Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The_Duck

About Sonic Universe...

6 posts in this topic

I didn't think this should go in the main topic, so I just made a new one, since I have a quick question.

I'm just starting reading the Archie comics. I'd read a few of them waaaaay back in the day as my brother was collecting them, but we never got anywhere close to all of them. In any case, what I wanted to know is, are the Sonic Universe comics a separate canon from the main Archie comic series? Or is it like a companion series that ties into the main one, like the Sally and Tails (and other) miniseries?

I'm just wondering, because I'm kinda excited to read about Silver and Blaze and some of the newer characters that are in that one, but I didn't know if I should finish the main series first. I can only guess that it'll be pretty obvious once I get that far, since the comics advertise the upcoming issues pretty well. It makes the intended order become clear, if you just keep reading them.

Also, another random question, irrelevant to the first: when was the first Sonic Universe released? I had seen one or two of them in my local bookstore before, a few years ago, and it was only about 30 or so issues in then. I was just wondering how new it was. (I really am out of the loop when it comes to the comics.)

Sonic Universe is in the same canon as the main comics. They are just companion stories that give some spotlight to the side characters. As for finishing the main series first, that's up to you. I only read Sonic Universe so I can't be of much help in that regard, though there is the fact the continuity was recently rebooted to consider. As for when it was first released, the first SU was released in February 2009 apparently.

Here's how I do it:

Sonic the Hedgehog 1-200

Sonic Universe 1-8

StH 201-204

SU 9-12

StH 205-209

SU 13-16

StH 210-214

SU 17-20

StH 215-218

SU 21-28

StH 219-225

SU 29-32

StH 226-232

SU 33-36

StH 233-234

SU 37-40

StH 235-240

SU 41-49

StH 241-427

SU 50

Then you need to follow crossover like this:

Act 1 - "Kindred Spirits"

To Shadow, I guess if you only read Sonic Universe, and not the main series, and weren't too confused by it, then it really won't matter when I read it. I guess I can just read it however I will. Thanks for the input!

To MetalSkulkBane, thanks for the list! That should help a lot! Especially when it comes to the Megaman crossover. I'm actually weirdly excited about reading that. The order looks a little confusing, but with that list it should be no problem. Thanks!

For the crossover the order isn't that confusing. Once you reach the start point in each series it goes: Mega Man - Sonic Universe - Sonic the Hedgehog : repeat until finished.