Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Geoffrey St John

Suggestions please

13 posts in this topic

Recently I have been promoted to admin and I plan to make a few changes here. I created this thread to give all the members here a chance to make a suggestion on what they would like to change. It could be moving a section to a different place or an idea for a new section. I look forward to all your suggestions.

Well... I would like the statuses changed so that
1: they don't forward me to the user's page every time I post there
2: They show the whole message or at least indicate if there's more to the status than what's shown (for example, your recent status pointing out this topic doesn't show the link to here
3: They don't go across the screen, they're just to side like they used to be

Another thing I would like is for there to be a way to not get both a messages notification and a notifications notification every time someone PMs me. I don't need 2... actually... 3 things telling me I have a PM (since emails also sends me a notification). In settings there is a bar that would let people change that but it's greyed out. I only need a messages notification. And I'm pretty sure most people only need 1 notification

------------------------

Also guys, do feel free to put any ideas you have at all, even if they're minor. It would be good to see what everyone thinks

Well, was wondering if maaaaaaybe possibly we could use titles again. It’s okay if we can’t but I thought it’d be cool if we could. :) 

^I'd like to see titles back too.

I've mentioned wanting to make a more dedicated RP Games area, give we have several RP games scattered around, and it's a bit messy, and confusing for anyone who doesn't know the system.

I also would like it if it didn't take oneself to a user's page when I comment on someone's status. It's slightly annoying.

My suggestions for a layout change - 

Keep Site Discussion, Sonic the Hedgehog and Misc Sections mostly as they are.

Create a new Section called 'Creative Corner' or similar which will contain the Sonic Fan Works, the General Art Thread, and the Writers Block.

Create another new section for the Role-Playing games, which will contain the Role-Player games section, the Free-Play Section, and the Role-Play Games Zone, plus some renaming to make things more clear.

Move Party Games into Misc.

1 person likes this

I like those ideas.

The forum has now been reconstructed.  For those looking, Party games are now in Misc, all Art and other creative endeavours are in the Creative Corner, and art has it's own section now.  And there is now a dedicated Role Playing section with some new games.

I was unable to do anything about the status bar. If anyone wants a new member title please contact me personally to receive one since that is the only way I could find to give any out. I have also made it so members are free to edit their notification settings to remove any kind they wish.

I was unable to do anything about the status bar

RIP old status bar. You will be missed

On the plus side, you can now manually change the notification settings for PM messages now.

It got automatically turned off for me. Only thing I've changed is getting an email notification again because I find that somewhat useful at times

I will look into this again when I am home.