Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SoniX

3D Sonic games

5 posts in this topic

I've been thinking. I basically didn't become a instant Sonic fan when i played Sonic 3, although it was good, i just considered it in the box of Jazz Jackrabbit, Mario or other fun 2D games at the time. But i became a fan when i tried the GameCube game Sonic Adventure 2: Battle.

Although i became butthurt when people said the Sonic games on Dreamcast or GameCube were bad, so i started saying all Sonic games were bad in spite of hearing it. Because i had so much good memories with those games. Although it hasn't aged 100% well though, but i still consider it kinda ok. But for its time i will admit it was fun atleast. Kinda like with MGS2 aswell, it has aged somewhat since i last played it. But Sonic 3 and Knuckles is still solid to be honest. Just like playing Jazz Jackrabbit 2 is. Although i wish i could buy that game legally. I don't see it on steam so i haven't played it due to that. But i play Sonic 3 on Xbox 360 sometimes, and sometimes Sonic 2 and 1. They are pretty fun games!.

Just kinda wondering your view in general?

I used to hold the view that 'Sonic died once he moved to 3d', though that was mostly due to trying to play the Sonic Adventure and Sonic Heroes demos on a PC with a keyboard.  Not something to recommend.

Once I got the hang of the controls in Generations, with a proper controller this time, I think I actually prefer the 3D gameplay.

I've played a majority of the 2d and 3d games. My least favorite of them is of course Sonic Labyrinth! To me it makes Sonic 06 look like a national treasure! But all in all I like both 3d and 3d games with some exceptions 

The 3d games are not bad I'm tired of people saying the 3d games were crap and the 2d ones were superior last I check both sides had flaws no style is better than the other in my honest opinion.

1 person likes this

The 3d games are not bad I'm tired of people saying the 3d games were crap and the 2d ones were superior last I check both sides had flaws no style is better than the other in my honest opinion.

Yeah i still enjoy the 3D games, Sonic Adventure DX and Sonic Adventure 2:Battle. If they ever made Sonic Adventure 3 i would so buy it!. I mean imagine it coming to PS4. That would be like a dream in my view!