Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shinomi-chan

Undertale: "My Friend" (WARNING: Small spoilers to Genocide mode)

3 posts in this topic

NOTE: This fanfic will not follow the game's story as much as what would happen if my OC (Vivian The Hedgehog) would meet "Chara" for the first time after meeting Frisk first. Also I will call Frisk/Chara a "he" now I know they have no gender but I see them more as a boy so that's why. I wish you'll comment after reading this. Enjoy!

My Friend:

I couldn't believe it. I refused to believe what I had just witnessed. I sat there. On the corridors floor unable to move. My legs felt numb, my hands were shaking. This was all like.. A bad dream. I tried to speak but no words came out from my mouth. I could only watch the scene horrified. I saw blood dripping from Sans' chest. He was still able to move after taking a direct hit from the kid's knife. I saw him walking towards the door, before collapsing on the floor and disappearing completely. 
"This can't be" I thought. "Frisk could never hurt Sans... or anyone else." That's what I wanted to believe. Yes. There was no way that the kid standing before me wielding a knife, clothes covered in blood and dirt could be Frisk. This was not the kid I was trying to protect. Not the one I had become friends with. Not the one who chose to be my friend. I couldn't put it in words but this kid here seemed like he had been possessed by something.. Something out of this world.
"...F-..Frisk..?" I asked quietly. The kid turned to look at me. I stared into his soulless eyes. It was as if he didn't care about anything... or anyone. All the lives that he had taken. All the monsters he had hurt. None of it mattered to him.
He took few steps closer to me and said: "Oh look. One monster still remains." He took a better hold of his knife. I tried to get up but I couldn't. I felt the knife cut through my flesh. I closed my eyes for a second only to open them and see I was still alive.
"Did he miss?", "Was he only playing with me?", "Was he going to let me suffer first before cruelly killing me?" Those were the questions I wished would never get an answer. I noticed my right arm had a deep cut on it. It was bleeding badly. Then the pain hit me.
I quickly got up and backed away from the kid. I held my arm in pain. "Why..? Why did you kill him?" I asked him. At first he didn't say anything but then I saw it. A cruel smile. "Why I did it?" He said now with a mocking voice unable to hold his laughter. "He was in my way! He was just another disgusting monster. Just. Like. YOU." He pointed at me with his knife. I immediately stopped where I was standing. 
It was like my entire life was flashing right before my eyes. I remembered EVERYTHING. My first meeting with Frisk. How he reached out his hand with a kind smile on his face. That day, he had asked me to be his friend. Sure at first he thought I really was a monster... But his voice was much kinder than this kid's. There was no insult in his voice. Only kindness.
"What? You want to be my friend?" I had asked him that day. He had simply nodded with a smile but that was more than enough for someone like me. I reached out my hand in turn for a handshake. "Sure! My name is Vivian. What about you kid?" He had spoken in such a silent voice it was as if he hadn't said anything at all, yet I had still understood him completely. "Frisk huh? That's a nice name! Say.. I was just trying to find my way out of these ruins too.. How about we go together? The more the merrier they say." He held onto my hoodie's sleeve as if trying to feel safe. I just smiled and pat his head and told him there was nothing to worry about. After that we met Toriel, Sans, Papyrus, Undyne, Napstablook, Alphys, Mettaton... We had so much fun...
But now. In an instant it was all taken away from us. Like this nightmare world had replaced everything we had done. All we had met. All the happiness and joy replaced with sadness and grief.
"... You are not him. You are NOT Frisk!" I yelled. I looked at the kid confidently hoping he wouldn't see through my act. I was terrified, I wanted to cry, I wanted to run away. But I knew. If I did that.. He'd kill Asgore too. I wanted to believe there was a way to return the things, the people that we had lost. No one had succeeded in stopping him. They all had tried and they all had lost.. and now. It was MY turn. I never liked fighting but for Asgore. No. For EVERYONE I had to fight!
The kid swirled the knife in his hands, as if this was some kind of sick, twisted game to him. "YOU are going to stop ME? Someone as weak as you should have died long ago." He said. It hurt. Those words hurt much more than the wound he had given me. He wasn't Frisk. But that voice, the way he looked. He was EXACTLY like him. I held my hands up in the air as green aura began to glow around me, surrounding me. He looked surprised. "So.. You are still going to fight me? Great. So you're also DETERMINED?" He said while laughing. I then moved my hand in front of me preparing a powerful Chaos Beam. The kid ran towards me wielding the knife ready to stab me. He was close, almost in range. He was now only a meter away from me. I collected the energy and I released it.
I fell on the ground because of the powerful shock wave. I prayed it was enough to take care of him.
I looked around to see any signs of him. I sighed in relief. I walked slowly towards the door which would lead the throne room when I saw something at the corner of my eye. "No... You can't be.." He came out from behind a pillar. "I have to admit. That was close." He said chuckling. I saw that his sweater's sleeve was entirely gone and his right hand was covered in his own blood. He didn't seem to think much of it.
I felt like crying. Like I couldn't breath. There was no way I could ready another attack as powerful as that. I had managed to break one of the pillars. If I could concentrate enough. I might be able to hit him with one of the pieces.
"My turn." He said. He charged right at me with incredible speed. I could barely move after using that attack. I tried my best to concentrate in moving one piece of the pillar. When it rose up from the ground and moved towards him as I hoped I felt victorious. It was flying right at him. I should have been happy about it right? I should have been smiling. Yet... I was crying. Just as the piece was about to hit him, I held back.
I felt the knife being stabbed into my stomach. I felt the hot blood dripping out, on the cold corridor floor. In the end I was too weak. I couldn't hurt him.
He stared at me. He leaned down to say something. "I am Chara. The Frisk you knew is long dead. Just like everyone you loved and cared about." and then he smiled. I looked back at him. My vision was getting blurry. I could hardly see his figure anymore. Tears came to my eyes and they wouldn't stop falling. I held my stomach and I smiled to him. "I..I'm sorry Frisk." I said.
I don't even understand it myself. I wrapped my arms around him with the last powers I had and I hugged him. "I'm sorry I couldn't save you this time..." I told him. I felt him pulling the knife out from my stomach as my legs wouldn't hold anymore. I hit the ground hard but I couldn't feel almost anything. It might have been just my imagination... but with the last look towards Chara.. Before everything went dark.. I swear.. I saw a tear falling down his cheek.

Edited by Shinomi-chan

oh my god this is painful ;-; 

I like the plot of it and the way you used the words, ESPECIALLY how you portayed emotions of someone who's innocent! :D 

AND CHARA REF AHHH x.x

(btw do you have a pic of vivian anywhere?)

1 person likes this

OHMYGOD Thank you :) and yeah there are several different ones in the Fan character section (Well Fan Art section) I mean this pic which I'm using now is only a changed version of my OC to a pokemon hybrid xD