The Jest

Role-Play Mania v2.0

62312 posts in this topic

"What? N-no. I'm not into girls. Or water monsters!" said Melody.

-------------

"We can do both," said Ziona, then her smile faded when she heard Zamy. "Something's wrong," said Ziona, and activated her teleport taking her and Glen straight to Zamy's position. "Are you alright Zamy? You didn't sound good."

"Another dose of fake memories, triggered when I had the audacity to claim I was doing a good job. So make sure you don't compliment me," she said with a weak smile.

"Okay, I'll make a mental note you don't take compliments well," joked Ziona, trying to lighten the mood. "But are you sure you're still up to the job with these fake memories? It was fine when Miles was...

----------------

"I've already done that Miles. I can't do it again," said Anna, grabbing Miles by the arm and dragging him to the door. "Go now. I don't want to get Dad to drag you away."

Miles planted his feet on the ground and grasped Anna's shoulders. "Just... give me a moment to explain please..." He begged.

"I don't... You..."

"You're scared of me!" Miles suddenly realised.

"Isn't there a way to just take away the fake mmemory ... I don't know .... Unwriting what has been modified . Surely the kid could help you out ."

-----------------------------------------------------

"Why are you blushing so hard then ~?"

"I don't.... It's just the surprise and shock," said Melody.

-------------

"Glen does have a point. He might be able to help. Though I suspect if it was quite that easy he'd already have offered," said Ziona

"I don't think it's that simple to fix. And I have to stick with it, I'm the only authority he seems to trust."

"Are you sure he still trusts you?" asked Ziona.

-------------

"I thought you were changing," said Anna, sobbing. "Now... now you've gotten rid of everything that was making those changes happen."

"No. You're wrong," contested Miles, trying not to cry himself. "Everything I said back then, I'm still holding to all of it. And... and if I had gone back to who I was, this would not be happened. I'd have strolled in here, acting like Skye, and you wouldn't have suspected a thing. Or I would have incapacitated you with a spell by now."

Anna stopped trying to push Miles out the door.

"He was quite busy these days, zionna. I doubt it would have crossed his mind."

----------------------

Tikal simply giggled.

"It's not funny," muttered Melody. "I... think I've had enough to eat. I'm going to my room."

-------------

"I know what's causing this," said Miles. "You're projecting. Your worried you going to slip back, so when you see me acting like my old self, you've assumed the worse."

"I... yes.... but seeing you like this... I... feel guilty.... I don't know why..." said Anna. "I don't like it.."

Miles was silent for a moment while he thought. "I... think I know why..." said Miles.

------------

"I could be that. But Zamy is probably right," said Ziona.

Tikal gently took Melody's shoulder ." But you have barely eaten anything . Please, I'm sure your parent would enjoy having you here ."

-------------------------------------

"These kind of memories are nothing but troubles . The sooner it's taken care of, the sooner I'll get you both in my arms next to a swiming pool."

Zamy laughed. "Ever persistent aren't you Glen? I might go swimming with you two, but don't expect to be getting that close to me.""

"I really wouldn't mind two girl snuggling against me on the water, though...."

Melody was starting to feel even more uncomfortable with Tikal's hand on her shoulder. "I'm really not hungry. And they're be other chances.. er... after all, Anna's not here." She started turning her wheelchair around.

-----------

Ziona cradled he face in her hand. "I can't take you anywhere Glen," she sighed theatrically.

"Melody, please." Tikal sounded worried.

----------------------

"What ? I'm a man who is not affraid of telling the truth , that's all..."

"I just need a bit of time alone," said Melody, a slight frantic edge creeping into her voice.

"And you always complained I'm the one who goes off to brood," joked Skye, followed by and exclamation of pain as Harmony slapped him on the back of the head.

"And you don't like it when she makes fun of you, right?" pointed out Harmony.

--------------

"And that truth is you want to get personal; with every single female you see."

Ziona giggled. "Though you still haven't answered my question Zamy. Does he really still trust you. And... can you trust him?"

"He does trust me. He was even scared he wouldn't afterwards. And yes, I trust him back."

"He was scared he wouldn't? Maybe there is still a chance for him. I just hope you're right," said Ziona.

----------

"You know?" Anna asked Miles.

"I think I do. Because you're... not the same person you were. You know that you used to be my only real friend, but now Mina's gone." Anna gave a little gasped when Miles admitted that.

"Then I... started to change. This meant we were both new people. So loosing Mina... didn't hurt as much. Now I've gone back... I think you feel as if you've killed the only friend I had."

"I know this might sound a bit twisted but... maybe we should... test him?" suggested Ziona.

"How would you plan to do that? I wouldn't want to hurt him and make things worse."

"True, if he found out it would do more harm than good," admitted Ziona.

"I hadn't really planned anything. Just, make it look like he has an opportunity to... backstab someone..." said Ziona slowly.