The Jest

Role-Play Mania v2.0

62312 posts in this topic

"Oh, Melody just got her first fan . I know she is adorable , but that fast ?Anyways , what were you doing with Skye over there ? I suppose it's about this "immortality thing" Skye has in mind...."

"Sorry Locke. It's classified. If I told you, I'd have to kill you." replied Shadow with a chuckle.

"Shadow, with all the things you have seen so far,I should be the one killing you ." Said Locke smiling . "So, would you kindly?"

"No Dad, it's nothing to do with immortality," said Skye, as his ears gave a slight twitch.

"Your ears are twitching . That's adorable . Too bad it also mean you are lying Skye ." Locke was smiling ."In time of peace, The son bury the father . " "And in time of war , the father bury the son." locke sighed. "I cannot stop you from following your dream, as crazy as they can be. But I hope it won't take you to far away from us..."

"Relax Locke there's no danger to Skye. If there were I wouldn't give him what needs to do it."

"I wish , I wish ..... But wishes don't get us food on the table ... I cannot really stop him, but so many

died following such a dream ...I just care about him, And I know that on the contrary of knucles ,If I loose him, I won't see him anymore ...."

"He isn't trying to become immortal himself. Besides, we know it's possible. I'm living proof of that. All we have to do is discover what exactly causes the immortality, and if and how it can be replicated and transferred to someone else. With proper testing beforehand the risk can be minimised. The real difficulty is keeping it under wraps. I don't want people begging left right and centre for my immortality."

"Because they weren't already ? anyways with machines one is technicallly immortal "

"It also makes you reliant on them. A good ol EMP will quickly remove that false immortality. Plus there's the fact that if you're powered by machines, you're a cyborg, you aren't really living, you're on life support, and your appearence would reflect that. It's not the same as being biologically immortal."

"Hence the "technically " Shadow. We , as guardian , are also immortal , but only in souls ; When we die , Our soul gies to the master emerald so we can become one with it's pure energy ... It's ... Something..."

"Look on the bright side. You still get to be with your friends again, even if yoy are just ethereal orbs in an emerald. I have the curse of outliving everyone I know, unless I'm killed beforehand."

"No Shadow , just my felliw guardians. I don't know about the others. And no, we are not orbs. We keep a more physical form ."

"I know it's just the guardians. That's what I'm saying. I assume you are at least acquaintences with at least one of them."

Yes but then again .... that lean I won't see anyone else. Including Skye, and melody....

"I see what you mean. An unfortunate situation. I can clock out any time I want to. You don't get that choice."

"You know , Let's just speak about something else ... even at my age, As an echidna , I still have way more time than many other ... my great grand father must be at least 200 year

old or something . So don't worry about me dying anytime soon Shadow."

Skye had remained quiet during the exchange between Shadow and Locke about the losses they would feel when people around them died.

"And this is why I'm doing it," he whispered to himself.

"A world without natural death can lead to far worse situations than a world with it. I'd rather not continue this discussion here. It's rsther grim for what is supposed to be a joyous day at the beach. We can discuss philosophy later."

Skye continued to mutter for a bit. "Anyway I don't think I;d managed immortally. Extended life yes, but... What was that? Oh, yes, beach! Hold on one second!" Skye rushed off to buy a bucket and spade.

"Speaking of the beach, did you pack my stuff Rouge?" "Yes, I've got your inflatable ring and a beachball." "Excellent. I look forward to throwing it at people from the water."

"The ring or the beachball?" Skye asked Shadow as he came back with his new beach toys.

"The ball. The ring means I can float at a safe distance from the shore. Don't want people taking revenge. There's no fun in that."

*Arrives back wearing a beach T-shirt, shorts and a pair of sunglasses on his head and carrying a bag with the clothes he had been wearing along with some new ones*

So, are we ready to go?

"But, heh heh, then how do you get you're ball," Skye started to giggle, "back? It's no fun if you just," Skye's giggles became more intense and he struggled to keep talking, "teleport to where the ball landed." Skye gave up talking and broke down in a laughing fit with the image of Shadow wearing an infaltible ring. In Skye's mind, it had a smiling duck head.

Melody walked over, shaking her head at her brother.

"Yeah, we're read to go Dylan. Like the new look!"