The Jest

Role-Play Mania v2.0

62312 posts in this topic

"Yeah, I'll meet my handsome prince one day," smiled Melody.

--------------

"Yeah, that could work!" said Ziona enthusiastically.

"I mwean, the pwool can't tawke stuff away from uws! Jwust swap it awround. We can stwill dwo stwuff. We nweed to fwind out what!" said Skye.

"Well, I can turn invisible and I have my long tongue..." Dylan began, giving some thought. "I don't know if I can do anything else"

"Hawve you trwied?" asked Skye. "Thwough, I dwunno how..."

"So, Skye, you're saying that, uh..." she looked at him, "because you can't fly now, you can do something else to make up for it?"

Skye nodded, happy that she got it.

"So, because it made us kids, we should have got something for that to?" she asked uncertainly. Skye nodded again, but it was a bit more hesitant.

-------------

Melody looked around, wiping the emotional tears away from her face. "I think... I think I need to go now. Anna, I know it's a really long way, but as Zamy isn't hear, could you take me to the hotel we were staying at? There's an ice cream parlour nearby I want to meet Hope at. I know it's a long way to push, but with your speed..."

"Uh, don't worry, I've a better idea," said Anna, still looking awkward from her earlier outburst. She walked up to Melody, but paused next to Tikal.

"If you want to talk about this, or need some support, I'll be back soon," Anna whispered to Tikal. She then took ahold of Melody's chair.

"Ready?" she asked.

"Ready," Melody replied.

"CHAOS CONTROL!"

"Not a kid" Dylan whispered under his breath

"So... You think the pool swaps the stuff we had when we were normal for the stuff we have now? And it swapped our old powers for new ones, but you think it swapped our... Age for something. What could you swap for THAT?" Dylan asked adding emphasis to 'that'. The whole idea behind the pool confused him enough without this

Skye shrugged. "I dwunno. I hwade jwust stwarted working on the pwool when you pwushed me in!" He gave Dylan a little poke for emphasis. "Bwut it mwight not be pwower for pwower. Jwust, swomethwing else."

"I'm lost now," said Ziona.

------------

Melody and Anna arrived in a quiet corner next to the hotel carpark. Almost immediately, Anna slumped to the ground.

"Anna? Are you alright?" asked Melody.

"Just... need to... get my breath back," said Anna, exhausted. Slowly she stood up, and began pushing Melody towards the ice cream parlour. "You should tell Hope you'll be there soon." Melody nodded and texted Hope to let her know the location.

"First, I didn't push you in, Auntie Harmony did to try and cheer me up" Dylan said defensively but then his defensiveness turned to confusion. "Secondly, I'm lost too..."

Hope saw her phone.

"Ok Shadow, I shouldn't be long."

"Understood. Keep your radio handy in case of emergencies. It doesn't matter if you're at the lab or on the moon in that event."

Hope laughed. "Will do." She then hit a button on her teleporter and arrived at the parlour.

"She dwid?" asked Skye. "Huh, I thwink I was too upswet to notwice. And, uh, I mwean..." He sat down and tried to think. "You stwill have the swame amwount of stwrenghts. But those stwrenghts will have chwanged, bwut they cwould be awnything." He looked at Dylan. "You cwould have pwower even though you dwidn't before. As well aws the chamewleon ones I mwean."

--------------

Anna and Melody arrived in the parlour, only to see Hope was already there. Melody immediately tried to keep her thoughts under control, though it was difficult in her current emotional state as she wasn't sure if she was managing.

"Wow, that was fast," Anna commented.

"I think I... would like to get an ice cream first before we talk," said Melody, feeling herself tearing up again.

"Do you want me to stay?" asked Anna.

"I think... right now... I'd like it if it was just me and Hope," said Melody. Anna nodded, then waved to Hope.

"Hi and bye I guess then. I'm sure we'll see each other later."

"Ok, bye Anna." Hope waved back and went to Melody. "Ok, let's get an ice cream first if you want. I'll pay, don't worry."

"T-thank's Hope," said Melody with a sad smile as Anna left the parlour. Taking a deep breath she found a quiet spot and Chaos Controlled back to Haven. She slumped again the wall, her legs giving way, then looked up to Tikal.

"So, wanna talk Tikal?" she asked.

Hope wheeled her to an empty booth in a quiet area, got their ice creams then came back with them.

"Take your time."

Melody smiled in thanks, and started eating her ice cream. She felt a little better after a few mouthfuls, but not much. At least it was stopping her from bursting into tears again. Melody could feel her thoughts threaten to spin out of control so, although she wasn't ready, started speaking. It was better that than Hope suddenly reading what she was thinking.

"Hope... Do you remember... when we were talking with my Dad about the Echidna voodoo magic soul touch thing?" Melody asked, wondering how much of the gaps Hope would be able to fill in.

"That depend of what you would want to talk about, dear." replied tikal, warmly.

Hope thought back.

"Yes, I do vaguely.... is this about an echidna doing this to you? Because that's just not fair."

---

Shadow was surveying the room he had dropped into, looking for anything out of the ordinary, or even just a sign of what it was. It was much larger than expected, and as he moved through he could make something out near the end of the room, an object on a table.

"It isn't fair. But... I don't think s.... they did it deliberately. Actually, I don't think any Echidna has control over it. It just kinda happens," said Melody, stabbing her spoon into her ice cream sadly. "Except in my case. It.... It's kinda freak Hope... you might want to... brace yourself." Melody warned.

------------

Anna looked at Tikal with surprised. "I thought you might need a shoulder to cry on, after you and Melody had that.... erm... talk..." said Anna, a little uncomfortably.

"A power outside my new chameleon ones?" Dylan said very shakily. He didn't like that idea. "They've change us enough! I don't wanna have extra things added on to me like this"

"Thwey go away when you gwet bwack to nowrmal," said Skye quickly. "And I mwight be wrwong."

Seeing how upset he was, Ziona went over to him and hugged him, hoping to cheer him up. "Even if something has been added, I'm sure it won't be bad. And maybe nothing has, if you haven't used it by now." She paused, and suddenly realised something, then giggled. "I've got a little tiny power now."

----------------

"You s-see.." said Melody shakily. "I.. came out of Skye's mind... after he was... cursed with this... And so was I..." Melody buried her face i her hands. "I'm in love with Tikal."

"No. It makes sense" Dylan said sadly. "And I don't like it"

Then Ziona hugged him. While surprised at first he hugged her back, turning a little redder in the process. Her hug had cheered him up completely, he wasn't sure how. One thing he did decide was that he liked Ziona's hugs more than anyone else's so far

"It might just take a while to find. After all, I haven't been like this for long" he said. "What's your tiny power?"

(ooc: Just to confirm, Dylan was blue again before this. For now, assume everytime he goes invisible and changes back, he's back to the natural blue colour)

Ziona giggles, letting go of Dylan. "Okay, watch," she said. She placed her hand behind her ear, just under her hair, then pulled out a red crayon. She held it up towards Dylan, smiling.

Skye giggled. "Thwat's nweat," he sadi, then looked at Dylan. "Hwug hwim agwain! Mwake him mwore rwed!"

Hope didn't know what to say at first, it was certainly unexpected. But it did make sense in theory.

"I see. I'll be honest I didn't see that coming. Do they know about it? I mean, it sounds like you've accidentally got a bit of Skye in you."

Dylan looked a little worried. He changed himself back to his natural blue colour and focused on keeping it that way. Then he backed away a little so Ziona wouldn't use the red crayon on him

Ziona cocked her head as Dylan stepped away. "What's wrong Dylan? It's just a crayon!" Though she was giggling slightly at his colour changing antics.

-----------------

Melody gave a strangled laugh.

"I didn't see it coming either. Yeah, I knew I had a little of Skye n me. The odd memory, more control of my magic. Stuff like that. I just didn't think that would be included. And... Tikal knows... and she... she... feels the same..."