The Jest

Role-Play Mania v2.0

62312 posts in this topic

"Yes ?" Asked Locke."What do you want ?"

-----------

At the same moment , Crowley and Red were just going in .

-----------

"Hush, hush. Rest now." Said Tikal."I'll take care of everything now."

----------

"I couldn't possibly say otherwise ."Said Glen, holding her against him.

On the balcony Melody couldn't hear anything. Which either meant Hope was out of range, or the effect had disappeared already. An idea crossed her mind.

Still worried about the idea that more than just mere thoughts could be passing between them, Melody took off her tiara, and set it down on the balcony table between where she and Hope had been sitting. To her, the tiara was something she associated with her whole 'princess' desire, so if that had been passed onto Hope by this 'sharing thoughts' thing, Hope might try wearing it.

Once it was in place she tried pushing it out of her mind, so that Hope wouldn't detect the test. She began concentrating on the music, and started singing along.

Astraea and Kali both nod and run to the temple gate. As they open the old door, they enter into a large open room with nothing in it.

"What is this? No doors? No Hallways? Just a massive box." Astraea says dissapointed.

"Don't give your hopes up." Kali responds. "If these books are important as they say, it may just be another secret we need to unlock. Let's search around for a secret entrance.

-----------------------------------------

From the bushes behind them, Trigun watches as the group entered the temple. He then slowly begins to follow, behind sensing range until his opportune moment.

Hope didn't get any reply so assumed the link weakened with distance like a radio signal, and soon arrived back at the hotel with Shadow. She went outside and saw Melody singing along.

"Didn't get any response. And why'd she take her tiara off? It can't hurt her to wear it or she wouldn't have brought it out," she thought.

Melody gave a little jump when she 'heard' Hope.

'Yeah. I didn't hear anything either,' thought Melody in reply. She glanced towards the tiara. 'I shoulda been more subtle... Whoops, did she hear that?'

'Uh.... sorta...' Melody thought, looking a little awkward. 'I thought it might be a good test to see if more than just thought's were being passed between us. If you'd picked up a little bit of 'me', then you'd have probably tried to put it on the moment you saw it!'

Hope giggled. "While it does look pretty it really wouldn't suit me. I'm too aware of my lowly peasant lineage," she joked.

Melody breathed a sigh of relief. 'Then for the moment we're still ourselves', she though happily as she snatched up the tiara and placed it back on her head. 'I just don't feel complete without it' she thought, not meaning to broadcast it.

"Anna?" Asked Locke."Is anything alright ?"

-------------

Tikal was now on her way to the hotel .

-------------

"The people hiding these books were sage indeed, But sometime, the easiest way to protect something .... Is to put it right under the thief's nose." Said spectre.

Skye was still unconscious. Good thing, otherwise the poor cub would feel immensely guilty.

-------------

"Uh, I was wonder if you could check with Mom if It'd be okay for Red to stay for a bit?" said Anna.

-------------

Ziona slid an arm round Glen and leaned next to him watching the last rays of the sunset.

Melody's face, despite her black fur, visibly blushed red. "I... uh.... Thank's for understanding..." she stammered out. "We really are gonna need to be careful...."

"You can ask her directly ." Said Locke, "She just got in."

---------

Glen simply let Zionna does as she pleased for now, enjoying the affection.

----------

Tikal was now in the penthouse . She went directly to Skye's room, and put him gently on his bed. She then sat at his side.

"Yeah we are. We don't need anyone meddling and potentially making the situation worse," she thought.

Skye stirred again. "It's brighter now Tikal. Did I sleep all night outside?"

--------------

'Yeah, we'll need to be careful. But we can't hide outside forever though. Guess we'll just have to keep our wits about us," thought Melody.

------------

"She is?" exclaimed Anna. "Red, wait right there, don't move!" she exclaimed, the shot off looking for her adopted mother.

Listening to Spectres words, Kali looks around to the floor as he see's a red symbol.

"Astraea, come look at this." he says, waving her over. She looks at the symbol carefully.

"This is our peoples lock." she says suprised. As hse places her hand on it, it glows brightly and the stone floor begins to burn away, revealing a staircase.

"Looks like what we need is down there." Knuckles says. Suddenly there a slow clap is heard from near the entrance.

"Bravo friends. You seem to have uncovered something valuable." Trigun says, emerging from the entrance with an echoing voice.

"Of course , here you are ." Said Spectre ."Go and get what

you need people, I'll take care of this .... loose end."

------------

"Anna, what's going on ?" Said Older Red."You seem more tense than usual."

-----------

"It's because you are back at the hotel ." Said Tikal."I brought you back ."

"You...brought me back?" asked Skye. He tried to sit up but was to exhausted to manage properly. "I'm sorry. You didn't need to do that."

-----------------

"Hi Mom... uh... okay... so you're... erm, the younger you is still here. Do you think... you're up to meeting yourself?" asked Anna nervously.

"Sorry rodent, but I would like to see this "book" for myself." Trigun says as he begins dripping water from his hands. As each drop hits the ground, it begins to grow and form into human like figures, wielding all sorts of weapons.

"A marvelous ability it is, being able to craft whatever I wish from my hands. Now then, ta-ta for now." he then turns into water and slips under everyone, going down the staircase.

"Astraea! We can't let him find that book first!" Kali yells, knocking one of the water warriors over and rushing down the stairs. Astraea jumps over the warrior as well and rushes through.

As Knuckels and Chaos try to catch up, the warriors surround them, continuing to build in numbers. He punches one in the chest, knocking it into pieces, as those then reform, creating even more.

"Looks like we'll have to hold them off until Kali and Astraea catch that guy." Knuckles says, backing up closer to Spectre.

"It's alright ." Said Tikal." You outdid yourself today."

-------------

"At this point...."Said Older Red ,

"I suppose so, grandson ." Said Spectre , throwing away another fighter ."Everything lay down on them now."

Kali and Astraea rush down the hallway to enter a room with an altar in the center, surrounded by fire. Trigun stands in the middle holding a red book.

"Trigun stop!" Kali yells, making him turn around.

"Marvelous is it not?" Trigun says as he tossed the book into the fire.

Kali and Astraea stop in their tracks for a moment. However Trigun then swipes at the fire and pulls the book out once more.

"No matter what flame you throw at it, it doesn't burn. Truly a book of the elements.

-----------------------------

Chaos and Knuckles continue to fight on, however with each enemy they defeat, they come back in greater numbers. As they begin to get overwhelmed, Knuckles grabs one and uses it as a battering ram into the others, crashing against the wall. As it begins to crumble away, he brushes off some rocks to reveal a chaos emerald.

"That's it." he says to himself. He quickly grabs the emerald and turns. "Grandfather! Give this to chaos quick!" he yells as he throws the emerald and is overwhelmed by more warriors.

Spectre catch the chaos emerald and throw it at chaos . He then proceed to use his power not to destroy, but contain the ennemies ."Knuckles ! Don't try to fight them ! Use your power to contain them in a chaos forcefield !!!"

"I know. I exhausted my magic three times today... that could have a lasting effect..." said Skye slowly.

-------------

"Are you sure?" asked Anna. "If you are, I better warn... other you to brace herself."