The Jest

Role-Play Mania v2.0

62312 posts in this topic

"Aren't they, aren't they!" Melody replied to Hope, happily hugging her while still watching. "This is way better than I'd even imagined."

"I do what I can for Skye too, but I think now he in far better hands," Mina said to Tikal.

------------------------

"Shh, not a word. It's a surprise. Just in case it doesn't work out as well. Don't want to get her hopes up."

"You are giving me way too much credit , miss ." Said Tikal, blushing."After all,No one know a child better than his own Mother."

------------------

"Have no fears."Said Glen."She won't heard a word of this unless you say so."

"I suppose that is true, but..." Mina sight and turned to look at Skye and Melody as they watched the fireworks. "...sometimes I feel I should have been a better Mother for them."

------------------

"Thank you Glen. Now I suppose I should head inside and she what trouble that girl of mine is getting up to."

"It's alright ."Said Tikal."You are still doing more than many could in your place."

------------

"In your place, I would not worry too much. I'm sure she'll end up doing great things, or at least follow her parent's footstep."

Mina shook her head. "I treated Melody as if she was a trainee, not my daughter. And Skye... I still regret what I did to him. I'm trying to make it up to them now but," Mina sighed heavily. "You said that a Mother knows her child best. That may be true, but since they came back... it's like they're two completely different people."

------------------

"I hope she does follow in our footsteps. Nothing would make me prouder than to see my little girl wearing the uniform of the Zone-Cops."

"Maybe it's you who changed ." Said Tikal."And that change reflected on your children .All they wanted from you was love, And you finally answered their prayers ." Tikal kept on."Nothing might erase the past, but the three of you can now turn on to the future "

--------------

"As long as she follow her own way and make something out of herself , I'm sure you'll be proud of her anyways."Said Glen."That's how every father act toward their children,"

Hope hugged Melody back while gazing at the display.

----------------------

Rouge put her arm round Shadow and leaned her head on his shoulder.

"Morning handsome," she said wearily.

"Morning Rouge," he replied.

"I see Maria's up. It was so nice of Gerald to let her come over. Where did you go anyway?"

"Gerald?... oh we just went for a walk. We're heading to the forest for a little trip, you want to come?"

"Sure Shadow, why not?" she replied, her tiredness making her miss his confusion at Gerald being alive and seemingly sane.

Mina smiled. "You're right Tikal, the past should cast a shadow over us, its the future that is important." She hugged the Echidna. "See, I told you Skye was in good hands"

"Wow, did you see that one?" asked Melody pointing. "I think we're just about to start the big finial now!"

(ooc: Now why would the Dream Mina act this way? Does one or both of the kids, rather than having a mother who always loved them, would prefer their mother to have learned she was wrong? Is this a sign of their subconscious trying to force the truth out. Or is Mina somehow in the dream also, either her future or present persona...???)

-----------------

Ziona's father glanced at Glen. "I suppose your right, I will be proud no matter what she does."

(Ooc: It's your part of the story. You can even have Mina being the one behind it all)

"Thank you." said tikal."I'm so happy for you now."

--------------

"That's how parents should always be . No matter what, they'll grow up. And it'll be up to us to make sure they go the right way."

"Oh, enough talk, we're missing the show. I'm sorry for distracting you from it."

Over at the balcony, Melody squealed with delight as the fireworks exploded to form a massive portrait of herself in the sky. Skye just glanced at his sister, one eyebrow raised with amusement.

(ooc: More I was just trying to un-nerve people with some possibilities...)

--------------

"Do you have kid's of your own?" he asked Glen.

"Well, that's.... unexpected , to say the least." Said Tikal.

(Ooc: I would have wanted Tikal to say a joke about Melody's face on the sky, But she is not cinical enough for this kind of things....)

----/---------------

"I'm affraid not ."

"Unexpected that it happened, not unexpected that Melody would have wanted it," said Skye to Tikal

Melody was too delighted to actually say anything.

-----------------

"That's a shame, a real shame."

(ooc: And off to bed now, See you later)

"I see." Said Tikal before giggling.

-------------

"A shame you say, why so ?" Asked Glen, a bit confused.

"This is live near Castle Prower." the TV said "Today is the coronation of Melody Prower and..." Dylan nearly fell of his chair in shock.

"Coronation?!" Dylan exclaimed. "Melody?! What?!" He turned off the TV and started trying to find Castle Prower from his computer.

The fireworks continued, adding an image of a crown to the portrait.

"Okay, this is just going over the top now," Skye commented. Melody shot him a huffy look.

"Well, I like it!"

"You would!"

-----------------

"If you don't have children of your own, I can't really explain. But I will say you are missing out."

"It's still impressive though." Said Tikal.

-------------

"You think ?" Said Glen."Well, I guess I'll compensate by taking care of other children then."

"Oh yes, very impressive," Skye agreed. "Though I didn't know Mom could do magic."

---------------

"I assume from that there isn't a 'Mrs Glen' then?"

"I guess there is a beginning for everything ?" said tikal.

-----/--------

Glen laughed ."Well, no, not really."

"And an end," murmured Skye thoughtfully as the fireworks began to fade into the night sky.

"Aww, thanks Hope," said Melody with, for once, a slightly bashful smile. "And it won't be too long before I get to wear the real one."

"You better get changed into something more regal Melody," Mina told her daughter. "The official ceremony is next."

"Sure thing Mom. Hope, do you want to change into something more fancy too?"

---------------

"A possible future Mrs Glen then? Or are you still an open bachelor?

After a while of looking around, Dylan finally found where Castle Prower was. He was able to see the party on the balcony with cameras.

"So, perhaps the the other world was not entirely false," he thought.

"I would, but I don't know if you'll have anything that'll fit me. I am a human after all. Though there's no harm in trying."

"I see." Said Tikal.

--------------

"Well, I do have someone in my sights ." Said Glen."But I'm open to surprises ."

"I'm sure we'll find something," said Melody with a smile as she led Hope off. "We're around the same height so that's a start.

"Sorry, I don't know where I was going with that. Didn't mean to dampen the mood." Skye apologized to Tikal.

---------------------

"Best of luck to you then."

(ooc: I wonder if he'd be so friendly if he knew who!)

"Oh? I was just thinking out loud ." Said Tikal.

---------

"Yes , Thank flr the support."

(Ooc: Who know ? But at the age his daughter is .... Glen is good for jail)