The Jest

Role-Play Mania v2.0

62312 posts in this topic

"I know what you mean Melody. You don't need to shred everything of your past life away. That knife for example. You've obviously grown attached to it. At heart you seem to be a fighter. There's nothing wrong with that. You just need to train to control yourself. I won't lie. All these things take time. But the earlier you start the earlier you'll be finished. As for going outside. Well that is harder. A simple change of hairstyle would make you blend in. It's your voice that's harder to mask. I just wish there was something I could do to help you."

Dylan has already hacked into the DEL system

Either the DEL are having a massive cleanout, or something strange is going on here. Wait, what's this. Operation Recovery. Sound interesting. Let's open it and see what they're planning

"Everybody is saying the same thing. I need control. I.... I...." Melody thought back to what had happened on the beach. The two fights she'd started with Skye. "I... suppose they may have a point. And the knife, Skye enchanted it for me, so I guess it reminds me more of him than the rest of my past. But no one else thinks its a good thing to use in a fight."

Melody paused and considered Rouge's points about going outside.

"I already have a different hairstyle to Mo... Mina in this Zone. I guess 'll need to do something more drastic and dye it or something. As for my voice," Melody sighed, "Well, Skye was able to change it earlier, but he can't keep his illusions up forever,. Especially when he needs to keep his tail hidden as well."

(ooc: Ooh! This sounds interesting Dylan!"

(ooc: Don't get your hopes up yet, this will not be revealed soon)

"If you ever have to get into a fight know your weapon and be proficient with it, as Shadow says. There will be times in your life where you may have to fight. That knife could one day save your life. Even if you never need to use it, keep it as a reminder. That you'll always have Skye there for you when it counts. As for that whole control thing, I just meant keep in mind when it is and isn't a good idea to pull out your knife. Fighting with your siblings is a normal part of growing up. Gradually you do it less and less apparently. I'd never know, being an only child. Maybe Hope could help you with the voice. Something so small you'd never realise it's there to alter your pitch slightly or something. Just enough to let you go about your business like a regular person. That must be a nice feeling. Not having eyes staring at you everywhere you go." Rouge sounded bitter at the end.

"Yeah, I do tend to go for it too much. Just habit, never knowing if the loud noise that startles you is actually a group of assassins trying to hunt you down. I wonder if our prime counterpart fight... will fight.... as often as Skye and I do."

Melody caught Rouge's bitterness. "Sounds like I'm not the only person with problems outside."

(ooc: Aww. Nice foreshadowing the Dylan!)

"I doubt they'll fight as much. But you never know. And well I guess I can't help the way I look. I like feeling good about myself, unfortunately the creeps like the view. I'm just lucky Shadow is around to calm me down. I'm actually surprised I was undisturbed at the beach earlier."

"I wouldn't care who the attention was from, as long as its for me being me and not mistaken for someone else. Hmm, Hope had a hologram before, maybe she could make you one to give you a different appearance if you wanted. Actually, I should suggest that idea to Skye."

(ooh: Still coming up with ideas, but it's basically another crazy plot which I started to come up with when talking to Glen. Right now, it's time for someone else to choose an adventure. It isn't my turn)

"I see your point. Good idea, I'll have a chst with her. I'm sure she can sort something out for you both if you wanted."

"We should get her and Skye to work together. I'm sure they'd get on like a house on fire... Or, accidentally set the house on fire. One of the two."

(ooc: there's an order to who chooses plots?)

"Haha they would make a great team. Unless they got competitive and started trying to build the craziest gizmo. Then the second part might happen."

"My bet's on Skye. Having spent time in his head, I know how crazy he can be."

"Of course. I can only imagine what that must have been like for you. Shadow's told me what happened, but that doesn't begin to describe it."

"Thankfully for most of it it was like I was asleep. Otherwise," Melody shuddered, "It'll have been way to weird. The brief times I was awake were bad enough. Though I suppose I do know some things now I could blackmail him with."

"Well that's fortunate. Not the sort of experience you want vivid memories of."

"It could have been worse. It could have been Mother or Father's head. And according to Skye, when Mom was in Dad's head, she was able to take over from time to time. I dunno if that's funny or creepy."

"Don't Worry skye, Don't worry... like I said, Your past will always follow you. You'll just need to keep him in check from time to time."

(ooc: Yo Dylan, Skye already got us in two adventure, If you feel like it, you can have us go back to your zone; I feel like introducing Luger ^^)

"As long as I know there's someone there who'll help me if I start to slip back, I'm sure I'll manage."

----------------------------------

"I think Skye said something about him freaking out and trying to run when he saw it happen, but his dream world was starting to collapse at the time and I was more interested in getting out of his head."

No no NO! Don't block me out now! I haven't gotten a chance to...

*Lays head down*

They're planning something, and I have no idea what. Why did they have to block me out then

(ooc: Skye, to answer your question. No, there doesn't seem to be an order, but I don't feel like starting up another one so soon after finishing the other one

Luger? Fair enough)

"That's the spirit. That's the spirit." Locke Said.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

"Anyways, Don't think we let Dylan alone long enough? I'm ok with a beer again. So shadow, go get crowley, We are out for an adventure! a quest for the greater drink!" Said Glen

(ooc: Since everyone is sidequesting, How about a little story between Shadow, Dylan, And glen?)

"Can't say I blame either of you for wanting to get the hell out of there. I shudder to think what happens if you're still inside when it's totally collapsed."

(ooc: Since all my character are busy, it gives le time to think ... how should I get Luger in ? It's your call o. this one :).)

"Heh heh, yeah. And we're here together as one happy family. Isn't that right Melody? ...Melody?"

-------------------------

"I don't even want to think about that. It's bad enough worrying that I might just be a cheap knock-off of myself... erm, heh, pretend you didn't hear that!"