The Jest

Role-Play Mania v2.0

62312 posts in this topic

"No, you're not a kid," said Harmony slightly more firmly. "But you... you been affected by something drastic, and could probably do with some sympathy."

She stood up and her tone changed. "Though, if you're NOT a kid, why are you hiding under the blankets?"

Dylan immediately took them off and looked up at her. Then realising he was still crying, tried to wipe away his tears

"Just shock. That's all. I'm not a kid, and I don't need sympathy"

"If you're sure," said Harmony, obviously struggling to fight the urge to hug the now child Dylan. She looked a bit upset to see that he had been crying. "Right, no messing around. Skye, can you do something."

"I can try," said Skye, preparing a disenchanting spell.

Dylan looked at Skye, waiting for something to happen. But nothing was

"Nothings happening!" Dylan shouted worried, and on the verge of crying again. Luckily, he fought it off

Harmony looked hard at Skye, who was looking worried.

"Hold on. Let me try again," said Skye, casting the most powerful disenchantment he could.

A single tear forced its way out

"You cant change me back, can you?" he said looking at Skye like he was going to hide under the covers and continue his crying again

"I'm sure he can," said Harmony to Dylan. "You can, right?" she added in a dangerous tone.

"Uh... er... whatever you've been enchanted with is powerful. Really powerful. Unless I know more accurately what it is and how to counter it, I can't do much here." He went quiet and thought for a bit. "It's the swimming pool that did this. If I study that, I should be able to work out what exactly was done. Or maybe even use the power there to boost the strength of the dispel. Let's go."

"Should I come to?" Dylan asked getting out of bed and looking up at Skye, wide-eyed

"I think you should. If nothing else, I might be able to use the power of the pool to boost the strength of the dispel," said Skye. Harmony chocked back an 'aww' at Dylan's look.

(Spark and Lucy got lost and couldn't find Anna or Miles anywhere so they went into the library to read. Lucy tried jumping in the pool but Spark stopped her and reminded her they can't swim in water.)

"Great!" Dylan said smiling for the first time since the transformation. But he quickly hid it after realising it. "Um... I might also need a change of clothes. It seems this transformation also made me shrink and none of my clothes seem to fit me. Do you have anything I could wear?"

Dylan really did believe all he had done was shrunk, and not become 10 years younger. He was possibly just denying the very idea of it

(ooc: Good thing you stopped her Spark)

"Um, yeah, you... shrunk... I think... you might actauly have... gotten a bit younger..." said Skye. "I hope Ziona doesn't find out. Anyway," Skye concentrated for a moment and a set of clothes in Dylan's normal style but sized for his new body appeared in his hands.

"Y-younger?" Dylan asked shakily. He looked at the new clothes and asked, "h-how much younger?"

He was afraid of the answer given he was smaller than Skye, who was 12

"Uh, I would say...." pondered Harmony. "Given how tall you are and the sound of your voice... 8 maybe... possibly a short 9?"

"We really should get going," said Skye, sounding even more worried.

"8?" Dylan asked turning to Harmony, again wide-eyed. But he already knew the answer. He dropped his clothes and tried to make a break for the bed

Harmony's arm shot out with practiced speed as she grabbed Dylan by the shoulder.

"Stop hiding. If you don't come with us, it will be harder to get you back," said said.

"I'm... I'm so, so sorry Dylan. I still don't know how that device was able to escape my lab," said Skye, feeling guilty.

"But... This isn't me! I'm not 8 and I'm not a chameleon" he said looking at Harmony once again crying. He didn't really hear Skye's words for some reason, or if he did, he was too distracted to acknowledge

"I know. Which is why we need to go and change you back as quickly as possible," said Harmony. Though she knew it might do as much harm as good, Harmony knelt and hugged Dylan, hoping it might help.

(ooc: Sorry Dylan, but at this stage I couldn't really see her NOT doing that.)

Being hugged made Dylan panic

"Let me go!" he shouted, trying to get free

(ooc: Don't worry. If he gets hugged it will kinda be a buildup stage. Right now it caused him to panic but it will comfort him a little as time goes on)

"Sorry Dylan, sorry!" said Harmony as she let go.

As soon as he was free, he backed away towards Skye

"Don't do that. I'm not a kid. I don't want to be hugged. Do that again and I'll... Push you into the pool myself to see how you like it" he said crossing his arms somewhat proud of his threat

It was a struggle, but Harmony managed to keep a straight face with how precocious Dylan was acting. Especially the crossed arms.

"Of course. I'm sorry. It won't happen again," said Harmony. Though Dylan's suggestion had given her an idea. "I'll make sure I'll stop treating you like a kid."

"Erm, shall we go?" said Skye. "Oh, you're not dressed yet."

"Good!" Dylan said smugly to Harmony. He then looked to Skye and looked down at himself

"Oh yeah. Heh heh. Sorry. I'll do it now but you two leave the room! No peeking!"

"Okay. We'll be right outside," said Skye leaving the room. Harmony did the same, shutting the door behind her. She looked at Skye then started giggling silently.

"He is so cute!" she whispered to her brother.

"I'm... just kinda worried about the way he's acting," said Skye, whispering back.

"Oh, you worry too much," said Harmony. "You'll be able to sort this." She looked back. "It's just a shame he doesn't seem to like transformations."

"You still do?" asked Skye.

"Of course. Well, i'd rather not right now till I'm used to my new form. Don't you?"

"No," said Skye, a little too quickly.

"Lier," shot back Harmony. Skye just shrugged.

"Believe what you want."

Dylan began getting dressed, but halfway through he made his way back to the mirror and looked at his reflection again. He cocked his head slightly staring curiously at himself. Then he shook his head

"Your acting like a child!" He told his reflection. "Don't forget your not one. Your an adult. Just because you look like a child here, doesn't mean you need to stop acting your usual way!"

He then stared again for a minute and nodded at his reflection

"I need to be transformed back soon" he thought to himself, continuing to dress himself