The Jest

Role-Play Mania v2.0

62312 posts in this topic

"You stole my powers and nearly killed a Zone Cop, and then threatened to come to my world and murder my friends. I had little choice but to try and remedy my mistake. So don't lecture me on ethics."

Mina looked at Red. "Well, yeah, that's what happened, but..." she turned towards Shadow. "I was copying your powers Shadow. Copying! Not stealing. And the Zone Cop and threats didn't come until after you tried to shoot me and Miles down!"

Melody didn't know where to look, so sat down on the ground, overwhelmed. Mina hurried over to her and hugged her tightly, and Melody responded in kind.

"You took that which did not belong to you, ergo, you stole them. I couldn't trust you with powers such as mine."

Maria clung to Rouge and looked at Shadow with horror. She had no idea of this side of him.

Mina looked up and glowered at Shadow, still holding Melody tightly.

"We agreed on the payment before hand. If you couldn't trust me, then why did you agree to the deal in the first place?"

"The plan was to knock you out then leave. That's how spooks get things done. Unfortunately it didn't go that way. So what are you going to now, huh?"

Red had enough."THE BOTH OF YOU , SHUT UP BEFORE I TAKE ACT. And mina knows that I don't do it often." Red's was cold."All i see right now are two adults, with power and responsabilties like none other , acting like spoiled children ..." Red kept on."Your greedyness could be your downfall Mina, And your tendency to use violence could lead to your own too shadow. In both case , do you know what you'd be leaving behind ?Children ." Red showed them ." Do you see ? these children, they trusted you, they loved you.... Is this the exemple you want to give them ? IS THIS WHAT YOU WANT , THE BOTH OF YOU? I'm not saying that you could magically become friends, but at least ... could you stop this ? they don't deserve to be part of it."

"Melody and Hope? Dylan asked. "Sure, they're in the middle of a forest. Melody at least seems to be getting overwhelmed by Shadow and Mina. Red's there too."

"Great... Wait... Mom and Shadow. Uh oh... Can you tell us how to reach them?"

---------------

There were actual tears on Mina's face now, and she held onto Melody even tighter. "You're right. I didn't come here to fight, I came here for my daughter." She broke off the hug, stood up, and placed her arm around Melody's shoulder. "C'mon. Let's find your brother. Knowing him, he's probably worried sick about you." Mina turned to leave, then paused and turned back.

"Hope... You're Melody's friend, and friends are important. I might not trust Shadow, but I'm not going to do anything to come between your and Melody's friendship." She then leaned over to Red and whispered in her ear.

"If anything happens to me Red, promise you'll look after the kids for me."

--------------

"Ain't... Ain't you having fun Glen? You don't really sound like you are."

"Very well then. And Melody, I'm sorry, for what it's worth. Which isn't much at this point I'm sure," said Shadow.

Hope managed to choke out a reply whilst crying.

"Thank you Mina."

"Me ? I'm having fun ." Said Glen.

------------

Red said Nothing at first "I'll try my best."

Melody managed to nod at Shadow's apology.

"I'll see you soon Hope. I swear!" she weakly called to her friend.

Mina nodded at Red's reply. "Thank you. I know you will."

----------------

"Oh! I thought, it kinda sounded like you weren't."

"I need to find you first," Dylan said. "There you are! Right. it's not that far away. Just keep heading in the general direction your facing and you should come to the start of the forest soon. The good news is things seem to be breaking up without violence right now."

"How are things going Skye ?" Asked Tikal.

-------------

Red didn't know what to do. Staying with shadow, or joining Mina? So many decisions...

--------------

"Don't say such a thing cutie!" Said Glen."I'm fine so far, And I appreciatr everything you are doing so far."

"Okay, we're on our way," said Skye. "Keep in touch." He took a deep breath and turned to Tikal.

"Not sure if you heard that Tikal, but Mom and Melody have met Shadow and Red. So we should try and meet up and see what's happening."

---------------------

"Red? Are you coming?" asked Mina. "I could use a friend after..." Suddenly her eyes widened. "Whoa, hey! Just a minute. What are a group of Prime Zoner's doing on Moebius?" she asked, more confused than anything else.

------------

"Okay, that's good. But if you ain't having fun just say. You've done your share of dancing!"

"This is a dream. Yet somehow I don't think Hope and Melody are mere reflections of themselves in my mind." Shadow gave a heavy sigh. "Great, the sanctity of my mind has been invaded."

"Alright then." Said Tikal.

-------------

"Fine shadow." Said Red" Don't worry about it too much mina . don't worry about it..." before joining her friend.

-----------

"Don't worry, If i'm not amused enough, I'll complain." Said Glen.

"I'm feeling ready to go again," said Skye, offering Tikal his hand once more.

--------------

"Did you say 'dream' Shadow?" asked Melody. "Aww "*@%^! I, uh, sorry Red. But that means, everything that happened here... My coronation..."

"This, this can't be a dream can it?" asked Mina. "But that would explain why there's a gap in my memories. That means.... that means my children aren't real..." she slumped down.

------------

Ziona laughed. "Good, good. How long has it been since you were at a proper birthday party?"

"Yes, this is a dream. Why else would Maria... be with me?" he said, being sure not to talk too loudly to upset Maria, who was stood with Rouge just out of earshot.

"Why are you reacting to this Mina? As part of this dreamscape surely you would assure me I'm going insane. Unless you're really here too. Or perhaps not. I don't know how these things work."

"I guess that explains all of the strange goings on," sobbed Hope

"Hope...." Red Couldn't help but feeling bad for the poor child .... But she knew that it would be worse for Melody....

-----------

"Thank you " Said tikal , as she took Skye's hand .

----___----

"My guess ? The last birthday party I had Wouldn't be something i'd like to talk about. And mostly because you are way to young for that."

"Okay Let's go." Skye set his tails whirring again and they took off, moving swiftly towards the forest.

---------------

Melody was trying to put a brave face on what she just learned. She felt crushed, but Hope was looking distraught, so for her sake Melody tried not to let her own sadness show. She began walking to Hope and was just about to say something when Mina spoke up.

"Of course I'm here Shadow. I'm not just the figment of someone imagination!" she almost screamed.

Melody's eyes widened. "Uh Oh!"

-----------------

"Why do grown-up's always say that?" asked a curious Ziona. "Why are we always 'too young' for stuff?"

Shadow wasn't particularly surprised. "Thanks for the info Mina. Come here to finish off your dirty work then?"

"Actually, no Shadow," said Mina, her form being to change from a 40-something back to a teenager. Melody watched with growing fear. "I never intended to kill you. Me and Miles were just curious about the whole scheme you had concocted. There seems to be more to it than just an assassination. So I came to find out what."