough draft of the song. This was quick, I'll double check later

Sonic

Triplets born. The throne awaits

A seer warns of a deadly fate

Give up your children. Seperate

Bide your time. Lie in wait

Sonic Underground. Sonic

Sonic Underground

They made a vow, their mother will be found

The children grow. Learn what’s right

Leaders of the freedom fight

They seek their mother. She knows they do

Is it time? If she only knew

Will the prophecy come true?

Sonic Underground. Sonic

Sonic Underground

I long for my children but I have to wait

To act too soon could seal their fate

They made a vow, their mother will be found

Sonic Underground!

1 person likes this

Well, I'm a bit late here, but I'd love to help in any other future need in any way I can, and of course.

Welcome to the other side of this forum, complete with chocolates and cute people and weird English words. Make yourself comfortable ^^

Edited by sweet_lil_eliza
1 person likes this

You can ask me questions anytime, if you're in need of help.

1 person likes this

Hello and welcome! :3

Since my internship's about to end and I still have 2 months of summer vacation... I'd be willling to help in any way possible. :)

1 person likes this