Prelate

Your Internet Speed

23 posts in this topic

I don't know if this is fast because I'm terrible when it comes to internet subjects. Well, here you go anyways.

2952683255.png

So I checked my internet speed and I thought "why not make a topic about how fast is someone else's internet speed is". So, there we go. You simply go here and after that you basically test your speed and share results here. Also share test as an image. I'll start with mine.

2952579579.png

I don't know if this is fast because I'm terrible when it comes to internet subjects. Well, here you go anyways.

2952683255.png

You both have very good Internet connections high bandwidth and low latency, the likes of which I have never experienced because I live in the third world country or something.

For comparison, Shadow, I have an upload and download speed 1/5 of yours, and with a little above twice the latency. The Netherland's (heck, most of Europe's) connections are notoriously good (though last I checked South Korea and Japan had even better connections).

PixeliousFox: Your connection is also great, and seems to be a symmetric (or was it synchronous?) connection (similar up and down bandwidth, meaning you can run some file servers or other such things).

Well , I see most of you have extremly good connexion . But europe is way behind Asia in this case . I think they are already downloading in Gbit/Sec .

did it come? mine is Sooooooo slow. you have an extremely good internet connection.

2962582728.png

Okay, here's mine. I'm not sure how good in comparison it is

2962598725.png

Edit: Oh I just noticed. C-. Slower than 59%. Well, I guess that's a pass, but at the same time, under average

Here's mine. Better than I was expecting considering I live out in the Styx.

2962610608.png

I feel Hurt. I should have a way better connection than that. But just because I live way higher than other, my internet speed is somehow slower....

2962739424.png

what is ping in it? mine is 158 ms. what does it mean?

" PING " , simply means ' Packet Internet Groper '. This is a utility that actually lets you check the speed of Packet data sent and received on a network.

It also has it's use when it comes to play online games . The higher the ping is , the worst your game is . But up until 200Ms , Your game will be fine . (Unless , like me, you are so used to high ping that you can play with it without problem )

did it come? mine is Sooooooo slow. you have an extremely good internet connection.

2962582728.png

My condolences, Neo Metal Sonic. But hey, look on the bright side. At least it's not dial-up, which is ONE-TENTH of your download speed.

PixeliousFox: It's interesting that you only have one ISP where you live. Here, if only one ISP is in the area, you can expect low-bandwidth, high-latency connections.

This is my internet speed

download speed =1.09Mbps and

upload speed =0.87Mbps

I checked my internet speed using sites like Scanmyspeed.com

how about my speed?? is it good or bad?

depawali: It's below average for most developed nations, but definitely above dial-up. With those speeds, I'd assume you have a cheap DSL or large wireless network, though cable Internet can go that low at some time. From what I understand, ISPs tend to offer speeds at 1.5 Mbps down and some other applications are running on your network, so you might be able to tweak it up a little bit.

I'd say it's functional, but you might want to consider an upgrade if you download or stream a lot of lossless music, video, or games.

My Internet connection is somewhat slow, but is common in Argentina (the fastest and most expensive connections you can get for a family household are about 15 Mbps / 1,9 Million Bytes per second Downstream and about 1 Mbps / 128 KiloBytes per second Upstream, for AR$300 or 50 U.S. Dollars, official exchange rate in Argentina, considering our currency is practically worthless outside our country, plus the modem, another AR$60 or USD10)

post-3338-0-63930800-1385569098_thumb.pn

My speed is 400KB/s, the cost is not cheap Chinese. The best quality broadband usually at affordable price range. The best operator is China Telecom.The user of China Telecom (the best operator broadband quality in Chinese) Optical fiber users for the few residents or enterprises, speed is 50+MB/s. My speed is 400KB/s, and extremely unstable.

My English level is not high, the above paragraph is the network translation result.

3753443078.png

*Cries in a corner*

Why do you cry! Mine is worse than yours! And be grateful that it's fast enough for you to come here. ^^

3783459201.png

....noooooooooooooooooo. #FirstWorldProblems ;_;

Germany! Come on! You don't have any other problems, so why is the internet-speed still so slow?!