Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sirhc179

Sonic and Tails age in Archie Comic (post-Super Genesis wave)

25 posts in this topic

I was looking at Sonic and Tails age on SonicNewsNetwork and Sonic Encyclopedia and it says the current age for Sonic (after the second genisis wave) is still 17 while Tails age has gone from 11 back to 8. Why is that? Is their any proof? I really like Tails and i think he is one of the best characters in the series. I would like to see him evolve in age as well as character. He was soon going to turn 12 and later Sonic would turn 18. I know this isn't a big deal but when i saw Tail's age it really bothered me, I don't know why... Hopefully its just an error. For now i will just ignore and say he is still 11.

As with many things, the reboot is shifting everything closer to the games. In the games Tails is generally 8, so...

True. The Tails from the games is 8 so I guess to be more like the games, they made him 8

I guess they also forgot about the 'sonic being in space for an entire year' part. That hurts though, many old archie comic readers will remember this.

That so wrong now tails have to wait more years before he become a teenager or adulthood.

Thanks for all the replies. I hope they don't make the comics like the games. Archie Sonic should be it's own story, and it's own world. In Archie, the story's are a lot more serious then the games in my opinion, and i like that. I also like the fact that the characters develop and grow over time. As a major Tails fan, i was really looking forward to when he would be a teenager so that he would stop being treated like a child (Maybe it could also make artists stop drawing him as a sissy crybaby).

I hope they don't make the comics like the games. Archie Sonic should be it's own story, and it's own world. In Archie, the story's are a lot more serious then the games in my opinion, and i like that. I also like the fact that the characters develop and grow over time. As a major Tails fan, i was really looking forward to when he would be a teenager so that he would stop being treated like a child (Maybe it could also make artists stop drawing him as a sissy crybaby).

While the series will have its own stories, there are still going to be many connections to the games, whether we like it or not. (I'm personally fine with this.) As for Tails' age, I don't recall them ever bringing it up in the reboot yet, so I wouldn't worry about it too much. That being said, of course each character will develop & grow as time passes, but I don't expect any major changes in age. As for being treated like a child (and by extension, the 'artists' remark) ...since when has that happened recently?

There's already one confirmed major change in age; Charmy is six post-crossover.

Huh? ...Oh yeah, I forgot that Charmy was older in the previous continuity. (Though in fairness, I started reading long after that whole 'LSD' scenario...)

I'm dissapointed to what they did with Charmy. He was a very respectable and overall likeable character until he got brainwashed in the Egg Grapes.

It's a shame.

Jeez its been forever since iv'e last seen any of the chaotic's in the comics. Honestly, i think they should bring back the Knuckles the Echidna comics. The series has grown so much and their are so many stories to tell, i think that having 2 comic lines aren't enough.

While the series will have its own stories, there are still going to be many connections to the games, whether we like it or not. (I'm personally fine with this.) As for Tails' age, I don't recall them ever bringing it up in the reboot yet, so I wouldn't worry about it too much. That being said, of course each character will develop & grow as time passes, but I don't expect any major changes in age. As for being treated like a child (and by extension, the 'artists' remark) ...since when has that happened recently?

I have absolutely no problem with the comics having a connection to the games either. As for Tails being treated like a child, i was talking about the issues way back when Sonic, Sally, Khan, and Tails went to the east during the Journey to the east comics (Though right now he isn't being treated like a child which i like). Also about the comment on the artist, I'm not talking about the Archie artists (in my opinion the Archie artists are amazing at the way they draw they characters!), I meant the fan artists on Deviant Art.

The Chaotix had the last full SU arc prior to the crossover, then appeared in the crossover. They've been pretty regular lately.

I became a fan of Sonic in 2013 and this change frustrates me, I had searched the characters' age before the whole reboot and Sonic was said to be 20, counting the space travel, and Tails to be 11. If their ages have been actually changed, so will their attitude. The Archie Sonic Comics had been a great Bildungsroman, although not concentrated on just one character and not a novel, for all character had a development thru age, especially Tails. We saw this beginning in his adventure in Downunda in the mini series, thru the early 100s comics, then in the House of Cards Arc, and it was progressing until the reboot. Now we have a Tails that has no memories of his 'other' past, so his growth thru the years of comics has banished to a new starting point.

We will just have to wait until we get an exposition of all this new world continum....

Now we have a Tails that has no memories of his 'other' past, so his growth thru the years of comics has banished to a new starting point.

Actually, I don't think it's been outright stated that Tails, as well as the other FFs, have lost their old memories. After the Unleashed adaptation, however... who knows?

I think the current implication is they are currently loosing the original memories.

Skye has the idea. The characters themselves said that their previous memories are fading and are just like dreams.

That sounds about right. 'Tis a shame that they won't last, but Ian Flynn probably doesn't want the characters to be lingering onto their old memories forever.

That sounds about right. 'Tis a shame that they won't last, but we wouldn't really want the characters to be lingering onto their old memories forever, now would we?

You mean as we the reader's are liable to do?

I think after a while Ian Flynn did have dr.eggman change everything back to normal with a 3rd genesis wave also didn`t anybody notice there doing the unleashed adaption after the colours adaption

He can't change things back to normal. Setting all this stuff up then wiping it away would almost be as big a misstep as the reboot in the first place. Not to mention all the tricky Executive Meddling issues which cause most of these problems.

And yes, it is pretty blatant. And it has been mentioned.

Ian wanted them to not have any memories (so it'd be a clean reboot and easily say to everyone "look, guys, we're not going back"), Paul Kaminski wanted them to keep the memories (to keep the connection to the old canon and sell reprints I assume), they compromised on them remembering at first but forgetting eventually. Which is where we are now, they basically don't remember it.

Also, all SEGA characters are game-age now.

To be honest, I kinda prefer them rectoning Charmy's age after the genesis wave compared to how the writers caused Charmy to lose some of his sanity to "amend" the fact they had made him much older than he was supposed to be. Even Flyn admitted he wished he hadn't gone about it the way he had.

well it's great they started a new story... but now I feel sort of empty... o_o you know? "all those comic stories for nothing" feeling... since they don't even remember anything.. some of the changes were great of course (like King Acorn being kind and caring actually, Antoine is fine, Sally isn't a robot HUGE shock when she did turn into a robot btw... o-o) and now they can finally give us Sonic Unleashed story. a bit different of course but I always wanted stories from the Sonic games.

i kind of have mixed feelings about the whole restarting everything. as for tails age 8 or not he still seems pretty old for his age.

He always does, given his high intellect makes him more mature.  Also, he's next to Sonic who's pretty immature for his age, making Tails seem more mature by contrast.