teamrandom21

Tails and Nicole for the comics?

14 posts in this topic

well this one may get me in some hot water with you guys, here me out on this one. (that and the mods and people on here do seem fairly nice so it's not like i'm going to get blasted with people saying horrible troll like things.)

Don't get me wrong, I see where the one moderator is coming from when he said it's best to just not have ships because people will be butt hurt, and what Ian flynn said about the fandom ship wars.

captain: sink that ship boy!

if flynn felt like it would be safe to ship in the comics again (unless it becomes a sega mandate), do you think tails x nicole should be cannon? I don't really see anyone else in the comics for tails now that fiona is gone for good (and though i ship her and tails it would have to be when tails is older and stuff, so in the future).

Wave is the same, and keep in mind nicole doesn't really have an age, as she is an computer, and she could possibly turn herself into tails age. there's no denying that, and nobody said it would be impossible. also there's a part of me hoping that there's some truth to tails begin part (i forget there name but there a fox with many tails and live for 1,000 of years) that would make things interesting since nicole could live as long as her programming is still running. and show of hands who would like to see tails a part of team dark? 

i raise my hand but nobody else does because you're all not here at the moment

ok then...so tell me guys, what do you think? should tails and nicole happen and be a thing like sonic and sally, or no.

Edited by teamrandom21

To put my thoughts very bluntly...

No, no, no, no, and NO!

Tails is a kid, and NICOLE's an AI. There is absolutely ZERO chance of this EVER becoming canon in the comic. Ian's already said that these kind of 'ships' won't happen, and Tails is prohibited from any non-SEGA relationships anyway.

I know it seems like I'm shooting down nearly every single suggestion you've had so far (and, in fairness, I have noticed myself doing that a lot lately), but they just never seem... realistic. I might be harsh in my wording of it, but I just need to get it out.

I apologise if this offends you, and I'll leave it at that.

To put my thoughts very bluntly...

No, no, no, no, and NO!

Tails is a kid, and NICOLE's an AI. There is absolutely ZERO chance of this EVER becoming canon in the comic. Ian's already said that these kind of 'ships' won't happen, and Tails is prohibited from any non-SEGA relationships anyway.

I know it seems like I'm shooting down nearly every single suggestion you've had so far (and, in fairness, I have noticed myself doing that a lot lately), but they just never seem... realistic. I might be harsh in my wording of it, but I just need to get it out.

I apologise if this offends you, and I'll leave it at that.

it's ok. I will say though that i'm still supporting it. sorry neo and ian flynn, but unless he decides to do wave x tails or brings back fiona fox it looks like the most shipped character of the fandom is gonna be single for a while, and that everyone in the sonic cannon will mind as well be asexual.

It's not a case of decides.  It's a case of what's allowed.  Besides, even if he did get shipped, then the game faction would argue with the comic faction.

Also.... HE'S EIGHT YEARS OLD!  He doesn't need to be shipped.  Most boy either don't care about girls, or think they have cooties at that age.

To be fair Skye... Tails is so shippable! ;P

Oh, I'm not arguing that.  I'm just saying it's not like he's in his mid-teens/twenties and looking for a relationship.  So it doesn't matter if he doesn't get one.

Oh, I'm not arguing that.  I'm just saying it's not like he's in his mid-teens/twenties and looking for a relationship.  So it doesn't matter if he doesn't get one.

Exactly as Skye-chan says... (also the fact that I ship Nicole and Espio) But mostly that.. Tails can have his romance later.

It's not a case of decides.  It's a case of what's allowed.  Besides, even if he did get shipped, then the game faction would argue with the comic faction.

Also.... HE'S EIGHT YEARS OLD!  He doesn't need to be shipped.  Most boy either don't care about girls, or think they have cooties at that age.

with an iQ of 300

IQ does not equal maturity.

IQ does not equal maturity.

i know. part of the reason why i get mad at people is because tails is 8, acting older then that. and when ever he ages (the comics when he at least made it to 12) something happens to keep the most shipped character in the fan base a single pringle. the closet he got was fiona and mina, and mina and tails didn't even have a background, and is one of the unliked ships because of how random and out of nowhere it happen, it's also a bit of a backfire on flynn and that other guy who used to have the mustache cause mina was older then tails, so what's the excuse for fiona x tails not begin cannon in 25 and 30 years later?

Of course there was no background with Mina and Tails, cause 25 years have past.  I.e. More the twice the time that Tails have been alive at that point.  Very few people marry their childhood sweetheart from when they were little kids.

Of course there was no background with Mina and Tails, cause 25 years have past.  I.e. More the twice the time that Tails have been alive at that point.  Very few people marry their childhood sweetheart from when they were little kids.

i'm still am kind of hoping Ian flynn had an encounter between tails and fiona. I still believe there was room for her to turn good and stuff. Besides that i think it's obvious that shard and nicole was gonna be a cannon thing if nothing happen unless shard got destroyed and nicole and tails got closer.

sighs not to get off topic and i know he's busy but i really can't wait till chapter 2 of lost hedgehog tales.

Agree with those!  Flynn has said that he didn't think Fiona was irredeemable, so it's likely something was in mind.  Just a shame we'll never see it in the comics themselves. 

Glad Flynn thought that. That and a part of me really wants to say he would have lesson to the fans (and even the mustache guy when he wasn't saying he wasn't respect the creators for some reason) about the ship. And if not immediately at least down the line.