Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SoniX

Dreamcast quality games

3 posts in this topic

I just for curiosity sake checked out Sonic Adventure 1. And there is something about it that feels genuine, like if the quality somehow fitted better than the remastered version. Although Sonic Adventure 2:Battle looks better i think.

I guess its due to the console hardware and physics that makes it somewhat enjoyable. Its almost like an updated PS1, i mean i think PS1 games are a tad better even if the graphics are good on Dreamcast. Just to take an example. Here with Knuckles.

24:27 - 29:20

Edited by SoniX

The PS1 and Dreamcast were example of how gaming should of being done if Sega was still in the console race their console would of being stronger then the PS4.

After playing Sonic Adventure on Dreamcast I just can't go back to SADX on GCN or PC, because the original is superior in many ways, despite the "improvements" in DX. The original's models fit in better with the sloppy animation and low-poly environments. They're also better textured, characters in SADX look too shiny and weird. Speaking of textures, I really prefer the more colorful textures of the Dreamcast version to the darker SADX ones. Sure, the map, better Chao Garden and Game Gear games collection in DX are fun, but I'd still play my PAL Dreamcast copy over the PC release. 

The international release on Dreamcast is also less buggy than the DX version, which is based on the 1998 Japanese version for some weird reason. And you would think that they fixed all the issues with the games five years later. Oh well...