The Jest

Role-Play Mania v2.0

62312 posts in this topic

Yah I'm fine now but I don't no why but when I move closer I get hotter and hotter.

"Uh, yeah. Of course Skye," said Miles, coming out of his reverie looking a bit disconcerted. He backed away from the Master Emerald to a safe distance.

Skye, unaware of Spark's problem, started the ritual. "This... is gonna feel weird Melody," Skye warmed.

Dylan went closer to Spark

"Maybe you should go back to Haven then. I don't want to send you away but if there's a problem then it's better to be safe"

(ooc: Can we give both melody different names? I am confused lol)

(ooc: It might happen sometime soon. Younger Melody was planning it wasn't she?)

(ooc: Berry stopped her, I just want to distinguish, lol)

(ooc: It's still gonna happen sometime. Mels is the only thing I can think of right now but it gives me some Doctor Who vibes)

(ooc: Don't worry, I was planning on given a new name to one of them after the ritual was done. I was thinking Harmony myself? What do you think?

In the meantime, I'll revert to 'older Melody' (the one with cybernetics who's gonna get a new body) and 'younger Melody' (the one in the wheelchair))

The lines that had been drawn on the ground started glowing brightly, as did the sigils on the ground. The older Melody suddenly buckled, as if something was pinning her tightly to the ground.

(ooc: OMG! I thought of Harmony while I was getting lunch! That sounds fine to me)

"Good point. I can also use Melody to invite them all over. Doing it myself would be far too strenuous," joked Zamy with a mock upper class accent.

The lights around the shrine intensified, obscuring the ritual from view.

-------------

Ziona burst out laughing. "I think your upmarket place is going to your head," she joked.

"I should've brought sunglasses" Dylan thought to himself trying to block out the light with his arm

The lights faded and Skye was slumped on the top of the Master emerald, looking exhausted. The older Melody's body lay there motionless, but still breathing, and the top had been seared off the casket.

-----------

"I give it less than a week before you can't stand portraying the image anymore," said Ziona.

Dylan started moving forward

"Is it done? Did it work?" he called

"I.. think it worked," said Skye. He tried to stand up but slid off the top of the Emerald. "The things one does for family," he muttered to himself, picking himself up p[ainful.

From the casket a hand grasped the edge, then withdrew sharply with an 'OW!' as it cut itself on the sharp edge.

"That hurt," came a voice, similar to Melody's and yet different. "That.... it actually hurt! I can feel again!!!"

Skye walked over to the cakset. "Are you good Mel.... oh %£$%!" Skye jumped back as the figure inside the casket sat up, a yellow-furred, purple-haired female two-tailed fox.

"Oops!" muttered Skye.

Dylan continued moving forward but then stepped back again when Melody emerged

"Skye? What did you do?"

Zamy tilted her head up to look down her nose then immediately gave up with a grin. "I couldn't keep my neck like that for 5 minutes let alone a week," she joked.

"I-I didn't d-do anything!" muttered Skye in response to Dylan.

"What are you lot so shocked about?" asked the Fox Melody. "It's not like I've got two heads."

"Not... two heads, no..." muttered Skye. The Fox Melody stood up and leapt acrobatically clear of the casket, only to crash on the landing.

"Ow! That wasn't right. My balance is all off, like I've got too much weight at.. the... back..." Fox Melody looked behind her, her mouth dropping open when she saw two large bushy tails instead of her normal single shorter one.

Miles came hurrying up the steps next to Skye. "Did you actually specify a species?" he asked.

"Uh, no. I thought she'd... just be a mongoose!" muttered Skye.

"I... wasn't expecting that," said the younger Melody from her wheelchair, her face a mixture of shock and delight.

-----------------

"Maybe we can get you a brace to hold your head at that angle," laughed Ziona, then she checked her wrist computer. "I think we're missing a party. All the kids seem to be gathering around the Master Emerald. I hope this isn't a sign of them returning to their wicked ways!" she joked.

(ooc: Harmony came to my mind once too, talk about telepathy xD)

(ooc: It's just a psychic kind of day)

Dylan came over

"She's part fox isn't she? Maybe that's why this has happened"

Dylan then offered his hand out to Melody to help her up

(ooc: Given the non-musical meaning of Harmony it is kinda fitting that we all thought of it!)

"I... I guess," said Skye. "I mean, there is something like a 1 in 20 chance she'd be born a fox. I guess this time that's the way the odds fell."

Fox Melody turned back round. "Thank's Dylan," she said, standing up but wobbling a bit. She held onto Dylan's hand longer than was probably comfortable, just enjoying having her sense of touch again. Then she looked at her brother.

"Skye..." she began in a dangerous tone, causing Skye to gulp.

Dylan was going to say something about her holding on to his hand for a long time but when she began her dangerous tone, he quickly stopped himself

Skye based himself, while Miles hit behind him. But Skye wasn't expecting his sister to suddenly leap forward and hug him tightly.

"I don't care," said the Fox Melody. "I'm alive again. I can feel. That makes everything good."

"Uh, that's... good to know..." said Skye. "Um... you can let go now Melody...."