goldtaills

Does anyone remember Zodick?

8 posts in this topic

There was a game released on the Sega Dreamcast called Illbleed which was a horror game (or tried to be as I didn't find it very scary at all). On that game there was a demonic version of Sonic the hedgehog called 'ZoDuck the Hellhog' which would later be revealed to just be an animatronic. Does anyone remember this and that Sega published it? I haven't seen any creepypastas about it and only a bit of fan art.

post-264-0-49392300-1420255692_thumb.jpg

oh, they censored his name a bit, well it does make sense...

I've never even heard about it but it looks cool o_o

Yeah, I just find it funny with how much everyone knows Sonic.EXE that nobody looked around for other creepy things Sega had aside from Tails Doll.

I wanna play this now cuz it looks very interesting

same here Lino.. o_o same here...

I remember stumbling upon images of ZoDuck a long time ago and being scared of him.  It's actually a pretty hilarious farce parody in its proper context.  I don't think there's really much to inspire creepypasta or fan fiction about him, though.  He's just a joke character, and one that's intended to be disturbing at that.  Characters like Tails Doll make their rise to fame because of their unintentional creepy factor, not to mention their flexibility in terms of characterization considering how there's next to no narrative construction for him.  ZoDuck was created with actual narrative purpose for a separate game, so there's really not much need to make up stories to scare people when the source material was kind of made to sort of do just that.

For those interested in seeing the full cutscene and boss fight, see the videos below. (Warning: might be NSFW so you might not want to watch in front of your parents or whatever)

SEXAY DAWL!!!!1 ;_;

EDIT - So apparently people named Richard aren't welcome here.  Glad someone finally had the fortitude to make a place where we can be safe from all the Richards of the world.

Edited by Tara

Well I know the game was intended to be with all the content including ZoDuck in it, but it just didn't seem scary. On top of that people have built off of intentionally creepy things before...like FNAF creepypastas and such. As for the fact that he has a narrative purpose, I don't find it limiting. Many game creepypasta's have worked around that before and it'd be no surprise that they could pull that off again and possibly make the character much more scary then how it was originally.