The Jest

Role-Play Mania v2.0

62312 posts in this topic

"Unfortunately it seems to be how things go around here. But I'm sure everything will be fine for all of us. Don't you worry."

One of the ceiling grills came clattering to the floor.

"Everybody RUN!" yelled Melody as she grabbed Hope. Anna followed behind while Skye grabbed Tikal.

------------------

"A crane maybe?" suggested Ziona. "We might need a trolley to take it back with us!"

"Don't thank me until we're safe," said Melody as she sprinted down the corridors. "I don't remember this ride being so big from the outside!"

"Well maybe we didn't see the whole of the building from where we were standing."

"Either that of they're also using that aug-reality tech from the game we played yesterday. I-I really wish that's what it is!"

Tikal grabed Skye's hand and didn't let go.

----------------------------------------------

"A nice one it seems." Said Red."I take it you are paying."

-----------------------------------------------

glen aimed, and Shot straight everytime."Yes, i still got it."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I do hope you are right ." Said Locke.

"It's possible. Certainly would be a twist," said Hope

-------

"Of course. With my salary I couldn't justify not paying."

"A twist? This is more than a twist!" gasped Melody.

"Just keep holding on," Skye said to Tikal as he flew along the corridor after the others. "Where's the exit?"

"I... uh...." Anna began saying, "I could... uh... maybe... get us all out of here?"

-----------------

"Hey, nice shooting!"

"No. We're completing this the hard way. Well, I am. If you want to teleport out that's fine too."

"Not the best, but still trying." Said Glen, readying himself for the second wave.

------------------------------------

"Wouldn't that be dangerous to make our own exit like that?" Said Tikal., still holding Skye's hand.

--------------------------------------

"That's nice f you." Said Red, smiling .

"Anna can teleport, so it would be safe" Skye explained to Tikal.

"As long as your comments about us actually being on a station are wrong, yes w-we'll do this properly," said Melody. "But if we are on a s-station, we're getting off ASAP!" She looked back. "Oh &%@£! Whatever they are, they're gaining-OW!" Melody winced as Anna had slapped her on the back of the head. "Wha?"

"Mom doesn't like it when we swear!"

Skye began giggling.

--------------

"Good luck," said Ziona to Glen as the next targets appeared.

Glen shot again, but almost missed, as the target wents a bit faster."Guess that was a close one, eh?" Said Glen, proud of himself.

-----------------------------------------------

Tikal looked at skye "You should be careful, or you might be sharig the same fate."

"I really hope you're right!" said Melody. "WHERE'S THE WAY OUT?"

"I wasn't laughing about that," said Skye, "just at how much we're already acting like-WHOA!" Skye had to doge suddenly as the side of one of the corridors burst open and... something... came out.

----------------

"Careful. They really don't want you to win!"

"Well, this is the last wave, So I better not miss ! " Said Glen.

----------------------------------

Tikal looked at ..the thing. Then promptly took skye with her and they ran to the other side . of the room.

"Stay behind me Tikal," said Skye, stepping between her and the creatures. He realised that they were blocking off the corridor in and out.

"Wait... Skye... he's not following," said Anna.

---------------

Ziona clasped her hands together hopefully.

"Anyway, I thought your main focus would be Red and your children. Why aren't you with them?"

"Now might be a good time for a teleport Anna," said Melody as she began to turn back.

"I'd... uh... I'd rather not... unless I really have to..." Anna unsteadily replied.

"My main focus is around all the people I care about." Said Loocke."I care deeply for these children, But If I show myself overprotective, I Don't think it would help either..... As for Red, I think she is good hands with crowley.." He smiled."A bit of freedom would be nice from time to time, don't you think? And I'm not talking about me."

----------------------------------

It was the last target. Glen was about to shoot, then he remembered something , In his zone, the Fairground entertainer was always cheating on the last one. Directly shooting at the target wouldn't do squat. And even if he was on another zone, he really doubted of the Honnesty of the man there.

Glen held his breath, aimed a bit beneath the target , and shot.

The bullet hit the mechanism instead of the target, making the target fall down like the other.Glen's prediction was right."Well, looks like you owe me A plush mister. I think it was a giant raccoon , right?"

"I don't think so mister." "Here we go again. Looks, I shot down all the target, just give me the plush so I can leave and we both can go back to our usual lives.

"No, because you didn't shot down the last target." "I did , everyone around saw that .hell, it's even Down with the other, Look !"

"You mean, this target , here ?" As the echidna talked, another target appeared out of nowhere

"Well, it's still there , see ?and since you ran out of bullet...."

The echidna couldn't finish his sentence, as glen's sidearm went out and shot the last target to pieces . Fortunaly, the weapon was slienced, so people would dismiss this as another shot in the gallery.

"You were saying? "

"Fine, get your freaking raccoon And get out of here ." Said The man, handing out the Raccoon." You freaking Dark legion bastard."

Glen turned back toward the man, giving him a serious look."I ain't a dark legionnaire anymore. So it's 'Freaking bastard' for you." He holstered his sidearm." Now ,Be happy I just shot down one of your target; you can still keep on cheating the others if you feel like it. Have fun." finished Glen as he walked away, with Zionna's price in hand. "Here you go."

"You bastard." Muttured the man."I'll get you for this, I'll get you alright .just you wait."

---------------------------------------

"A real gentleman by any other name, right crowley?" Said Red.

"Caring is knowing when to be there, and when not to be there."

"No! There must be another way that doesn't involve teleporting," said Hope desperately.

------

"I'm sure there are plenty of people who would choose a far more different way to describe me."