The Jest

Role-Play Mania v2.0

62312 posts in this topic

"Turning invisible doesn't make me faster" Dylan said and then burst out laughing at Ziona's pun

"Hanging upside down feels different for me but it's still feels fun to do. I dont think I'll be doing as much hanging around as you though"

"Yeah, we're finding lots of new things to do that are fun," said Ziona. "Hey! We can all get up really high. We should make an awesome treehouse!"

--------------

"I'm finding this easier than I thought," said Melody.

"Yeah! And we can make it a secret club that the grown-ups aren't allowed to join" Dylan said excited by the idea

"Good, shall we move on to atomic theory?" joked Hope as Shadow appeared on the floor as if jumping on a grenade. He stood up and put the orb on Hope's desk.

"Excuse the drama, I had a doubt in the back of my mind as to the wiseness of exposing this to chaos energy."

"Yeah, that'd be really great. A place for us all to go," then she grinned slyly. "That means Uncle Miles won't be able to join you though."

-------------

Melody laughed. "I think thats..." then she jumped a little as Shadow appeared.

"Hi Shadow," she said cheerfully, then looked at the orb curiously. "What's that thing?"

Dylan looked a little sad at that. He liked Miles

"He might not want to join anyway" he then said. "Because we won't do boring grown-up things"

"Hello Melody. And I've no idea, I was hoping Hope would be able to find out."

Hope studied the orb for a moment. "I don't recognise it from anywhere, but look at the stuff inside swirl around like smoke. That's not natural."

"Which is funny. He's only a few years above us and he tried to act way, way older. He should try to act more kiddy." Ziona then giggled. "Maybe we should push him into the pool too!"

-------------

"So, magic then?" asked Melody. "I could have a look at it. I would suggest Skye but he is rather kiddified right now. And I don't think it would be good to tempt Miles with something like this."

"Yeah. Skye accidently enchanted a swimming pool. And then He, Dylan and Ziona fell in and came out different species and about 7 or 8 years old," said Melody as she poked the spear, then started to cast a small spell to detect any magic, and what kind of magic was present.

"That sounds like a horrible situation for the Zone Cops.," remarked Shadow.

"Knowing Ziona, I think she'll have fun. But yeah, it is a strain for Zamy. I feel really sorry for her, but she's still pushing on," said Melody as she cast the spell.

(ooc: you'll need to let me know what, if anything, the spell tells melody Shadow.)

Dylan shook his head

"He can't be Uncle Miles if we're the same age" Dylan said. "But he should act younger. Then he could be more fun and join the club"

"That woman's gunning for a medal if her superiors are any good. She deserves a break." (OOC Oops, pm'd it to you now, sorry for the delay).

"How can we get him to loosen up then?" wondered Ziona. "Is there something he likes doing?"

Miles meanwhile was sitting at the base of the tree. He didn't want to say anything, but he could hear everything the kids were saying.

------------------

"A medal? She needs a lot more than that. Really, once Skye and the rest are back to normal I really think we should do something special for her." Melody paused and gulped.

"I... I can't tell what's in here, but it's powerful. Very powerful. And it... it might be more than just energy. Maybe alive."

"No arguments here. I wasn't saying her effprts should be written off." Shadow paused when he heard Melody's analysis. "Strong magic, potentially alive? Now I see why whoever made that temple left it unmarked, but why were there no traps?" he pondered aloud.

"Do you really except centuries old traps to still work? You watch too many movies," said Melody as he put the orb back down on the desk. "I could possibly do more, but it may be risky from this point."

"No, trust me. Rouge has dodged enough traps in her time. People knew what they were doing when they built these things. I'd suggest you don't do anymore at the moment. No point endangering yourself."

"I guess trap makers were more skilled in this zone then," laughed Melody, giving the orb a last poke.

"Okay Shadow. If you're sure. Though there are a shortage of friendly magic users. And one is out of action... Maybe... You might be able to get hi to concentrate. If you promised him a new toy or something."

"I dunno. I could ask him and then we can then surprise him!" Dylan said enthusiastically

"Yeah. As long as it's something that isn't grown-up!" said Ziona. "I won't be fun if he likes something boring."

Miles blinked, and started trying to thinking of something that would fall into that category, not wanting to disappoint Dylan.

-------------

"You're probably right," said Melody. "And there was nothing at all else in that temple?"

"Yeah!" Dylan said pulling a face. "But even boring grownups must like something fun! And Uncle Miles isn't THAT boring"

Miles felt a little upset. 'That boring? So he finds me mostly boring?'

"He used to be a bad guy trying to take over the world! That really isn't boring!" laughed Ziona.

Hearing that made Miles feel a stab of guilt, which he really wasn't expecting. 'I can't blame Skye for that this time' he thought to himself.

--------------

"That... sounds really odd..." pondered Melody. "Especially how this orb appears."