13 posts in this topic

so just out of curiosity here, what do you guys think of Ian flynn as a writer? I like his writing but dispute what dylan says i still feel like somethings missing from it in the today comics. i also don't like reports of what he can and can't do with no if's and's or but's, but that's a whole other conversation.

tell me what you guys think

Better writer than Penders. Thats all I need to say

(Ps: this topic kimd of feels like a status convo when you start putting in what other members think before they say anything themselves. Please don't do that)

Better writer than Penders. Thats all I need to say

(Ps: this topic kimd of feels like a status convo when you start putting in what other members think before they say anything themselves. Please don't do that)

ok. and yeah i kind of agree. i like panders saying he wants the sonic universe to expand, but he never planned for fiona to turn bad which made sense at the time because of how she got treated and her past.

when he did/would have more creative control he would take the ball and run with it.

Better then today's writers for the games. 

Seriously do we need to get reminded of baldy mcnosehair sound like something nasty from McDonald.

I like his writing better than Penders or as I call him Pendorks...bad joke. Even after all that has happened Flynn is still trying his best.

I like his writing better than Penders or as I call him Pendorks...bad joke. Even after all that has happened Flynn is still trying his best.

I call him Pendesman because of a Doctor Who joke I saw

But I agree with you

yeah, i'll give flynn that. he has been giving his best, other wise i wouldn't be interested in the comics. 

All I know is that he thinks about the fans, and what they want.

why else would he do his "Lost Hedgehog Tales/Sonic Mobius" project?,
which details how the old universe would have gone had the whole Penders/Archie lawsuit never happened.

he didn't do this for profit. he has select people from DeviantART working on what is essentially a "webcomic"
no, It is obvious is true motivation is closure for the fans. giving them what they want, and expecting NOTHING in return.

I respect a man who is unselfish, and cares about the people who helped make him famous.

which details how the old universe would have gone had the whole Penders/Archie lawsuit never happened.

he didn't do this for profit. he has select people from DeviantART working on what is essentially a "webcomic"
no, It is obvious is true motivation is closure for the fans. giving them what they want, and expecting NOTHING in return.

I respect a man who is unselfish, and cares about the people who helped make him famous.

that is right. and i do recall (i forget it's name) but that he started off with a fan comic. He also when he can explains why he can't do things, like shipping which is because of the fandom's crazy shipping arguments 

that is right. and i do recall (i forget it's name) but that he started off with a fan comic. He also when he can explains why he can't do things, like shipping which is because of the fandom's crazy shipping arguments 

I learned a long time ago how to handle all those Shipping Wars: With Parallel Universes, *EVERYTHING* is technically Canon.

I learned that lesson after watching Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths.
where It was already explained billions of versions of the same exist in which every possible event and choice has already happened.

("With every decision, we create two worlds. One where we made a choice, and another..where we Didn't.")

even the Archie Comics themselves gave readers different variations of "the future"
even literally showing the world of MXXYL going through different alterations itself.

This is why I can be a SonicxAmy fan, yet have no problem with SonicxSally in the comics.
because It is all technically an Alternate Universe that exists in It's own continuity.

Canon and Fanon is relative. If I worked for Archie, all the stories that I have written would be Canon.
but, as I don't work for them, all my stuff is considered Fanon because the "powers-that-be" hasn't approved of It.

so, why make a fuss over what is "canon" or not?
when technically everything everything written already exists in some form or another.

If people would pay more attention to the "Parallel Earth" rules, than we'd live in a better world with no arguements.

1 person likes this

I learned a long time ago how to handle all those Shipping Wars: With Parallel Universes, *EVERYTHING* is technically Canon.

where It was already explained billions of versions of the same exist in which every possible event and choice has already happened.

("With every decision, we create two worlds. One where we made a choice, and another..where we Didn't.")

even the Archie Comics themselves gave readers different variations of "the future"
even literally showing the world of MXXYL going through different alterations itself.

This is why I can be a SonicxAmy fan, yet have no problem with SonicxSally in the comics.
because It is all technically an Alternate Universe that exists in It's own continuity.

Canon and Fanon is relative. If I worked for Archie, all the stories that I have written would be Canon.
but, as I don't work for them, all my stuff is considered Fanon because the "powers-that-be" hasn't approved of It.

when technically everything everything written already exists in some form or another.

If people would pay more attention to the "Parallel Earth" rules, than we'd live in a better world with no arguements.

funny thing is i'm doing the same type of thing with sonic multiverse, the fan fiction series i'm working on. and you got a point, flynn said that the future from 30 years later wasn't set in stone, so there could be a universe where tails is married to fiona or Nicole.

funny thing is i'm doing the same type of thing with sonic multiverse, the fan fiction series i'm working on. and you got a point, flynn said that the future from 30 years later wasn't set in stone, so there could be a universe where tails is married to fiona or Nicole.

Or. Cosmo XD

Yes, one must remember that Sonic X, Sonic Boom and even Sonic Underground
have been introduced into the Archie version of the Sonicverse as "Alternate Realities".

Or. Cosmo XD

Yes, one must remember that Sonic X, Sonic Boom and even Sonic Underground
have been introduced into the Archie version of the Sonicverse as "Alternate Realities".

yeah, and i like the alternative universe thing cause there's more opportunities for things to happen and go down.