The Jest

Role-Play Mania v2.0

62312 posts in this topic

"Would be to try it out on one of them... it's risky, but if you don't won't they stay like that indefinitely? At least until they grow."

"Bu' I don' remember no' bein' a kid" Dylan said starting to look upset

"The magic is messing with your head Dylan. You're too Skye," said Ziona.

"Bwut I... I dwon't... I dwon't wanna...." murmured Skye.

"It won't be permanent, they would be normal again in a week. But this would cut the time down a lot. There is... there is another way to test it without putting on of them at risk. I know how to control the changes. I could...." Miles shuddered slightly. "Change myself slightly and test the cure on myself first."

Dylan began crying a little

"I don' wan' magic messing with my brain! It's not nice!" He said

"I know," said Ziona hugging the boys. "That's why Miles is gonna get us back to normal!"

Dylan gave a smile and hugged back. Then his face fell a little

"Bu'... I don' really wanna go back. I like bein' like this" he said

"You.. you do?" asked Ziona surprised. "But you... you were so keen to go back..."

"I was?" Dylan asked surprised. "Why? I'm happy like this"

"You... Uh...." Ziona struggled to think back. "You said you didn't like it... and you didn't like transformations."

"I don't want to," said Miles. "But if helps the kids and makes it safer for them, I should do it." Miles paused, suddenly shocked at his selfless suggestion.

"But if it goes wrong, it could leave you stuck with something for a week or more."

It took Miles a moment to respond, as he was still trying to process what he was suggesting. "I... I know that Zamy. But I don't intend to change myself too much. Certainly not as extreme as the kids are changed. And if it helps them..."

"It's still a big risk. But if you think you can minimise it, it may be the best option."

"I'm pretty sure I can. I'm certain that my method to control the transformations is correct. It's just the cure I'm worried about," said Miles. "And, uh... if it's not too stressful.. could... you be around?"

"Thank you Zamy," said Miles quietly.

Miles gave a nervous smile when Zamy appeared. "Thank you... I... I know you'd rather I didn't do this, but..."

Dylan looked the ground sadly

"I don' 'member sayin' tha'" he said

"I dwo," said Skye looking down. "I 'member bewing dwiffwent niow.... Ywou dwid lwike thwis at fwirst Dwylan."

"I'm sorry," said Ziona.

----------

"It... it is?" asked Miles a little shocked. "I... I'm not... it's... I didn't even think about what I'm doing, yet.... It's... it's so... not me..."

(ooc: Quick question Shadow, though I've probibly just forgotten the answer. How old is Zamy?)

"Yes. You're sticking your neck out for people I assume are your friends. It's a good thing."

(OOC She's in her early to mid twenties)

"I know.. I just... was kind of shocked to realise I was doing it. And..." Miles shifted uncomfortably and whispered. "Dylan... isn't my friend. Not really. I hope he will be, but I doubt it..."

(ooc: Cheers. I thought so, but just wanted to check)

"Yeah. He's only acting like this because he's a kid. But I hope he grows to at least accept you when he's normal."