Device

Pokemon!

108 posts in this topic

Hmm... I'm half-tempted to get SMD at some point, but it sounds like I'd be better off waiting for a price reduction.

I've been a fan of the Mystery Dungeon spin-offs since the original 'Rescue Team' games and have been playing them ever since. I enjoyed Blue Rescue Team enough to get through the main game, but I don't recall ever completing it fully. The story was nice, simple and heartwarming, and I liked some of the character relations that were revealed over time.

That said, it has NOTHING on the 'Explorers' games. I originally had 'Darkness' (though I now have 'Sky') and it's still my absolute favourite in the entire series. The characters, the music, the depth... it was just amazing to me! Sure, there are some parts that annoy me even now (you and your partner can't evolve until post-postgame, the hunger mechanic is a pain, and I REALLY don't like that 'mysterious wind' mechanic...) but it wasn't enough to distract me from the incredible story. Everything from meeting the Guild, to finding out who you were, to fighting Dialga, to the reveal of the TRUE mastermind behind it all. I loved every moment from it.

With 'Gates to Infinity', I think the lack of features in places was what caused me to stop playing. I mean, only 5 choices of Pokemon? That was pretty unfair, especially since I wasn't a big fan of the Gen V starters. (...Well, back then, at least. I've grown to like them more now.) Because of that, I can't really say much about the story. I know that Kyurem plays a big part late in the game (seeing as this was around the time Black/White 2 were out) but that's about it. The last thing I remember doing in the game was getting Espeon and Umbreon on the team, then doing a bunch of side-missions. I guess I thought they would run out eventually, but they never did. So, I eventually stopped playing and never went back. I wonder, though: is it worth going back to? If so, I might try to pick it up again at some point.

Price reduction?  It's Nintendo!  That won't happen for years! ;-p 

While I have been pretty negative on it, I am only a couple of hours in.  Once the game opens up it could well be a lot better.  And one other good point I forgot to mention, the text scrolls a LOT faster than GtI.

I pretty much echo your thoughts on Explorers.  It's a great game (Though I still say it was too hard) with lots of depth.  There are certainly signs that SMD could have that same depth, once the game opens up.  And while the start is very slow, it has been enjoyable, side from that one bit I ranted about.

As for GtI, I still say it has the best 'core gameplay'.  The downside is that it has little beyond that!  I... would say it's worth going back to to finish the story, simply because it is actually pretty short, and from the sound of things you got about half way through.  There just is a big clump of side missions about that point.  And once you've done the Glacier trip it really starts going faster.  And the post game story is just one more mission, then it's just building your paradise.  It's not an amazing story, but good enough.  And some of the NPC's feature in SMD.  Just make sure to bring some anti-confusion items for the final boss.

(#changing the subject)

Pokemon! Gotta catch em all!

With the new Pokemon games announced, Sun and Moon I'm curious who's planning on getting them?

Personally, I probibly won't be.  Gotta say I think the subtitles are cool and I'm really looking forward to the new legendary design.  But there probably (probably!  Not certainly) won't be anything to draw me in.  X/Y just came at the right time for me to get.  I'd always meant to try one properly, I'd recently got my 3DS, and it had both character customization and a fox starter!  The planet's just came into alignment for that one.

But what about the rest of you?

And on a side note, still enjoying the new PMD, though it has to be one of the most unbalanced games I have ever played.

I'll get it because I enjoy Pokemon games for what they are. I don't know if it'll be as good as I found Pokemon Emerald or Pokemon X but I'm still willing to give it a go

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited, but the thing I hate about the trailer is that they give close to NO information on the game itself.

They just put a big line on the "20 anniversary hipe"

So in the end I did end up getting Pokemon Moon.  Not much to say about it yet, as I haven't got far in, but it does seem a little heavy on the handholding and lots of dialog and cutscenes at the start.

Having said that,.... maybe I'm going crazy.... but I can see signs of a Pokemon / Sonic crossover!

LOOK AT THE EYES!  THEY'VE BEEN ROBOTICIZED!  The Lion even has the moustache! 

6424486806440154146%253Faccount_id%253D0