Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shadow

Death Battle! Discussion

12 posts in this topic

You've probably heard of it. Created by Screwattack, presented as... it's time for a Death Battle!

For the people who are not aware what exactly a Death Battle is: It's, like the title says, a battle to the dead between 2 characters from different franchises (with a few exceptions) everybody wants to see battle. By analysing there battle capabilities, they create an animation based on the results and... show us some epic battles! I can't say it easier than that. If you want to get into Death Battles, you can go to screwattack.com

So why did I create this thread? Well, for several purposes. There are many people who want to see their dream death battle come true. So why not post them here? Or do you have any opinions on one of the Death Battles? Not satisfied with the results and you have arguments that the result could be different? Go ahead and let your wildest imaginations go free.

By the way, here is a quick link to a blank death battle picture, so if you are feeling creative today, you can create your own picture like I did!

http://fc03.devianta...000-d3jfxcz.png

http://fc01.devianta...000-d3jfxm3.png

(Kudos to the person who knows from what game Duke is)

15f3fki.jpg

Because I have no idea who Duke is, or whatever power he/she has, I'm gonna have to go with Sephiroth on this one. The dudes just plain destructive.

Ah, Death Battle, The one thing that makes me betray my loyalty in characters in regards to who should and who does actually win.

I do question some of their decisions, but ultimately they do make sense, and for the most part I am satisfied with most of them. (The most latest one in particular left me with a satisfactory smile.)

In regards to who the Duke is. ...Not a clue, but based on the art design of his characters, I'm going to guess he's from a Tales game. ...Legendia by process of elimination.

Are we allowed to take our bests in the battle that be? If so, until I have information on Duke, I'm with Knuckles in thinking Sephy would be victorious. That said, Why stop at showing us, and give a little on who they are and some of their statistics like the actual Death Battle? ...Not ALL of the details, since that would be a bit rediculous, but just some.

That said, I might just make my own custom Death Battle. Who knows, maybe If I find the time I'll make a fiction out of these Death Battles, and act out the custom death battles. Nekit knows (Figuratively, replacing Lord, or God, with Nekit XD) the writer's block could use some more material.

Aha, I knew someone would at least know from what franchise Duke is. But no, he is from Tales of Vesperia ;3 But since Sephy needs no introduction, I'm giving a small summary of who exactly Duke is:

I'm going to create a thread about this fight in the Writer's Block with full analysis. This thread will still stay here for discussion though.

Duke Pantarei is the main antagonist of Tales of Vesperia, and also the final boss. He was seen as a hero during the great war, but lost trust in humanity and became an omnious character. This was due to humans killing Duke's best friend, Elucifer. The great war consisted of Humans not trusting the Entelexeia (which Elucifer is part of). But the Entelexeia fought so that they and the humans could live in peace again. Due to the death of Elucifer, Duke cut all ties with the humans.

Duke was still seen as a hero, and helps the Protagonist Yuri Lowell pretty often because they had the same goals. For one, he even gave him his sword, the mighty lost sword Dein Nomos. He eventually reclaims it when he realises that there is a different solution. Because Alexei, the antagonist for the first part of the game, released an ancient threat, the Adephagos, by accident, Duke went on his own journey. He released the ancient tower Tarqaron, where he would exchange the lifes of all of humanity to destroy the Adephagos, and also make the Entelexeia rulers again. He's eventually defeated and helps Yuri defeat the Adephagos by offering all of the Blastia. Then he walks off. That's it :3

I will go into full analysis in a thread I plan to make soon. So it might be confusing at the moment, but I will clear it up as best as I can :3

Edited by Shadow
Added spoiler

Now I get why you chose him and Sephiroth. You got good taste. ^_^ ...Though for future reference, I recommend using the Spoiler tag.

Sephiroth is the main antagonist and final boss of Final Fantasy VII. Born to two scientists Lucrecia and Hojo with the cells of an ancient planetary-parasitic alien shape-shifter known as Jenova, and raised by Professor Hojo and his superior Professor Gast, Sephiroth quickly joined the first class unit of SOLDIER, a special forces unit of Shinra Electric company. ...Yes, an electric company became powerful enough to be a global superpower and gain a private army. He became friends with fellow first-class members, Angeal and Genesis, and became a hero in the eyes of the world and especially its' children like main protagonist Cloud Strife during the war against the country of Wutai. However, after the war, his friends both either went rogue or died and during one fateful trip to Nibelheim, Cloud's hometown, he discovered (though misunderstood) the truth of his birth and heritage. He came to the conclusion after days of research without rest in the basement of Nibelheim's mansion that he was the son of Jenova, that Jenova was a member of a race known as the Cetra (Essentially a race of human-like people who existed long before the humans but died out.) and that the humans betrayed the Cetra and let them die, leading him to despise and lose all respect for humanity. (Anyone else seeing a few connections here?)

Defeated by Cloud's unexpected hands, but still alive, his body became frozen in crystallized mako. (Mako condense liquid of the life stream used to power the machines of the world,and the life stream being basically the source of all life on the planet.) However by the power of Jenova's cells and Sephiroth's sheer will, he was able to extend himself to the body of his mother, resulting in her becoming him as he searched for the ultimate black magic, Meteor, in an attempt to bring it down on the planet and on its ruins absorb the lifestream and become a god. While he was close to achieving this end, Cloud and his friends managed to put a stop to his plan and defeated Sephiroth a second time. ....And then a final third time when he came back in the form of three clones of him, one of which eventually becoming him before he disappears and his body reverts back to its original form....which then also disappears.

Despite them being different, I could see some similarities that could make the battle a very close result:

• They both have a lot of combat experience.
  • They both have a final form with overpowered moves (Sephiroth got Supernova, Duke got Big Bang)

• They are both pretty omnious. And have a... similar design at some points of view I guess :3
  • They both have a legendary sword (Sephiroth got Masamune, Duke got Dein Nomos
  • They both were heroes turned villain (though it is debateable on Duke's case, but Tales of games usually have open endings

It's a shame I don't see this battle happening anytime soon though, because the Tales of franchise is for a particular target group. But if it were to happen... OHHOHOHOHO, that would be absolutely amazing.

You forgot to mention:

• Both had a tie (Sephiroth with Jenova technically and Duke with Elucifer) to a race similar but different to humanity and ultimately peaceful.
  • Both were heroes of great wars.
  • Both, because of the fate of their ties to said similar-but-different-to-humanity races, lost their respect for humanity, felt betrayed by them, and ultimately plotted a goal that would result in their extermination.

I think I'm going to start on the script very soon, eventually even post it on Screwattack too so that they can see it.. and hopefully make it :D

On another note, let's talk about the Death Battles themselves. There isn't really a Death Battle with an outcome that I would disagree on. Except for one.

Zelda vs. Peach.

Peach shouldn't have won. Absolutely not.

I totally agree with you Cheery.

I watched that one and did not agree with it.

Well the new one is out, and I'll share my opinion in a spoiler tag for the people who haven't watched it yet!

YES! Charizard didn't won! It was a bit dissapointing that they did not include mega evolutions. I do get why they did so, but I still wanted to see them. But I was happy to see Blastoise as the actual winner, because he totally deserved it. Also, those deaths... wow, they were really cruel. Sure, most of the Death Battles are but I don't know... here they could be even considered worse.

Next Death Battle? Eh, not interested.

Goku vs. Super Sonic... Well true Goku is more powerful than God himself but when Sonic is in his Super form he should be invincible.. so... I don't understand this how did Goku win?