The Jest

Role-Play Mania v2.0

62312 posts in this topic

Dylan saw them sitting in on the high branch of a tree and smiled. He then turned around and started climbing back down, face down. When he was near the bottom he made himself visible again

"They're on a high branch several trees ahead" he said grinning at Miles, pleased that he had been the one to find them

"Great. Well done kid. Let's go," said Miles. He paused, then offered Dylan a Hi Five, feeling a little childish for doing so.

---------------

"Wow, this is actually pretty impressive," said Melody looking around. "I bet Skye had a whale of a time here!"

Dylan got down from the tree. Then crossed his arms

"I'm not Hi Fiving you because you called me a kid again" he said

Miles dropped his hand, feeling even more embarrassed. "Sorry Dylan," he muttered.

Dylan looked at Miles then grinned and held up his hand

"Okay, I'll do it because you said sorry"

"Okay then," said Miles, forcing a smile and holding up his hand again.

Dylan gave Miles a hi five and then began heading in the direction Skye and Ziona were

"Thanks. And he did seem to." Hope decided not to mention the incident with the spy.

Miles followed Dylan. It didn't take them long to reach the other two.

------------

"Oh! And remember our deal. I showed you how to use magic. Your turn to show me how to do tech stuff in a lab!" said Melody

Dylan turned to Miles

"Shall I climb up and tell them we're here, Uncle Miles?" he asked eagerly

"Yes. You do that. I'll wait down here," said Miles.

Skye gave a yawn and curled up on the tree branch. Giggling, Ziona was struck by a sudden impulse. She hooked her feet round the branch then swung, hanging upside down. It felt perfectly natural to her, and from her new position, she could see Miles and Dylan.

"Hey you two!" she called down.

Dylan was about to start climbing when he heard Ziona call. He looked up at her and gave a wave.

"Hi Ziona!" he called then began quickly climbing up the tree

Ziona waved back, feeling very comfortable where she was. Skye began making funny little noises as he drifted off asleep.

"Hey, you can climb too!" said Ziona as Dylan approached.

"Yeah! Isn't it cool?" Dylan said happily. "You're hanging upside down!"

Hope laughed. "Ok, hold your horses. Let's start with something simple, the inner workings of a device." Hope pulled a small black box out of a drawer and set in on the table then unscrewed the back. "This is a advanced communications bug. Basically takes in copies of all wirelessly sent information. This little bit here is the hard drive, that's where the battery goes, and if we take out the hard drive we can get a better look at the circuitry inside."

(usual rambling about missing out things.)

-----------------------------------

tikal was cofused, to say the least.

"Yesh, I am..." Ziona sounded surprised as if she hadn't quite realised what she was doing.

------------

"Okay, following you so far," said Melody, as she picked up a small screwdriver and started poking at it curiously as if it was a living bug.

-------------

"I though, y'know, breaking up with someone you loved would be upsetting," said Anna to Tikal. "But if you're fine with it." Anna stood up and shrugged

"And here are the circuits. It' s really quite simple. Especially compared to larger devices."

"So... stuff goes in there, through the board, and out there," asked Melody, poking with her screwdriver for emphasis.

Glen suddenly got up . Something was happening . Something bad. "I swear , if it's another one of these stories .... I'm taking zionna away from here ."

-----------------------------------------------------

"I'm upset , anna. But I stay strong ."

Dylan moved along the branch so that he was upside down too. He didnt seem afraid. In fact he kind of enjoyed it

"No we're BOTH upside down" he said grinning

"Actually, I kinda feel like I'm the right way up," said Ziona. "I think you can climb better than Skye can now!"

---------

"Then you're doing better than Melody," said Anna.

"But I can't jump between trees like he can. And I think he's faster than me too" Dylan said still grinning. "You feel like your the right way up? Does that mean you feel upside down when you are the right way up?"

"Yeah, but you can turn invisible. Maybe you two should have a proper race. I think I'm a lot slower on my feet now," said Ziona, then she paused and thought about Dylan's question.

"No... more they BOTH seem the right way up, if that makes sense. This does seem more comfy for..." she burst into giggles, "hanging around."

"Yes, you've got it Melpdy," said Hope.

----

After studying the orb, Shadow decided to bite the bullet and carefully pick it up, luckily not resulting in a reaction.