Gabe

What franchises do you want the Sonic franchises to have a crossover with?

56 posts in this topic

I'm not saying it can't be done.  Far from it.  It might even be good.  My issue is that one franchise wouldn't be staying true to what it is.  

It would be like... hmm... forcing Batman to use a gun, or kill someone.  It goes against the fundamental tenets of the character.  And it would be the same situation with the proposed cross-over.

Or what about Sonic and Darkwing Duck? (Or at least Vector, Espio and Charmy since they're Detectives)

It's not really that much of a change tenets of the world as far as the reboot goes.  The history is different, sure, but the basics of the world itself, and the existing characters with the possible exception of King Max,  are all still the same.  

Or what about Sonic and Darkwing Duck? (Or at least Vector, Espio and Charmy since they're Detectives)

Don;t know the franchise, but from what I do I'd say that'd work.

It's still a seemingly cartoonish world with a dark undercurrent under the surface.  The characters don't behave in noticeably different way.  In terms of the 'soul' of what the franchise is, it is still the same.  

Is it a big change, yes.  But the heart is still the same.

--------

Yep, I know the basics.  But I was always more of Rescue Ranger's fan! ;-p 

Agreed.  And that is tragic.  

*nods*

But we're getting off topic a bit now, so I'm gonna say Thunderbirds!  :P

Crossing Sonic with anything M-rated is not likely going to work in my opinion. It's like My Little Pony, the characters are not humans and therefore any questionnable mushup will easily raise eyeblows. Even a universally accepted material like JoJo's Bizarre Adventure can look jarring with Sonic, no thanks to those cheap crossovers already exist on the Internet like Five Night at Freddy's, Team Fortress 2, and Mortal Kombat.

There are cases that crossovers with something hardcore work, but those cases are usually where the authors had to put lots of efforts into them, like Silent Pony (actually tragic) and Nobita's Biohazard (hilariously bizarre). Even then they are very controversial.

Edited by arekpowalan

Well if we're going this way then.. Sonic and Evil Dead?

i really want to see a crossover between sonic and project tohou.

1 person likes this

Did I hear Touhou? That could work really...

Did I hear Touhou? That could work really...

i agree. that and touhou has just as many characters as the sonic main cast, if not more.

1 person likes this

I tend to avoid crossovers. The Mega Man ones were just used as an excuse for a universe-wide reboot (which I hate just about every time they happen), and I feel like any other modern crossovers wouldn't work out.

Oh yeah, and the Sabrina one from the 90s was just weird.

I tend to avoid crossovers. The Mega Man ones were just used as an excuse for a universe-wide reboot (which I hate just about every time they happen), and I feel like any other modern crossovers wouldn't work out.

Oh yeah the Sabrina one... It was just... Odd.. and they never fully explained how they ended up there...

I expect they did... just not in the Sonic comic... they mightve done in the Sabrina comic that was going on

But yeah. It was weird. I half skipped that comic to read the Sonic Underground story that was there

Oh yeah the Sabrina one... It was just... Odd.. and they never fully explained how they ended up there...

Admittedly, it started up in a Sabrina comic that we don't have access to on this site, but the story was still far from amazing.