The Jest

Role-Play Mania v2.0

62312 posts in this topic

Miles shut his eyes, trying to grasp at the memory and any others before they faded again. "We... did a little bit of cooking together... I wasn't very good... He used to joke that Mother's cooking was more dangerous than her fighting skills... There's more but I can't quite...."

"I'm willing to risk the strain," said Miles. "But that the most that's come back since the very first flashback."

Miles nodded. "Thanks you for your help Zamy. They do seem to come back more when you're around."

Dylan grinned and began jumping up and down eagerly

"Aretheydoneyet? Aretheydoneyet?" He asked

"You're welcome. I guess it's just because our conversation sometimes leads to it."

Harmony started laughing at Dylan antics, but she was nearly in the same state herself. "I've never felt this excited over eating food before. You better not have turned me into a glutton Skye!" she warned.

Skye just smiled and began filling four plates.

---------------

"Yeah, it does seem to work that way," pondered Miles. "And it seems to work better when I don't try and think about it."

Miles tried to think. "Maybe, the way I'm trying to think about them is blocking it somehow? I really don't know, I'm not sure how mind wiping and recovery works."

Miles nodded. "So should we... try doing something and see if anything else comes back?"

"I'll... see if I can think of something that seems familiar," said Miles, though he didn't sound hopeful.

As soon as one plate was filled, Dylan made a grab for it

Miles nodded. "That would help more. You're ides do seem to trigger memories off."

-----------

"HEY What the... Dylan, stop being so greedy!" Harmony was being slightly hypocritical as she'd also been making a grab for the plate, but the invisible Dylan had got there first. She grabbed the second plate.

Harmony sat down and started eating. For a moment it looked as if she was going to wolf down the food, then she stopped and deliberately tried to taste everything. Skye sat down with his own plate, and pushed the final one towards Locke.

Dylan had quickly finished his plate

"DONE!" he cried out. "Do you like it, Auntie Harmony?"

Harmony nodded enthusiastically as she swallowed. "This tastes way better than I remember," she said grinning.

Dylan grinned

"So it's you new favourite food now?" he asked

"Maybe," said Harmony. "I think I've good a greater sense of taste now, so everything will taste stronger."

"Well did you and your family ever do any activities outside together? Even something like catch."