Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ChaosKaiser

Sonic Prime (Netflix Series)

6 posts in this topic

So we know the title (Sonic Prime), we know it's supposed to be released this year, 2022 (if it's not delayed or downright CANCELLED, since Netflix isn't going through its best moment), and now we also know how the main character will look (and sound, new voice actor apparently): 

Aaaaaand we've known the synopsis from quite some time:

"Sonic will be thrusted into a high-speed adventure, through the strange and mysterious Shatterverse. It's up to Sonic to save the universe and along the way experience moments of self-discovery and redemption."

Sonic Prime is a thing that exists. Now we know it does. It's real. What do you think?

On 5/8/2022 at 10:17 PM, ChaosKaiser said:

Sonic Prime is a thing that exists. Now we know it does. It's real. What do you think?

I mean, we've known about that for a while now.

Well, I'm personally not a huge fan of how the animation is looking so far. Not at all. Also, WHY does it always have to start with Green Hill Zone? God, please, can't Sonic find another place to hang out? Well, that applies to most Sonic works, not just this series, I'm just really tired of people overusing Green Hill Zone like that. It was cool and nostalgic for some time, but now it's just become annoying and repetitive. 

Well, can't say much else about this whole Sonic Prime thing for now, let's see where it goes.

1 person likes this

I'm not very big on most of the Sonic shows in general, so I am uncertain if I would actually watch this. I will at least give it this, it is taking the setting a little bit past the norm.

17 hours ago, yumallah said:

I mean, we've known about that for a while now.

Well, I'm personally not a huge fan of how the animation is looking so far. Not at all. Also, WHY does it always have to start with Green Hill Zone? God, please, can't Sonic find another place to hang out? Well, that applies to most Sonic works, not just this series, I'm just really tired of people overusing Green Hill Zone like that. It was cool and nostalgic for some time, but now it's just become annoying and repetitive. 

Well, can't say much else about this whole Sonic Prime thing for now, let's see where it goes.

I personally don't care about Green Hill returning. It is annoying to always see it, sure, but it has a distinct aesthetic that is associated with Sonic, and there really isn't much better options. I also just sort of see it as what generic plains and areas look like, given how many times it appears in often inconsistent areas. I personally am of the opinion that sonic should have more planets and locales visited. It already used to have soft, mild influences from sci-fi as it is, and we've seen they are able to do it with Colors and CD, even if those were just Earth-like and not THAT different.

1 person likes this

Im pretty excited for this series after the newer trailers that've been released. I like how theyre actually making a good action instead of a kids comedy like Sonic Boom. Despite me being way to old to enjoy it as much, I did binge through all of it. I hope this will take an ever so slightly lore-based curve like Sonic X. I'm trying so hard not to hold my breath, but as a fan I actually am a little excited. 
stick-figure-funny.gif

So, has anyone watched this yet? If so, what do you think? Is it good or not? I've heard it is, but haven't watched myself (feel free to spoil it for me tho, not really planning on watching it anytime soon because I simply do not have the time).

So, after three seasons, Sonic Prime has ended.

And to me it was... okay? 

The action scenes were pretty solid, character models were very expressive, I loved that. But the plot... mehhhhh... There were some interesting ideas here and there, but the resolution of the last conflict was way too fast, and the last season could be described as a veeeeery long fight scene. 

To me, the highlights of the show have been Nine and the Amy variants (yep, I'm still an Amy fan, some things never change), as well as Shadow, who started being this dry Vegeta knock-off but had a character arc of understanding Sonic and teaming up with him by the end. 

Another TV show with cool animation, nice ideas, but not that great execution of many of them. New characters added to the Sonic Multiverse (albeit being alternate versions of preexisting heroes) and, hopefully, an entry point for new fans.