The Jest

Role-Play Mania v2.0

62312 posts in this topic

"Dream? Wha... I... I didn't dream..." lied Melody, blushing again.

"You did. I turned my machine on and set it to the lowest I could as a test. You were blushing a lot, then Shadow hit the abort button."

"You.... you used the machine?" asked Melody wringing her hands together. "Uh... er... did you.... know what was... was happening in my dream..."

"No, it's not that advanced yet. All I could do is look at your body's reactions to see if it needed shutting down. I can input scenarios though, but again can't see how they unfold."

"I see," said Melody sounding relieved. "So, uh... could I have another go... just to... make sure it works well..."

"Even just for a little while? I am tired, as I've started running again," pleaded Melody.

"So... how does this dial work? What would it do?" asked Melody

"It changes the intensity of a dream, but the dream type is defined by your mind. However, there's also a selection on here which overrides your mind and let's me dictate what dream you'd have. Nightmare, lucid dream, a dream where you think you've woken up and go about your day. That sort of thing."

"Wow, that's pretty neat! A nice selection of stuff!" said Melody. "And no doubt you'll add more too!"

"Yeah, I was just telling Shadow and Rouge about the scenarios, it adds another level of specificity to my machine. So you could have an intense nightmare on a boat, for example."

"Hmm, that does make sense. So how intense it is mean's how real it feels?" asked Melody. "Even at it's lowest, it didn't feel like a dream... but then, dreams often don't..."

"Intensity reflects that, but also what sort of content would be in the dream. A mild dream might be you running through a park, but the higher settings could be you in your old castle ruling as a queen. And yes, generally speaking it will feel real unless I go to the lucid setting, then you know it's a dream and can control it."

"Hmm, that does sound like fun," said Melody at the Queen suggestion. "But okay, that all makes sense. I presume that if you someone reliese you're in a dream, it becomes lucid by default?"

"Right. So... wanna try for a shared dream?" asked Melody

"Can't you just ask Shadow or Rouge to do it. All the need to do is get ready to hit the abort button," pleaded Melody.

"I'm not tired though. This can't send people to sleep. You can still have your dream."

"Ah, okay. You'll need to building in a sleep ray for the next version," joked Melody. "And I would like another dream while I nap, if that's okay."

"Thank's Hope! And I'm sure you'll find a way," said Melody, sitting back in the chair.

"No problem. I'll start it again when you're asleep," said Hope as she pondered what to adjust this time.

"Yeah, this is gonna be fun," grinned Melody. She curled up slightly, and drifted back off to sleep.