Enerjak Echidna

Thoughts on Sonic 06?

Thoughts on Sonic 06?   8 votes

1. 1. Whats your thoughts on Sonic 2006?

• It was perfect!
    • It was Very good!
    • It was meh....
    • It was horrible!
    • Leave it buried!

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 posts in this topic

I've actually bought the game a few ears ago in a bargain bin, and I can tell you with absolute certainty that I was paying way too much when I bought it. You see, I hadn't really stuck with the new games all that much and that last new game I played was Sonic Heroes, so when I saw a copy of Sonic 06' in the bargain bin I got curious and decided to play with it since I haven't heard much of it outside a few comments about how long the time to load was and how buggy it played.

So, I brought it over to one of my friend's place to play it with him, figured it would be a decent change from our usual stuff, and I feel so bad putting him through that experience. The loading screens were the bane of my existence, every few minutes the game would load, have a quick character conversation, load again, then the mission could start. I didn't know that the game didn't automatically save on it's own like most of the other new sonic games of the past, until I ended wiping out at the first Act in Sonic's campaign mode and had to start the game all over again from the intro cutscene. Needless to say, I ended breaking my friend's extra controller and I had to get him a new one. I played all the way up to finishing Silver, but never managed to finish Sonic's campaign mode and to be honest I didn't wanna bother with it as I brought it back to the store for a refund.

In the end, I say the game is absolute garbage and the developers should have spent more time developing this rushed out train wreck.

1 person likes this

I've actually bought the game a few ears ago in a bargain bin, and I can tell you with absolute certainty that I was paying way too much when I bought it. You see, I hadn't really stuck with the new games all that much and that last new game I played was Sonic Heroes, so when I saw a copy of Sonic 06' in the bargain bin I got curious and decided to play with it since I haven't heard much of it outside a few comments about how long the time to load was and how buggy it played.

So, I brought it over to one of my friend's place to play it with him, figured it would be a decent change from our usual stuff, and I feel so bad putting him through that experience. The loading screens were the bane of my existence, every few minutes the game would load, have a quick character conversation, load again, then the mission could start. I didn't know that the game didn't automatically save on it's own like most of the other new sonic games of the past, until I ended wiping out at the first Act in Sonic's campaign mode and had to start the game all over again from the intro cutscene. Needless to say, I ended breaking my friend's extra controller and I had to get him a new one. I played all the way up to finishing Silver, but never managed to finish Sonic's campaign mode and to be honest I didn't wanna bother with it as I brought it back to the store for a refund.

In the end, I say the game is absolute garbage and the developers should have spent more time developing this rushed out train wreck.

I think my copy of it was even more broken. Every time I would run as Sonic in town every third second, it would lag and I had no idea where I'd end up to. Biggest reason I couldn't catch all of the towns kids in the game of tag was because of this. I also spent the longest 5 minutes of my life being stuck in a wall on a snowboard. I laughed myself to death though.. So it wasn't all bad. and Knuckles was in the game so I was hopeful. The boss fights were a pain in my neck, and because the game lagged, at first I couldn't even win against the FIRST boss, without stopping the game and loading my previous saved file again, and then the boss took damage TOO EASILY: and now I'm stuck in like.. Third boss..? a fish kinda thing in a lava pit.

I read that the XBOX 360 was the buggiest of the versions, not sure if that's the copy you have since the one I had was for the PS3. Honestly, if it wasn't for the fact that they hyped the game so much and rushed it out to the public then the game might've had a chance to be something very special. At least the best thing to come out of this game was the music, it was well composed and was a saving grace. Too bad that it was for this monstrosity of a game.

1 person likes this

The thing was total crap! I haven't even touch Boom yet...but till then it's crap! It's not my most hated game of the series that honor belongs to Sonic Labyrinth! But still angered me with dose Damn glitches! I played it on da 360 version...never have I got so aggravated and this is before I met my sister in law who is very irritating! Will I ever touch it again? Sure when they commit me into the asylum and torture me with it!

Don't jinx it, I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy.

I read that the XBOX 360 was the buggiest of the versions, not sure if that's the copy you have since the one I had was for the PS3. Honestly, if it wasn't for the fact that they hyped the game so much and rushed it out to the public then the game might've had a chance to be something very special. At least the best thing to come out of this game was the music, it was well composed and was a saving grace. Too bad that it was for this monstrosity of a game.

That's the weird part. I play it on PS3...  

Huh, maybe the bugs happen at random? I rarely tried to look for them, honestly I just wanted to see how far I could get until I lost all my patience. And trust me, it wasn't that long.

Everyone hates on 06 but I always have to say the music was amazing! The zebrahead version of Sonic's theme is easily one of my top.

1 person likes this

Oh believe me, the music is the one thing i'll stand behind. But what kills me is that the game had potential but was executed sloppily and was rushed out too soon.

It definitely had potential. I feel like the project was a bit too overambitious and it suffered as a result. Well, that and reduced deadlines. 

The soundtrack was certainly good, but unfortunately it can't save the game from being a piece of crap.

I only watch Let's Plays so I can't say much, but I believe it's a very sloppy project not worth defending. Sega did learn a lot of lessons from it, and so we got things like Unleashed, Generation, and Color. I was very glad of that.

06' was just one bad game of the bunch. I would just laugh it off as an internet meme and play something else, like the three games mentioned and almost everything handheld or 2D.