The Jest

Role-Play Mania v2.0

62312 posts in this topic

Dylan giggled

"You almost owed me another favour there!" He said finally releasing Miles from the hug

"Yes I did. But I'm not going to make it that easy for you to claim them any more," warned Miles with a grin.

-----------

"Anything to help a friend," said Melody, then she glanced at Shadow, wondering what he made of the fact they seemed to have switched to voices mid-conversation.

Hope smiled at Melody, as Shadow sat back in his chair, wondering how to pass the time now his mission was complete.

"I've groen used to your link with each other. And I can read body language fairly well."

Dylan smiled back but that quickly vanished

"Y-you were being easy on me?" He asked somewhat upset by the thought. "Does this mean all the time you called me kid, you did it on purpose?"

"Wha? No. You're a little paranoid with all this worry Dylan. I just meant now I'm going to try extra hard not to slip up," said Miles. While it was try a few slips had been deliberate, most hadn't been.

---------------

"Aww, you're no fun," teased Melody. She turned back to Hope. "What now?"

Dylan breathed a sigh of relief

"Okay, but you should've tried harder to begin with" he said grinning. He couldn't help but giggle a little afterwards

"Not on the job, no," replied Shadow.

Hope had a look through her book. "I could try divination next."

"But then you wouldn't have gotten me to agree to play with you," pointed out Miles.

--------------

"But we're not on the job now. So how about helping Hope with her next spell? Chose an object Hope, then Shadow can Chaos control to another part of the base and hide it," suggested Melody.

Dylan thought about it a moment. Not wanting to admit that being called a kid was any help to him he stubbornly said

"Yes I could!"

"I suppose I could do that," said Shadow as Hope handed him her pen.

"Thanks Shadow."

He chaos controlled to his room on the base, put the pen on his desk then returned to Hope, who then cast the spell and focused on the pen intensely.

"Oh, really?" asked Miles amused.

------------

Melody watched Hope, crossing her fingers she'd get it.

"Yeah! Really!" Dylan answered back. "And there would be nothing you could do about it so MWEH!"

He stuck his tongue out

Miles laughed. "You seem really certain that you can get me to play. But then, you did get me to climb this tree..." He looked down and gulped, but tried not to show his fear.

"Carrying me around ? I hope you are strong enough, Ziona. You don't want to drop me half-way, right ?"

-----------------------------

"I don't know...What would you like to do?"

"I carried Dylan okay. Though, he is a bit smaller than you... But we can stay low so if I get tired I can land quickly. And I will get better with practice," said Ziona happily.

---------------

"I guess Divination isn't as strong a skill for you as Summoning," said Melody. "That, or you had no real connection with that pen!"

---------------

"I don't know either," laughed Anna. "A fine pair we make!"

"That was different. I didn't want you to climb up because I don't want you to fall!" Dylan said. "But you came up anyway! How are you gonna get down?"

Miles glanced down again. "I'm.. er... open to ideas..."

Dylan giggled at first but then realised Miles was actually stuck and became worried

"Um... Ziona take you down?" He suggested

Hope laughed. "Could be the latter. Or just the fact that I'm not used to it."

"That could work Dylan. I'm not that much larger than you and she carried you fine," said Miles. He looked behind at his single tail and sighed. He tried to spin it, but it just wagged uselessly. If there hadn't been witnesses, Miles felt like he might be the one to start crying now.

-------------

"Considering you're not used to it you're doing really well," said Melody encouragingly. "Which one do ya wanna try next?"

Dylan smiled at Miles, pleased that his idea was a good idea. But then noticed Miles wasn't looking happy

"Are you upset because you lost your other tail and so cant fly now?" He asked curiously

Miles nodded. "You're very observant Dylan," he said, hoping the compliment might deflect Dylan away from the subject.