The Jest

Role-Play Mania v2.0

62312 posts in this topic

"He's smwart! He'll know how two mwake a gwreat twreehouwse!" said Skye. "I wondwer if he's mwade one befwore?"

'No I haven't Skye,' thought Miles. 'It DOES sound fun though...' In his head, Miles started planning out ideas.

------------

"Then you're all sorted," laughed Melody. She looked at the book with a thoughtful look. "I wonder what type of magic will come easiest to you. Or types of magic I guess."

"He's very smart but I don't think he's made a treehouse" Dylan said after some thought. "He probably forgot about being a kid before he got the chance"

"Yweah. It mwust be hworrible for hwim. Who'd want to fowrget bewing a kwid," said Skye.

"The tallest tree ? Some people ,I swear ......" Glen sighed, before turning off the radio. Time to find that tree.

------------------------------

Tikal simply laughed at the idea.

Dylan grinned

"Says a kid!" He said jokingly. "Maybe he had a bad experience as a kid"

"What's wrong with the tree? I can fly and Skye and Dylan can climb! Hello? Gleny?" said Ziona uselessly into the radio.

-------------------

"Can you teleport?" asked Anna. "You know... being... a ghost and stuff..."

-------------------

"Yweah... mwaybe he dwid..." said Skye slowly, as memories of his real childhood began to surface. No longer having the same mental barriers he'd built up, he started to tear up. He turned away from Dylan, not wanting him to see his tears.

"Skye? Is something wrong?" Dylan asked confused and somewhat upset by Skye turning away from him

"Nwothwing's wrong Dwylan," said Skye, wiping away his tears. He made a decision, and turned back to Dylan with a determined look on his face. "But I'm gwonna mwake the mwost of all if thwis. I'm nwot gwonna complaiwn about being a kwid anymowre. I'm gwonna enjoy it thwis twime."

"Anna , please ..... That's my little secret." Tikal chuckled.

--------------------------

"well, let's find that Darn three, then...."

"Y-You are?" Dylan said looking shocked. While it wasn't surprising, it pained what was left of him to see his friend totally accepting the situation

"Yeah, I am!" said Skye firmly. He slumped back down to a sitting position. "Dwylan, I... I... dwidn't have a chwildhwood. Nwot rweally. I dwidn't gwet to plway. To have fwun. To... ewven have fwriends. Bwut now I do. Ownly for a week, so I wanna mwake the mwost of it." He tried to smile reassuringly at Dylan. "I thwink I unwderstwand how Zwiona fweels!"

---------------

Ziona meanwhile twisted on her branch as she heard something.

"Hey! Gleny! Over here!" she called and waved, still upside down, as she saw Glen approach.

---------------

"Yep. So all you need to do is practice. Just try casting those spells, and seeing how each one appears with the magic detect spell." Melody gave a sudden grin. "And I know where to start. We want to get you a pointy hat, right? So how about trying to Summon one?"

---------------

"Then my lips are sealed," said Anna, who then gave a laugh. "Though given everyone in Haven already knows that secret..." she gave Tikal a wink.

Skye's reassurance only made it feel worse for Dylan. Both of his friends wanted to keep the way their new look, at least for a while and he wanted to change back as soon as possible

"I-I... I understand"he said letting a tear out, clearly really upset with the news. He then turned himself invisible and began crying

"Good thinking." Hope read the summoning spell and focused on the image of a witch's hat, which began to materialise on her head. "Hey, it worked! And summoning is purple."

Although he couldn't see Dylan, he could here him sobbing.

"Dwylan... I dwidn't mwean.... it's onwly for a week, and I'm swure ywou'll bwe bwack to nwormal once you're awll gwrown up agwain."

Miles could hear the sound of crying from above. "Is everything okay up there?" he called.

------------

Melody looked amazed. "Wow, you managed to get it appear straight on your head and everything. That's really good. Is it the right size?" she asked.

"But what if I'm not. And what if I start wanting to stay like this too? Then what?" Dylan said still crying. He heard Miles but didn't answer

"Thwere's nwothwing wrong with wanting thwis Dwylan. Bwut I'm swure ywou won't gwet stwuck. The pwool.... I dwon't thwink the magwic work's thwat way." He glanced down.

"Mwiles, I thwink Dwylan mwight need you," he called down. Miles gulped, looking at the tree, the slowly started to try and climb it. "I'm on my way," he grunted as he climbed.

"That is really amazing for a first time then," said Melody, still sounding impressed.

"But there is! If I want this then I'm giving up!" He said sounding very upset. "I usually hate transformations so I shouldn't like this!"

He then looked down to see Miles climbing up

"No! Don't climb up! You'll fall, Uncle Miles!" He called down worried

"Jwust becawse you dwon't lwike the mwethod, doesn't mwean ywou can't lwike the rwesults," said Skye. "And it's not gwivwing up, nwot at awll."

"I'll... I'll be fine Dylan," called up Miles, concentrating on not falling.

"Yes it is!" Dylan said stubbornly to Skye

"You will fall! Stop!" He then called down

"No it's nwot," repeated Skye crossing his arms. "What's WRONG with wantwing to bwe a kwid?"

"I might not have the climbing talent you or Skye have but... whoa!" Miles gave a little cry as the branch he was pulling on snapped, but he kept his grip and didn't fall.