The Jest

Role-Play Mania v2.0

62312 posts in this topic

(Ooc: Alright, so no grand final until Eggman's involving is found. that's good, Zionna really needed some peace of mind. Now let's move on!)

(ooc: As such, I'm gonna guess Tikal didn't say her line.)

Melody gave a nod of thanks to Shadow, but couldn't bring herself to look him in the eye. She took Hope's hand. "Here we go again!"

"Living with a shadow?" asked Mina. "What exactly do you mean by that?"

"Ok everyone," called Skye "Cave to the right, or exit the forest ahead? What do people think?"

"Keep going," called Melody. "We're probably faster than the big thing!"

--------------------

"That's easy. Daddy's gonna take Zave and me to see lotsa new Zones. It's gonna be real fun!"

"Let's head for the cave. At least it gives us some protection from whatever that thing is."

"Really? now that sound awesome !" Said Glen happily."That's the kind of thing a kid would really enjoy."

-----------------------------------------

"I'm affraid I cannot explain at the moment, what's with all these trouble happenning right now."

The two kids glanced at each other, and decided to defer to Shadow judgement. They headed into the cave, catching their breath.

"Okay, what now?" asked Melody.

"I'd prefer not to wait Red," said Mina as she also headed into the cave. "Things are confusing enough already without you holding out on me."

---------------

"C'mon, who wouldn't enjoy zone exploring? You don't need to be a kid to find it fun, right?"

"Ok now keep quiet, we don't want to attract any more attention." Shadow then looked into the cave, which seemed to go on for quite a bit. "Well at least we don't seem to be trapped in here," he muttered.

"I'm not really holding out things. After all, don't we all have our own shadows to live with?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Well, Exploring is fun, But doing as a kid is better."

"Ok, so.... Why are we in this dream, and more importantly, how do we get out?" asked Skye in a whisper.

Mina raised an eyebrow at Red. "I don't remember you being this cryptic. And I've NO shadows thank you very much," Mina protested just too forcefully.

------------------

"I guess it might be? I dunno do I. But when I grow up I'm gonna be an explorer, so I'll tell you then."

"We're here because someone wants us to be. It's unlikely Mina would voluntarily jump into my head. It must be some sort of area of effect... magic perhaps? Or some sort of machine emitting an energy?" thought Shadow out loud.

Skye took one of his gloves off, stuck his finger in his mouth, then held it up as if testing for the direction of the wind.

"It doesn't FEEL like a magical world. Of course, we are talking about dreams here, so we can't rule it out, but I can't sense any magic beyond normal, so it's not likely."

"I see. Then that means it's probably technology, which makes me think of Eggman, but combining dream worlds doesn't seem his style, especially when things were so pleasant up until now. Maybe some nut got a hold of his technology. Or perhaps it's some ancient echidna technology that said nut stole."

"As for me, I kinda do have one." Said Red.

-----

"You are saying that someone is using some sort of machine to make us dream ?" Said Tikal,

-------

"You sure will big girl, you sure will." Said Glen.

"Yep, you've got it Tikal," said Skye putting his arm round her shoulder. "I don't think it'll be Echidna tech. That's stuff advanced, but I don't think dreamworld advance. I could be wrong, but unless Locke is somewhere in this dream we've no way of knowing. But whatever it is, it's trying to stop us getting out."

"Wait! That means the way out might be were that monster came from. it was trying to chase us away!" suggested Melody.

"Really Red?" asked Mina. "Care to share?"

----------------------

"Yeah, I will. But I'm gonna stop dancing now. I'm getting thirsty!"

"Ok then. So does anyone want to volunteer to test that theory?" asked Shadow, to which everyone seemed to respond by looking at him.

"Locke ?" Said Tikal."Well, If we are all here, maybe he must be in here , somewhere .... We just have to find him!"

------------

"Hum, If what tikal said happen to be true, Maybe you won't have to wait too long for it." said Red.

------------

"Maybe I'll get something too ."

"What on Moebius do you mean Red? This is getting more confusing by the second! Oh, I give up. It's a dream. It's all random. Let's just get out of here!"

"So, uh, how about two teams? The three fast people try and outrace the monster. The rest of us search for Locke," suggested Skye.

------------------

"Okay, c'mon." said Ziona as she headed to where the drinks were laid out.

"Oh no! I am not letting Locke into my head. Besides, we don't need his help anyway," said an irritated Shadow.

Melody walked defiantly up to Shadow and hissed in his ear.

"This isn't just your head Shadow. I started out in my dream, and spent some time in Hope's, and Skye was in Tikal's. The only reason I'm not shouting this at you is so Mother doesn't overhear that Skye and I are actually real. So Locke won't be going into your head, more like everyone will be going to his. Now stop complaining or I'll get Skye to warp this dreamscape to HIS mind!"

Shadow glowered at Melody. "That may be true, but it doesn't mean we need his help."

"Well why don't you consider something else then. You, me, Skye, Mother, Red, Hope... all of us are actually here. What about Rouge? She seems a little... docile, don't you think?" Melody's face had twisted into a sneer. "So if she is the fake, where's the real one? Oh, never mind, we won't need her help. We can just let her rot in the dream."

(ooc: Melody? Seriously? What the hell are you doing girl?)

"I see your point," he said begrudgingly. "So I best get to meeting up with her."

"Can I have some attention a moment," Dylan asked. "It seems to me that there are some missing. I would suggest trying to get everyone together before escaping. I could try to look around if you want"

Mina saw Melody somehow persuade Shadow, and walked over next to her.

"You've gotta teach me how to do that," she joked.

Skye listened to Dylan's communication. "He's right. We need to find who else is in here and bring them all together. Then we'll have a better chance of making our way out. Especially if there's something strange about this link and if we don't exit together those left behind end up in comas. It seems to be easy to move from one dream to another, I think you just need to want to do so."

(OOC: My friends... And rouge.)

"Delicious, This drink is delicious." Said Glen. "But I have question : You said That someone was coming with you and your father?"

---------------------------------------------------

"Ah... it's a long night." Said Red."Alright, here is my point of view people : we try to get as much people as we can, we try to find out what the so called monster is doing, and we take down who or what ever might be being all this."

"We need to find out who exactly we are looking for. Who got pulled into this dream world. Then look around for them. Perhaps a clue might be in what exactly they want.

Also, I'm not sure how relevant the monster is, it could just be there to slow us down from escaping. There could be more everywhere"

(ooc: If the dream is trying to stop us from escaping, does that mean the dream people will be as well?)