Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MetalSkulkBane_PL

What would you do with Honey the Cat?

18 posts in this topic

I bet Flynn got that one thousands of times. "Will Honey show up in comics?". I bet everybody would support. So the real question isn't the one fans ask, but the one Flynn must ask himself. Or rather questions. If Bean and Bark are bad guys, should Honey be too? Should she be a mercenary? What can she add to comics? What she would be like? What would be her powers?

Of course since Honey is based on character from Fighting Vipers (who was renamed Candy in USA), Honey could simply be exactly the same, but some may consider that approach lazy and "fashionista that joined tournament to promote her line of clothing" probably wouldn't translate correctly.

Personally I wouldn't mind if she was a bad, since we kind lost all female villains, but I'm open to interpretation. Candy is "Cute and sweet to be around; usually shy and quiet, but wild and wicked as a Viper" and I guess that this personality just as well as any other. Her abilities are slightly generic: Candy is simply a martial artist, and Honey due to being unfinished has only moves of other characters, mostly Knuckles. Besides fighting skill I considered ability to change size of her hands like characters in Sonic Fighters did but that would be a little weird. One webcomic had a brilliant idea thought: Honey could copy moves of her opponents (get it, she was a "copycat") . See this is why comic book writers can't read fanfiction - Flynn only could use that idea if he came up with it himself.

The biggest question is probably how to insert her into comic. In case she couldn't become a full character I had an idea: make her new Bivalve. She could show up in background of the comic whenever action would take place in Mobotropolis, and through those short appearances we could learn more about her. She could be fighting a Eggswat next time Eggman attacks, or show Cream some fighting moves to defend herself. With cleaver planning her appearances could even have some narrative to it.

Share your thoughts.

Quite frankly, I've been wanting her in the comic for a long time. As a bad guy, she would help rebuild the heroes' rouges gallery, but I just don't think it can easily be pulled off with her. Perhaps she could be like Bean and Bark, only more protagonist as to how she behaves in the comics.

Hmm, wanting to make her a merc like Bean and Bark... You know, if they're looking for a Fiona Fox stand in, there we have it.

That kinda might annoy some fans, thinking it's lacking creativity, but considering how the cast has become slashed in numbers I think we should take what we can get.

As long as she isn't a carbon copy (i.e. different backstory, character and maybe powers) it would be okay, but she could fulfill a similar role in the bad guy roster, i.e. the confident female villain who can humiliate most of the cast in a one-on-one fight and can do manipulation pretty well.

Hey guess what Kittens, Honey will appear in issue 263, the adaptation to Sonic The Fighters!

really?? we'll see Honey after such a long time?? and in comic book world? o_o awesome. it would be great if she would be in the main story as well... but.. I'm happy I'll get to see her. I think she has the potential to be awesome character no matter if she would be hero or villain.

Honey should be that carefree character or be an anti-hero like shadow and jet.

1 person likes this

See this is why comic book writers can't read fanfiction - Flynn only could use that idea if he came up with it himself.

Now, I'm not one for stealing under ANY circumstances, and I understand that after the debacle of he-who-shall-not-be-named, Flynn might be a little more cautious with what he picks out for characters and aspects of said characters. But something as basic as abilities, especially since said abilities can be noted by simply looking at what is officially known, isn't exactly trademarked. ...Well, technically it is, but by Sega.

Now, if he copied EVERYTHING about her from the webcomic, that would probably be a different story, but I highly doubt he'd even consider that. My point is that, despite the use of it in a fan-made webcomic, Flynn should not have any problems using Mimicry in his work if it simply due to connecting the same dots that they did.

Here's another way to put it: I was hoping for this to be a surprise but, I intended on bringing Honey into Sonic: TPU. And upon researching facts that weren't filled in by the fanon, I came to the same conclusion you did in her being a Copycat. If We can do it, and if they can do it, why wouldn't Flynn draw that conclusion, and if he did draw that conclusion, why should it be a problem that he wasn't the first? I mean, technically speaking, It's not like the last debacle, Honey belongs to Sega, ...Well, technically I suppose it belongs to the people who made Fighting Vipers and Sega, but the point remains.

While I'm on this, I'll say that if Flynn does bring in Honey, I'll be happy. After said research, I would much like to see what the Archie team would do with her.

Hey guess what Kittens, Honey will appear in issue 263, the adaptation to Sonic The Fighters!

...Umm...I think you might have confused the number a little, Monk. The comics on this site is up to #265, let alone the ones that were made that haven't made it here yet. Or are you referring to another sub-series of Sonic? In that case, which one?

Honey should be that carefree character or be an anti-hero like shadow and jet.

I 100% agree with this statement. ...Actually, I would prefer if she was both. Because why not? Considering the Anti-Hero trope, it'd be interesting to see a laid-back anti-hero.

I can't wait to see what kind of character they'll make her! her one appearance in sonic the fighters didn't give much of a clue of what she's like

I can't wait to see what kind of character they'll make her! her one appearance in sonic the fighters didn't give much of a clue of what she's like

Unless you played fighting viper which half of the sonic community had never played/hear of the series.

I couldn't care less if they put Honey as a villain or as a hero the important thing here is: she rocks! no matter of the side! and.. does she really have real wings? and do they work?

Hmm, wanting to make her a merc like Bean and Bark... You know, if they're looking for a Fiona Fox stand in, there we have it.

i agree. honey the cat can be the post genesis fiona fox, messing and flirting with boys to have her way and stealing things.

i agree. honey the cat can be the post genesis fiona fox, messing and flirting with boys to have her way and stealing things.

Bwa?  What?  She's around shown up.  And she's not like that.

1 person likes this

Bwa?  What?  She's around shown up.  And she's not like that.

I'd personally hate to see her like that.. I see her more of a... business woman kind of girl? Not like Fiona.. Definitely positively NOT like Fiona. I mean sure she doesn't tell everything might lie every now and then but I don't think she's "pure evil" Just... a bit selfish maybe?

I... wouldn't have called Fiona pure-evil.  More had a choice and decided to go evil.

I... wouldn't have called Fiona pure-evil.  More had a choice and decided to go evil.

Well yeah true but you know what I mean right?

Heh, yeah I do.  Don't worry.