The Jest

Role-Play Mania v2.0

62312 posts in this topic

Skye and Melody glanced at each other.

"Looks like boring grown-up talk. Let's grab some food and leave them to it. Did you see the size of the TV inside?" Both kids quickly striped the table of half it's contents, and wandered back inside.

(ooc: writing myself out for a bit. Turns out the next field is ready to go!)

"You should . After all, I'm the one that appear to ne suspiscious .... " Said Glen.

(ooc: good luck too )

Um. No. I'm not going to start a conversation about this. I don't really want to talk about this, but if the rest of you do, then I'll be part of it. But don't expect me to be saying too much, I'll be here to give opinions where it's best and to make sure things don't go too overboard. So if you want to talk about this, you need to start or convince Shadow or Rouge to start it

"That's Nice, Thank you very much.But I though that since the borh of you had a bad opinion of me , maybe we could habe been able to confront each other about that before something terrible would happen." Said Glen.

So you're saying that both of us have a bad opinion of you. I wouldn't say that's completely true. I don't trust anyone as quickly as you seem to expect me to. I didn't trust the others straight away. It makes it more difficult if you've worked for the DEL. What Shadow thinks, I don't know. Shadow?

"Until recently you worked for the DEL. As far as I know you still could. We have no personnel files, you might be a grunt like you said, or you might be a officer in the know. You can't expect us to trust you straight away."

"I know , I know . But i'll make myself clear: I'm not an officer . My Numerous "conflict" With authority got me a lot of loathing from some higher up, Higher up with family ties . Ties strong enough to never let me live my life the way I wanted. And got le lost in sole stupid coumpound to keep aurora know what kind of piece of Shi-..." Glen took a deep breath. "Sorry about that . Let's say I got the wrong kind of peoples on my back, And i'm sure they are no stranger to my recent troubles ....I'm just so tired . Tired if everything , Of all these conflict for power , for money .... the DEL isn't what it used to be ... Or was it always that way ? I don't know anymore...." Glen looked sad.

The impression I got from the DEL was that they wanted all the power they could get. The power, which would be enough for some people, wasn't enough for them. The whole curse thing would have given power over other zones. That's been stopped, so unless they can find something which held on to part of the curse, that plan has been stopped.

"And it's probably better that way.... Man, Working in the DEL was quite different from the stories my dad use to tell me every night when he was back home , and alive...." Glen took a moment, " He always used to tell me that a soldier had two families : the one where he'll live, And the one he'll die in .they never let me saw his body. He was buried when I was abroad..."

*Looks at Shadow as if to say "What do you think"*

"That philosophy is long since dead in the DEL. They only crave more power. Their men are totally expendable to them."

"That thing is also wrong . It's like in every military coumpound Shadow , Even the ... overlander ones . Some know the valor of their soldier and will lead them as wiqely as they can, taking every friendly death as personnal; And some will simply state that they still have some more reserve arounds, an mostly blame their own incompetence on the soldier's fault ....That was also what my father taught me . An once again, it turned out he was right . it's the shame, that as a man of peace, as he called himself, the only thing I have left of him, is his sidearm..."

*Stands up*

Very interesting, but I think I need some time alone now. This is getting me thinking about things I didn't want to think about here. So See you later

*Goes to room and shuts door*

"Hey shadow , think I must have said something I shouldn't while talking about my past for a bit ?"

"It's possible but I wouldn't know what. I don't exactly know Dylan that well."

"I suppose he just discovered the terrible truth about war: A bunch of nice people , killing another bunch of nice people . Why ? Because they were in front of them. And no amount of lies or self rightousness can hide that fact , even the dead bodies of some that were bad..."

"You talk as if war is never justified. But sometimes it is. Someone has to stand up to the madmen. All it takes for evil men to succeed is for good men to do nothing."

"I never said that . I think, I think it only take the right amount of understanding and paranoia to know your friend from your foes, And act before they ever get the chance to do so themselve . See this as what An operative used to call 'The chaos theory' (If you get the reference , And I know some might, Yes, I have no regrets). Sometimes , It's the little problems that leads to way way bigger one, And more often than not , it happen because we didn't care . It's only when their numbers get way too high and that it's too late to act that the leader will do something . That is what lead to war. I am not a soldier at heart , In fact , i was studying in a college , and I was in a good way ti eventually work in a psychology cursus . I know that many thing could have been avoided . But what happenned happenned , And I'm no echidna to judge someone else ....Right now , what I wish is to move on with my life ."

"Not everyone is made to be a soldier. It's impressive you lasted so long. Maybe you should finish that course here. Put the DEL behind you and start your life anew. (OOC Splinter Cell at a guess? Only other chaos theory I know of is the one to do with probability).

"As I said,My father was a good teacher. He used to take me to the forest younger. Learned how to survive, how to use what nature had to offer , and ,how to hunt...." Glen Said.

"I simply learned to put those skills in Practice. The frontline are nothing but that: A giant survival field with peoples instead of feral animals.And sometimes, one didn't really exclude the other."

(ooc: You got it. It was an easy one.)

Gamma and Knuckles arrive at what appears to be a small lake near the edge of the forest. Gamma pulls out his blaster once more and fires a bright yellow flare into the water. Moments later, the water begins to rise as a tunnel structure begins to appear out of nowhere.

"Cloaking tunnels huh?" Knuckles says, trying to hide his impressed face.

"It did not take long for technology to advance. It's amazing how fast things progress when an immediate threat is constantly there. Come, the tunnel only stays above for 30 seconds."

The two of them enter and the tunnel begins to sink underwater again. Gamma motions Knuckles to hold onto handles that were on the floor. Before he could ask why, they begin increasing in speed dramatically as they rocket down to the bottom of the lake.

"This thing is a lot deeper down than I thought!" Knuckles screams trying to keep from being thrown onto the ceiling.

Gamma lets out a robotic laugh. "As you may have already guessed, there's also still quite some distance between us and the base. The lake may seem small on the surface, but it actually connects under the entire continent and into the ocean. We have created undersea transports to get to this base."

Oh oh oh! What are we riding!?

"What else would Shadow want to use other than motorcycles."

"Shadows in the same area as you?"

"Affirmative. We only have so many bases left. That is also why I'm certain we can get you back to your time. We are heading to our science wing and Shadow had taken charge over it after he lost his chaos powers from the lack of emeralds."

The tunnel begins to slow down as the light underwater completely fades. A loud noise goes off and lights turn on, revealing a line of hydro powered cycles and a long highway.

Gamma mounts one and looks back. "My sensors assume you will have a very enjoyable ride."