Skye Prower

Looking for a Game

22 posts in this topic

Yo. I guess it's only a matter of time before a topic like this popped up, so I'll go first.

So, there's a type of game I have in mind that I wanna play, but no idea if there's one out there that fits the criteria. So I thought I'd ask to see if any of your guys have suggestions.

Okay, so, some points about the game I'm looking for, in order of preference.

1. A single player group/squad game (preferably with around 5/6 members in your team) each of whom is customisable in the same way player characters often are. Not just changing a characters name.

2. RP elements. Preferably I'd like a full RPG, but as long as there is a good story and/RP elements I'll be happy. I.e. not just about combat.

3. It has to be EASY! I mean, real, real easy. I'm rubbish at games! :P

4. Setting. I'm easy with what setting, but I don't want anything Grimdark or depressing. And no standard post-apocalyptic settings ether. (I keep trying to get into Fallout and just can't!)

5. Age of the game doesn't matter at all, I'll happily play something from a decade or two ago. As long as it is easy to get ahold of and run!

6. Preferably I'd like a game that doesn't require full attention, as I'd like to be able to play while chatting with my friends.

7. Systems. I'd like it to be either for my 3DS or PC (which has Steam). Though I do also have a Wii U, a Wii, a GBA, and my Wii can play gamecube games.... And I've just realised how many nintendo consoles I actually have! :huh:

So, if you have any suggestions please post. And feel free to use this topic to ask for games yourselves!

There was a certain star wars game that met most of what you said but it is on PSP. I never tried a nin console expect Wii and DS and GC and GBA. Since you said RP you should wait for Cheery to come. It's his thing.

Okay lemme try.

1. Easy to download. Not a super huge 20 GB game and it's better that it's less than 1 GB.

2. RP elements. Even a little is fine.

3. As long as on console that the game is playable has an emulator I can get it.

4. I don't care about difficulty. The more harder the better.

5. Any game from any generation on any console that has an emulator.

6. ENG language.

*Looks up* I don't think any game like that exists huh?

NMS, of COURSE a game like that exists. All your asking for is an RPG that's not got a massive file size.

Have you played Baldur's Gate and Baldur's Gate 2? Really REALLY old RPG's, so they'll be small. The first can get a little repetitive (so many forests) but 2 is meant to be Darn go. I haven't played 2 yet, because you can import your character from 1 , and I've still not finished it (Bad for not finishing games).

Both are long, so should keep you occupied for a while, and, as the use AD&D rules, yep, they're hard and pretty unforgiving!

Both game have also recently had 'enhanced editions' made for them, which improve the graphics and add a few more features, but those would probibly be larger to download.

Ummm...I can download it as long as it's not more than 2 GBs. You don't have to tell me a really small sized one. Also I don't want a game that has the battle system of Final Fantasy.

It's not Final Fantasy turn based, don't worry.

Skye - I would absolutely recommend the Tales games to you. I got a feeling you will certainly enjoy these games, based on story and characters alone. And even then, there's still the battle systems which is great. However, the question is, which one? I will mention first that it is not equal to your preferences. The characters are only customizable to a certain degree, mostly cosmetic. The only game that differs is Radiant Mythology, but I wouldn't recommend that one as a first game. Also, there currently is no game that allows you to play with more than 4 characters in a battle. However, each game has at least 6 characters, reigning to currently max 12 (excluding Radiant Mythology, which has around 60 I suppose). However, like I said before, the story and characters are fenominal. And basically, these games are as difficult as you want them to be, but to make it more safe: every game has a difficulty setting. The settings are most of the time medieval with huge emphasis on fantasy and a tiny bit of sci-fi. The age really depends on what you want. The franchise started in 1995, and is still running. So let's get to my choices for now:

Since you would like a game on the 3DS, Tales of the Abyss would be my first choice, while being a great introduction to the franchise at the same time. It still remains as many people their favorite Tales game (most of the time even RPG) and it's not hard to see why. The Wii has barely to no Tales games, but you can play the gamecube version of Symphonia. The story and characters are great but... it's a bit outdated if you ask me. Still a great game though. You can also try out Phantasia on the GBA (the first ever game), but... the gba version kind of sucks if you ask me. At least, if you have played other Tales games before.

I'm a Tales fanboy though, but I can definitely recommend some other games too:

- Bravely Default (3DS): One of the best RPG's/games the system has seen yet. There's a demo on the E-shop, so I would definitely recommend checking it out. 4 characters total, fully customizable by means of Job systems.

- Etrian Odyssey IV (3DS): I haven't played this one since... I'm still playing the first one and I can't stand it. I have played the demo which did hook me for the game. Guess I'll need to pick up 1 again sometime, it deserves a chance at the very least.

- Final Fantasy III (DS/Phone/Steam): I didn't really like this game, but it follows your entire description. Well, almost. This game requires, no, demands you to grind. This game isn't difficult, but it does create the illusion of difficulty. On that note, I could also recommend IV, which is definitely the better of the two.

- Child of Light (Wii U/Steam): Funny how the Wii U barely has any rpg's, making this one one of the best on the system. But eh, it's a really great game nevertheless.

I might come up with a list of games for you later, NMS.

Thanks Cheery. Those sound like some great suggestions. I'll certainly look those up. Although I'm in a 'customized whole party' mood right now, that isn't always the case, so I'll deff try out the Tales games, as they do sound interesting.

And I've heard Bravely Default mention before. I'll give it a serious look.

With X-mas coming up I thought I'd try re-opening this a bit to look at games to add to my wish list.  I'm still looking for a game like I asked in the original post here, but also...

Any 3DS/DS games that have character creation?  Not just renaming but actually being able to change appearance.  Already have Fire Emblem Awakening and Pokemon Y.

(Oh, and for putting a new SD card into a 3DS.  Does it need any special formatting or can you slot any old card in?)

Do you already have Undertale? If you don't you should get it.

*sighs* No.  I get the hype about it, but 1) that wasn't the type of game I was asking about. 2) From what I've heard it doesn't really appeal to me.

.... Monster Rancher? :3 (YEAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!)

Don't have a playstation....

I'm getting the feeling people don;t read my posts :'-(

If you have a wii, I would suggest getting Okami. S' a good game.

Also, if you want a game that can RP well, you could always try the Wonderful 101 on the Wii U.

Don't have a playstation....

I'm getting the feeling people don;t read my posts :'-(

I'm sorry!!! I just forgot D: honest!!!! uh uh... uh.. Professor Layton series?

Er...... guys, please.    I know there are heaps of great games out there, many of which I haven't played.  But I'm looking for something more specific right now.

Well um... One Piece Super Grand Battle X? (I'm REALLY trying here sorry ;___; )

Shimoni, please don't cry.  You don't need to suggest anything at all.  It's just I've got something in mind, and I'd rather get nothing than something that doesn't match what I've got in mind.

I'm.... gonna guess as that's an Anime based game it probibly doesn't have a character creator?  And cause it sounds like a beat-em-up....

Have you tried any of the Final Fantasy Tactics games? The original one fro Playstation was hard if I remember correctly, but I put lots of hours into the Gameboy Advance(Final Fantasy Tactics Advance) one and it was considerably easier. They also made another one for the DS, Final Fantasy Tactics A2. I never played that one, but could be worth checking out.

As far as gameplay, they are a tactical rpg like Fire Emblem, but with a final fantasy twist, At least in the advance one, you could recruit characters and level them into whatever job you wanted them to be. Since they are for older systems, they're probably pretty cheap.

Do you know if the character names/appearance are customizable, or just jobs, which sound different to classes.

I have read all of Skye's posts and it sounds like any game by Square Enix will fit what he wants. But sadly the customization of the main protagonist isn't possible in all of them.

1 person likes this

"I never asked for this!"

;-p

Sorry, sorry, That's more published than 'by', but still.

Gonna give this a try again.... though I don't seem to have much luck with it....

Currently looking for a co-op game on Steam.  Preferably an RPG or RTS, though it doesn't need to be.  As long as it's not an MMO.  And doesn't contain lots of text to read!