teamrandom21

Darker subjects?

13 posts in this topic

probably going to get me in trouble on here, but should sonic the comic or universe tackle subjects like suicide and depression by having some of their characters deal with problems or be in situations that would make them deal with those problems. I know it's sonic, but there are teens and older people read the comics, and the comics can get a way with a tab bit more.

No.

No.

Nonononono!

NO!

Okay, that was maybe a bit forceful, but I like the Sonic verse BECAUSE it's not that dark.  At least, not dark in that way, lving creatures turned into robots is kind dark.  It's my escapism from serious dark stuff, so if it did go dark, I would be out.  Simple as that.

They could but... really thats a touchy subject and it could bring about "thats not how it works!" Comments. And also it could end up distressing those that do have it as a "this character you love is suicidal". Not something I'd want to see if I was tbh. Id want the characters id like happily

Finally, yes teens read it but there is a difference between having teens read it and targeting it at teens thereby removing the kid audience entirely

Overall while I can see there to be some good side to it I think it would need to be pretty subtle for it to happen. Nothing clear and direct. Not that I really want it to happen anyway. I like dark but if it becomes deep in that way I would probably be very unhappy (I think back to when I watched a playthrough of the Beginner's Guide while typing this and how emotional that made me...)

They could but... really thats a touchy subject and it could bring about "thats not how it works!" Comments. And also it could end up distressing those that do have it as a "this character you love is suicidal". Not something I'd want to see if I was tbh. Id want the characters id like happily

Finally, yes teens read it but there is a difference between having teens read it and targeting it at teens thereby removing the kid audience entirely

Overall while I can see there to be some good side to it I think it would need to be pretty subtle for it to happen. Nothing clear and direct. Not that I really want it to happen anyway. I like dark but if it becomes deep in that way I would probably be very unhappy (I think back to when I watched a playthrough of the Beginner's Guide while typing this and how emotional that made me...)

that is true...the reason why i made this was because it would be nice to see a character deal with depression but have a way of copping with it, to help those like me who are dealing with it. sort of like with tails bullying, and how far he's come from then.

Edited by teamrandom21

Uh.. Well it isn't exactly the comics point so I'd have to say no... There are already sad stories/fanfics and "headcanons" about Sonic's World and I could really live without the feeltrain..

Ive been in and out of depression and no. I really really don't want characters to be put through anything similar. I want to smile at their happiness and forget about my issues while I read

1 person likes this

Ive been in and out of depression and no. I really really don't want characters to be put through anything similar. I want to smile at their happiness and forget about my issues while I read

Same here.. It just wouldn't be any fun.. Just sad...

Me too. I don't want to go into a spiral of sadness....I've already done that a few times. I don't want read such a dark and gloomy story in a Sonic Comic!

I don't see this as a problem since a lot of kid-friendly series had explore this kind of behavior. (EX. Mega Man, Pokemon, Zelda, etc.) Plus I watch a lot of Anime so this come as a norm for me.

I don't see this as a problem since a lot of kid-friendly series had explore this kind of behavior. (EX. Mega Man, Pokemon, Zelda, etc.) Plus I watch a lot of Anime so this come as a norm for me.

Well same here I have watched a LOT of anime but I just don't see this working out too well in Sonic's Universe while it does work in many other comics and shows. It's just not a good idea. So I'm with Dylan and Seviper here.

Well same here I have watched a LOT of anime but I just don't see this working out too well in Sonic's Universe while it does work in many other comics and shows. It's just not a good idea. So I'm with Dylan and Seviper here.

i suppose you're right. sure it would be nice to have touching moments like with nicole and espio or sad moments, but sega won't even let there mascot cry for god sakes.

They already have all that. They had all that before the reboot. Sad stuff, touching stuff, crying (not sure if Sonics cried or not but I recall him being at least close to it if not doing so. Tails im certain has)... again, I don't want it to go too deep but touching moments are fine

As with after the reboot... well... There hasnt been any story that would be enough for Sonic to cry. Doesn't mean it won't come

1 person likes this

They already have all that. They had all that before the reboot. Sad stuff, touching stuff, crying (not sure if Sonics cried or not but I recall him being at least close to it if not doing so. Tails im certain has)... again, I don't want it to go too deep but touching moments are fine

As with after the reboot... well... There hasnt been any story that would be enough for Sonic to cry. Doesn't mean it won't come

true, and i can't help but wonder what's in the future for the comics, at least as long as panders stops suing everyone...(yeah yeah, there i go again mentioning his name)