The Jest

Role-Play Mania v2.0

62312 posts in this topic

"Promise," replied Hope with an honest smile.

"Now let's go see those fireworks."

"Sorry Tikal," Skye replied as they reached the open castle doors. "I just got a little excited."

---------------------

"Sounds like a good plan," replied Melody as the entered the hall. "The best place would be the main balcony... Hey! Skye, there you are!" exclaimed Melody as she ran to hug her brother.

"What are you wearing?" she asked, a little surprised by his attire.

--------------

"We had a disco ready for after the party," explained Zave, "but if it's raining we'll just start it now."

"Don't worry Glen, you won't need to dance if you don't want to."

"It's alright" Said Tikal."Ah Melody,There you are. How are you feeling about today?"

---------------------

"A disco ? We'll see." Said Glen."Maybe I'll dance , or maybe not.... we adult tend to be very shy when it comes to dancing ."

"Absolutely great, thanks Tikal. I guess you and Skye are doing pretty good yourself. C'mon, you're just in time for the fireworks," Melody said breathlessly.

"Hi Hope," said Skye as he spotted her, with a little surprise in his voice, "Good to see you were able to come too."

------------------

"Yeah, adults are just shy and boring and don't get to have proper fun," Ziona replied with a strange looking smile.

"We are very good indeed, thank you." Said Tikal.

-------------

"huh..... what's with the smile , Cuty?" Asked Glen.

"Great. Sorry you missed the start of the celebrations, but the best is still to come, don;t worry."

----------------------

"I was just rememb.... imagining what it was like to be grown-up."

"I'm pretty sure you must have something awesome in store indeed." Said Tikal.

--------------

"Well , it's a very special thing." Said Glen."You are more free , but At the same time, you still have numerous responsabilities..." He kept on."There is just one thing I'd like to tell you : No matter what ...." Glen had some difficulties to find his words."Make sure... that you'll never regret anything in your life.If you think that something has to be done , do it. even if it wasn't a good idea , you'll never get haunted by it for the rest of your life, and eventually, you might be able to move on."

"Hi Skye. It was only by chance Melody bumped into me, and I'm glad she did."

-----------------------------------

As Maria unlocked the door and walked through, Shadow felt a pair of arms wrap around his waist just as he was about to follow.

"Well if it isn't the ultimate lifeform."

Shadow spun around to see Lien Da standing there, smiling at him.

"You look surprised to see me. I've lived opposite you for years."

Shadow gave off a laugh. If Lien Da was his friendly neighbour, clearly this dream world was even more idealistic than he previously thought. What next, Eggman is Father Christmas?

"Sorry, I'm not quite with it today," he replied.

"Ok then. Just remember you can give me a call anytime if Rouge doesn't quite cut it."

With that Lien Da walked back to her home across the street, and Shadow entered his own, wondering what oddity he'll witness next. He began to grab some stuff for the trip as he heard Rouge coming down the stairs.

(Ooc: Lien-da. Really ? But they'd probably make a cute couple .)

(OOC It's just to point out how totally unrealistic this dream world is. She was the first villain that popped into my head).

(Ooc: But it's also true that she never shown any form of hatred toward shadow in the main canon, so....)

"Oh yes, plenty of awesome stuff. Have you ever seen a firework's display before? Either way, you're in for a treat!" enthused Melody

Skye gave a little chuckle at Hope's reply. "You'll get used to it. Almost everything in Melody's and my life is 'by chance'."

---------------------

"I.. uh.... I think I understand that Glen." Ziona replied, looking a little troubled.

(ooc: Have they even met outside the X years later stories?)

"I'm sure I will. I can't for the fireworks to start," said an excited Hope.

{OOC Now you mention it I don't think so, but I'd say it's safe to assume they at least know of each other).

(Ooc: I think they must had... probably.)

"Wonderful !I can't wait then." Said Tikal.

-------------

"Don't worry . You'll have more than enough time to think about when the time will come .For now, enjoy the day."

After looking around the room, Dylan finally decided to watch some TV. He turned it on and started looking through the channels. Looking for something that wasn't news or sport since he could just watch that through the computer

"Up onto the balcony then, c'mon" called down Melody. Skye followed his sister, coming to a sudden halt when he saw Mina.

"Mother?"

"I know it's been a while Skye, but like I told your sister, you don't need to be formal." She knelt down and hugged Skye. "Its good to see you son."

"I missed you to Mom," replied Skye, tearing up slightly.

"No tears Skye," said Mina smiling, "it's a happy day. And this must be Tikal, I'm very pleased to meet you."

--------------------

"Oh I will Glen, I will," replied Ziona as she and Zave began running for the nearby hall, squealing slightly as the rain began in earnest.

(ooc: Feel free to start the firework show at anytime!)

"The pleasure is shared ." Said Tikal.

------------

"Maybe we should follow their exemple and go inside , don't you think ?" Said Glen,

"Skye is very lucky to have found someone like you," Mina replied.

"Shh, it's gonna start soon," interrupted Melody. "3... 2... 1..."

The fireworks erupted in a display that, technically, should have been impossible by the laws of physics.

-------------------

"A good idea, but give me a second." Ziona father pulled out something from his pocket, fiddled with a few controls, then an invisible force field appeared above the two of them, deflecting the rain. He place the device back in his pocket.

"Somewhat easier to carry than an umbrella."

"To think your sister just bend the law of physics , just to make everyone happy...." Said Tikal."Why, Thank miss mina."

----------

"Two things." Said Glen."You really like that bench , and second : That's pretty darn useful indeed. I should try to get one."

Dylan got to a channel which showed the fireworks display at the castle. "Wow," he said. "I didn't think it was possible to make a display like that." Then the TV started talking...

"I don't think it was her," replied Skye, "her magic isn't quite that... controlled."

"Actually, that was me," whispered Mina to Tikal, "I put a few little enchantments on them. Melody deserves something special for this day."

Melody were watching the show with awe, pointing out to the others whenever she saw a particularly impressive firework.

-----------------

"I might have a spare one back at the house, but your right about this bench. It's where I first met Ziona's mother after all."

"This is so nice of you." Whispered back Tikal."I can see that she is enjoying it to the fullest."

--------------

"I see." Said Glen."She must be happy to have someone like you."

"She always did like bright lights and explosives," muttered Skye.

"She's my daughter, of course I'd do what I can for her," replied Mina.

--------------------

"I hope so Glen. Unfortunately she's on a off-zone mission right now. Probably won't be back for a few weeks. But, if my plan works, I should be able to take Ziona and Zave to visit her."

"I can see that" Said tikal.

---------------

"I'm sure your daughter will be happy to learn that ." Said Glen.