Shadow

General Mega Man thread

9 posts in this topic

MegamanWallpaper800.jpg

Mega Man! Hell yeah, I have only gotten into this franchise since a few years ago and it already became one of my favorites. As you might have noticed, this is the general thread to discuss anything related to our super fighting robot!

Another series that I love (if you couldn't tell) and have beat lots of games in the series... but there are still more! There are SOOOO many Mega Man games xD

I've beat all the games from the classic series except the Gameboy ones, so like I said in another thread, I just finished the first one. As far as the X series, I'm currently on X6 and kind of taking a break from that. Though I am thinking of finally jumping in and playing through Mega Man Legends which everyone seems to love. I think I rented it years ago but obviously didn't get very far...

I didn't play "Megaman" much. The only game I played was It's powered up on PSP.

As for X I played and finished Megaman X 1,5,6 and 8. It's X6 was my favorite. That Boss Music.....That Blazing Eagle (Forgot his name), And the best fight was the one with Nightmare Zero.

As for Zero's games I played em all on DS. It's collection game. Who doesn't like playing as zero slicing mavericks in two? Nothings better than slicing a boss in two. All four of the were awesome but it's Third was better.

As for ZX games I played the first ZX but didn't finish it. Instead I really liked and 100% Finished ZX Advent on DS. It was just like playing as NMS.

As for Legend games I played and finished both of them...They were fine. You just couldn't do something if you had forgotten to do it. After every mission the people and things they say and other things change so you have to go check every place. I don't have a favorite between these two.

As for Battle Network games I played 6,5,4 and it's third game. Still on it's third game though. You can say this is a prototype of Megaman Star Force. It's 6th game was the best.

As for Star Force games I played and finished all of them more than twice. Black Ace was the best game between those others. GALAXY END!

Did you guys see the Mega Man Legacy Collection they announced? I dunno if we really needed ANOTHER collection... but at least this one has a bunch of extra stuff that makes it worth it. Looks like it will be pretty cheap also.

Can we get a new Mega Man game please? D;

I'll get it anyways since I adore the classic Mega Man games, but it is a very lazy knockoff. I mean, I really wanted Mega Man to come to Steam for a long time so I don't even have a right to complain. Challenge mode really interests me.

But yeah, I could do with a new Mega Man game.

From what I;ve heard it actually contains less that the previous Mega Man collection.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/141069-Mega-Man-Legacy-Collection-Announcement

It's mentioned a few times in the comments section.

It does. The anniversary collection contains Mega Man 1 to 8, while this one only includes 1 to 6. The only advantage this collection has is a certain 'HD Flare' (but it's an 8-bit game so.. eh.), a museum where you can view artwork (which you can also find on the internet), leaderboards (which are... cool) and finally challenge mode (which sounds cool). But that's about it.

I also think HD graphics for a 8bit game is a bit silly.  

"Look how clear those pixels are!"

With all that said, I'll get it too lol

The new Kunio-kun Downtown Nekketsu games on PS3 and 3DS could do 8-bit spritejob with HD backdrops without a problem. Not to mention other classic 2D games like Metal Slug, where 3D and non-recycling sprites are bombs.

I don't see what's wrong with adapting Megaman into HD, even if it'll be half a quality of 'Megaman Powered-Up'. Not doing so can even count as being lazy, since even the less well-known company like Technos know what the fans want and what makes their works so classic and survivable for over 30 years..

Edited by arekpowalan