The Jest

Role-Play Mania v2.0

62312 posts in this topic

"As long as Anna doesn't find out, it should be fine," said Skye.

-------------------

"I... don't really know how to use a gun, so..." said Anna.

"Oh, don't worry about that," said Melody, taking Anna by the hand and heading into the main lounge.

"Kid's trip to the amusement park! Who's coming?" she called out.

"Exactly. I have no intention of letting her find out."

Hope walked over and stood next to Melody.

Skye nodded at Shadow. "Well, I guess I've now way out of this," he muttered too himself as he stood up and walked over to the group. His eyes glanced over Anna's arms, wondering what Locke had been on about,. Then he saw.

'Holy &*@£!,' he thought to himself, 'I can see her wrists!'

Ziona looked wistfully at the group.

"Good luck," said Shadow.

Hope walked up to Ziona, seeing her wistful expression.

"What's wrong Ziona?"

"Nothing's really wrong Hope," replied Ziona. "I'm just a little jealous of you lot. But go on, have a great time."

"Thanks for the offer Hope, but I've got a head in height and at least 3 years on the lot of you. I can't really call myself a 'kid' anymore. Besides, I think I'd just get in the way."

Dylan looked at the group then turned to Locke

"It looks like things are going to work out fine"

"Wellll... I'm not sure, but it's best if I don't go." Ziona knelt down and whispered to Hope. "Unless you want someone to escape with if the time displaced sisters start getting a little too weird."

"I think that might be nice. I'm fine with Melody, but I'm kinda worried about Mina," she whispered back.

"Worried? You think she's just faking?" whispered back Ziona.

"I don't think she's faking. But she might be a tad unstable. And if Miles makes an appearence, things might end badly."

Ziona looked over at Anna, who was rubbing her wrists as if uncomfortable about them. "Yeah, you might be right. I'm afraid there's something I need to do first, at GUN HQ actually, but once I'm done there I'll join you. I think I might need some cheering up. Is that okay?"

"Yeah sure that's fine. Shadow or Crowley can get you over there in a flash. Unless you fancy walking."

"From here to the UF? I think I'll take the teleporters!" laughed Ziona. "The rest of you don't might if I join later do you?" she asked.

"Not at all," replied Melody. Anna shook her head.

Skye, meanwhile, was looking a bit concerned. Not only was there the weirdness of his new sister, but his 'guard' was going to be joining later. And, as he'd just realised, he was the only boy in a quite large group of girls.

"Well come on then everyone, lets not hang around!" called Melody.

"Can we at least have breakfast first?" asked Skye.

"We can get breakfast there. I'm thinking we find a waffle stand. C'mon!" Melody headed for the door, still pulling Anna by the hand, whose face had lit up at the mention of 'waffles'.

Ziona headed over to Shadow. "Would either you or Crowley be able to take me to see Zet?" she asked

Hope followed after Melody.

"Certainly," he said, holding her hand and using Chaos Control to arrive outside the medical bay at GUN HQ.

Given the hotel was right next to the park it didn't take them long to reach it. Anna looked around in amazement, though seemed a little ill at ease in the crowd.

"Okay, waffles first, then what do we do?" asked Melody to the rest.

"I... I don't know," said Anna, still gazing around, "I've never..." she trailed off.

"Ditto!" said Skye.

-------------

"Thanks Shadow," said Ziona as she heading into the medical bay. Zet was sitting up in bed, and turned to face her as he heard the door open.

"You do know the kid we came to arrest came to see me before you did?" Zet joked.

"Good idea Hope. Right, everyone, keep your eyes peeled for..."

"Over there," called Skye, pointing.

"Brilliant! I'm famished!," said Melody with a grin, running just a little too fast to be natural towards the waffle stand. Anna held back, still looking around.

"So many people.... here together but... smiling and having fun..." She jumped a little as Skye placed a hand on her shoulder.

"Sorry. You okay?" he asked. Anna turned and Skye was surprised to see she was smiling.

"Yeah Skye. I'm... I'm really looking forward to this."

--------------

"I see your sense of humor's returned, you must be getting better," commented Ziona as she walked over to Zet bed.

"Hmph. So why did you take so long? Not like you to do so."

"You know the reason Zet. I'm sorry."

"Bosses want to haul my ass in, eh?" he asked. Ziona nodded.

Anna began heading towards the waffle stand, then turned back to face Skye.

"Skye... Do you... do you think I can manage this? Put everything behind me... lead a normal life?"

Skye looked around, then looked Anna straight in the eyes.

"Anna, before Locke... rescued me, I came within seconds of wiping this Zone from existence. And even besides that, I've too much blood on my hands. Do I feel guilty? Yes, oh hell yes. But I'm managing to fit in here, to make a life, and atone for what I did. As long as you want this, you'll be able to do it." Skye was a little surprised at himself for opening up that much, but Anna seemed reassured.

"Hey, Anna, Skye! C'mon! Waffle time!" called Melody as she started tucking into her breakfast. Anna once more headed towards the stand. Skye remained where he was, thinking.

-------------

"What about Zave? Is she?" asked Zet.

"She's at the 'assisting with inquires' stage," explained Ziona. Zet gulped.

"I have to get back,"

"Zet, your badly hurt, and you can't..."

"Zave is in trouble, and the longer I'm a no-show, the worse it will be." Zet sighed. "Call it in Ziona, you know you have to."

-------------

Miles made his way through the crowds, no one seeming to notice him. The spell he'd cast wasn't actual indivisibility, it just meant people wouldn't notice him, unless he did something out of the ordinary, like fly. And, of course, those who knew him had a chance to see through it even if he was standing stock still, so Miles still needed to be careful.

He closed his eyes briefly to concentrated on the tracking spell. As Mina had left him her bracers, it had been easy to use them as the focus of a spell to track her down. Though, Miles was concerned at how quickly the bond between Mina and the bracers had weakened, considering how much a part of her they'd been. She was close now, Miles was certain.

Then he caught a glimpse of her. Moving carefully through the crowd, he was a little surprised to see that Mina's hair had returned to its normal colour. Then she turned, and to Miles' surprise, he saw it wasn't Mina, but another almost identical girl.... hell, he'd almost go as far as to say sister, except he knew Mina didn't have a sister, and if she did she wouldn't have the same black fur.

Mina then appeared, walking over to the other black furred mongoose. The two seemed to know each other.

"Okay Anna, what do you want?" he heard the other girl say, and when Mina responded, he realised just who 'Anna' was.

"I.. I don't believe it..." Miles exclaimed quietly. "They've re-written your whole personality. I never though Prime Zoners would stoop to that kind of thing. Are you still in there Mina?"

Hope got her waffles and gleefully began to eat them. As she did so, she reached into her pocket to ensure she still had the small device from earlier with her. Feeling its familiar, she breahted a sigh of relief and continued to enjoy her breakfast.

Shadow walked over to Ziona and Zet.

"If you're calling it in, you might want to mention Zet had help. Maybe that'll keep them from bringing the book down on him."