The Jest

Role-Play Mania v2.0

62312 posts in this topic

Skye returned to the infirmary to find Dylan already there. "Do you know what's wrong with Melody?" he asked, then looked around. "And where is the other Melody?" he whispered.

--------

"Even... even after everything he did to you?" asked Miles. "For someone you didn't know... who was the same person as the one trying to hurt you..." Miles seemed to be having trouble wrapping his head around the concept.

"I have no idea where the other Melody is. Maybe with Sabre, which would explain his absence. As for this Melody, Anna noticed some badly damaged cybernetics at the back of the neck. That could be part of the reason why she's not moving"

"But you're not the same person as him. You're not some arrogant, hearltess cretin. You're the opposite in fact."

"Cybernetics?" asked Skye, sounding worried. He walked over to Melody's bed and, after apologizing, lifted her neck. "I think... I might be able to repair the damage," said Skye. "But it won't be a perfect fix."

'Just let me talk again Skye. Please, thought Melody.

-----------

"Opposite?" repeated Miles, sounding disbelieving. "I'm not a cretin, but, the other two..."

"Well, she may not be dead but it looks like Miley did something to her. I wouldnt be surprised if she put in a loyalty chip while she was at it. Still, if you need parts, you can check through what I have in the basement. Just get at least get it so her head works. That way we can see if she can help us"

"If you were those things you wouldn't have tried to help get him out of my head. Or care about what he did in there."

"Fixing Most of the damage is simply sorting the severed connections here. Or at least, that should let her communicate. Do you have any tools for fine electronic manipulation?" Skye asked Dylan. "And I hope you're wrong about the chip. Because if she has one, it's more likely deep in her brain."

'Why do you always have to be right Skye? You can't get it out, not without damage," Melody thought, a few tears appearing again. Skye looked at his sister and noticed the tears.

"She can hear us! Don't worry Melody, I'll find some way to fix this."

-----------

Miles was silent as he pondered what Zamy said. "I just always assumed I was those things," he eventually said, slightly confused. "Hey, there's a map!" he said, pointing down the corridor, hoping to have something to break this uncomfortable introspection.

'Am I really that kind of person? Someone who actually cares about silly things?' he wondered to himself.

Zamy walked closer to the map and had a look. "There should be a restroom up ahead you can use Miles," she said, motioning further down the hallway.

Dylan saw the tears too. He really wanted this fixed now

"I don't know, I never properly organised things. There are probably some hidden away there"

"Great. Uh, please tell me when you said I had to be watched all the time, that didn't include in the rest room!" said Miles, half-joking, half worried.

----------

"Let's see what we can find! C'mon," said Skye, running out of the infirmary. "We'll be back soon Melody!" he promised.

"Hang on! I can teleport us there. Melody too if you want. It would be quicker"

"Yeah, that'll work better. Thanks!" said Skye, extremely grateful.

"Okay, grab on" Dylan said grabbing onto Melody

Skye nodded and grabbed ahold of Dyaln.

--------------

Miles laughed too. "That's good. I'll try to be quick," he said as he headed into the restroom. He looked at himself in the mirror, and for a moment didn't recognize his reflection. His bright yellow fur was stained a darker shade from the unwashed dirt and grim. Rather than his usual smirk, his mouth was in a happy, childlike, almost innocent grin, which seemed to change the whole structure of his face. The black eye didn't help matters either. His normally straight black hair was a mess and, Miles was slightly embarrassed to note, it was starting to stuck up in three thick clumps like his prime counterpart. He tried pressing it down, but that just caused it to bounce back up, even more noticeably.

"I can fix it after my shower," he muttered to himself.

Dylan teleported them to the basement he kept his stuff in

"Let's get somewhere for Melody to lie down before we start looking through this mess"

"Good plan. Do you have a mattress or camping bed in here?" Skye asked.

----------

Miles was a bit surprised to discover there was at least one advantage to only having a single tail. It was a lot quicker to wash himself now. After his shower and drying himself, Miles began looking round the restroom for a comb for his hair. But then his stomach gave a loud, and this time painful, rumble. Instead of waiting more time, Miles just fattened his hair with his hands, hoping the waiting in it would keep it flat. However, the moment he turned away from the mirror, it began splitting into three clumps again.

"I've got to get some new clothes," Miles muttered to himself. Aside from his gloves and boots, all he had was the same prison jumpsuit he'd escaped in. Rather than wear that, the cub pulled on his gloves and boots, and just went with the 'bare fur' look. He wasn't keen on it, but ti was better that still wearing prison garb.

"Okay. I could really do with something to eat now. I'm starving!" he said as he exited the restroom. He looked at Zamy. "Are you doing okay?" he asked with concern.

"Um..."Dylan started looking around the room

"There"he said pointing to an old mattress

"Not great, but it will do," said Skye, placing Melody down gently. He then began digging though the equipment to find suitable tools.

"How am I going to explain everything to her?" he asked.

"All things considered I think so. Let's get you some food. I'd ask what you like but I'm guessing you didn't eat out much on Moebius?"

"Just explain it in your own way. If you need help, I'm here"

"I'll... I'll try." said Skye. then he gave a happy shout.

"Prefect, these are what I'm after."

-----------

"Not really. Though there were some places before everything went really bad," said Miles. Part of him wanted to admit what he really wanted to eat, but another part of him, knowing it was also a favorite of his prime counterpart, was too embarrassed and ashamed to admit it.