teamrandom21

If the Archie Sonic series ends

10 posts in this topic

This question is probably going to get under the skin of mods and others on here, but I have to ask it. If Archie basically loses the license to do Sonic comics, do you believe that it will go on unofficially like with sonic the comic?  

For me, I think the answer is obvious. Archie's Sonic series has just as big, if not bigger following as Sonic The Comic, and I can see if not Ian Flynn, fans doing what there doing now with lost hedgehog tales, banding together to make it happen or go on. I wouldn't mind this either cause as you know, and as mods have pointed out I'm one of those people who doesn't really let go of the old world, but if the comic goes on unofficially, whoever is in charge can do whatever they want, bringing back certain characters included. 

Sorry if this seems negative but I had to ask, and to be fair this seems very possible if the series were ever to die, given the small but still large fan base for it. What are your thoughts guys? Would this seem very likely to happen if the comics go? Comment below your thoughts.

*Sighs* It's not that these get under my skin. It's just there's soooooooooooooo many negative ones like this. It doesn't feel like that long ago when you asked how long do we think it'll last which is pretty similar. Can I suggest that you try and use one of the other topics to ask these questions? We seem to have a lot of dead topics similar to this

As for my thoughts: no because Archie have other comics to do so they won't do it. Other people might. But who knows

*Sighs* It's not that these get under my skin. It's just there's soooooooooooooo many negative ones like this. It doesn't feel like that long ago when you asked how long do we think it'll last which is pretty similar. Can I suggest that you try and use one of the other topics to ask these questions? We seem to have a lot of dead topics similar to this

As for my thoughts: no because Archie have other comics to do so they won't do it. Other people might. But who knows

hey sorry dylan but there's not much to talk about other then when the next issue is gonna come out, and I know which road i'm going down if i do that. Also at least give me credit for using proper grammar

teamrandom21 is maybe right, like, they stopped Sonic Boom and Mega Man, Sonic Boom was at only 11 issues!

Sonic Boom was a side thing. Megaman was put on hiatus for different things to be done

It probably won't happen for a while the way it's going

Sonic Boom was a side thing. Megaman was put on hiatus for different things to be done

I'll have to agree with you on that.

Sorry team random ;D

Me and a lot of people at the megaman forum at Capcom Unity thinking it's going on hiatus to fit in with the new megaman cartoon's timeline so basically the series is getting rebooted just like Sonic but for different reason.

Well, I'm still new to the comics, but wouldn't they run into legal difficulties should they continue it unofficially? 

Then again, I'm used to DC comics who will sue anyone every anything, so... 

(it's nice to know that people know each other well here and civility is present even when people are annoyed or something. :D deffo an atmosphere I was hoping for. ;) )

But since I'm mostly ignorant to this stuff, is Archie in "danger" of losing the license or is this just "what if" talk?

So far it's just 'what if' talk, brought about by recent events that do make it a potential possibility.

1 person likes this

Well, I'm still new to the comics, but wouldn't they run into legal difficulties should they continue it unofficially? 

That depends Sonic the comics is continuing unofficially for years and nobody sue them yet because Sega just couldn't be bothered enough with a comic book series that not benefiting them or hurting them.