The Jest

Role-Play Mania v2.0

62312 posts in this topic

Tikal eventually found Melody thanks to Dylan's help."Melody?"

--------------------------------------

Locke stopped ."I'm not sure of that..."

"I am," said Skye. He hugged Locke. "You're the best Dad I could have."

---------------

"I'd hope so. Otherwise your force has a rather warped sense of priority," laughed Harmony.

"Here you go," said Ziona handing Harmony the forms. "We'll stay in case you have any questions."

"I've one to start with. Got a pen?"

-------------------

Melody gave a little start and swallowed when she here Tikal call her name. She took a quick glance around to make sure Skye wasn't anywhere near.

"Tikal.. I...I.... There's something I need to say... But first... I'm sorry... for how I acted. Not just at lunch, but all the times when you and Skye were together..."

"Thanks," said Harmony as she took the offered pen and started filling out the forms. "And you've had to do this for each of us?" she asked.

Harmony suppressed a laugh. "But I'm guessing this sorta thing doesn't happen often."

"No it doesn't, it's the first time I've have to deal with a situation like this."

"I'm surprised to hear that. On this scale I'd understand, but I thought there'd be a few more cases of... refugees? Is that the right word?" Harmony rested her chin on her hand thoughtfully as she spoke, then almost instantly snatched it away. "Gah. My new muzzle feels weird."

"I'll leave you two alone then, shall I?"

Melody looked between Dylan and Tikal.

"That's... up to you... You already know but... I think I'd be more comfortable alone," said Melody.

"Oh. Yeah, I should have thought of that," said Harmony. "And how long do these stationed assignments usually last?"

"Then alone it is" Dylan said before heading back inside

Melody gave a slight wave to Dylan as he headed off, waiting for Tikal to speak.

------------

"I get the feeling this one might be longer," said Harmony. "Who was the 6 month one for?"

"thank you , skye... I know I'm hard with you,.But I hope you'll forgive me."

-------------------------------------------

Tikal warmly smiled at Melody."it's alright , melody. I don't blame you for anything."

"Of course I do Dad. I'm sorry. I was just... just a little overwhelmed back there. I'm sorry I snapped at you," said Skye. "And I know that you need to be firm with me. I'd be out of control otherwise."

---------------

"Th-thank you Tikal," said Melody, feeling awkward at the smile. "But there's... there's something else. But you can't tell Skye this. Ever! I.... I think....." Melody looked down at her immobile feet. "You and Skye share this voodoo magic lovey Soul touch thing, right? And it first happened way back when Skye tried to steal the Master Emerald. I think... I think that went I get taken out of Skye's head.... a little bit of it got imprinted onto me..."

"Are you saying that you love me as well ?" asked Tikal.

------------------------------------

"Just doing what I can , skye... That's all."

"No Dad, you're doing more than that," said Skye, smiling. "But... do you want me to move my lab somewhere safer?"

------------

"I... Yes... No... I... don't really know..." stammered Melody. "I think it's just a... a crush... but it does feel stronger than that... I don't normally... find girls attractive, so I'm not sure."

"It's alright ." Tikal smiled again."Take your time, dear."

----------------------------------

"No, I don't need you to move it away , just need you to avoid doing anything that could lead you in harm's way."

"Uhhhhh...." Skye shuffled his feet awkwardly. "The thing is, when experimenting with magic, there is always an element of risk. I've tones of safeguards in place, but..."

-----------

Melody took a deep breath and was silent for a minute. Her head was hanging low. Tikal calling her dear made her feel confused.

"I... I do... love you Tikal. But this... this is me trying to warn you. I shouldn't act on this." Tears were starting to fall again.

"Just...don't do anything stupid."

----------------------------------------

Tikal took Melody in a warm embrace."It's alright."

"Don't worry Dad. I won't. It's all low key magic stuff now," said Skye.

---------

Melody was shocked at being embraced by Tikal. She was torn between pushing away and embracing her as well. Slowly, the latter began to win out, and she put her own arms around Tikal.

"I... You... This..."

"Hum hum.." nodded the old echidna.

---------------------------

Tikal said nothing, gently patting melody's back.

"No more Siphon Stations. I promise!" said Skye with a grin.

-------------

"It's not fair," said Melody haltingly. "I want this, yet it feels so weird and strange. But I can't. I can't do that to Skye. And anyway, it's not like you feel the same way."