sweet_lil_Eliza

Top 3 best Sonic games by your opinion.

57 posts in this topic

1. Sonic Adventure DX
  2. Sonic Heroes
  3. Sonic R (I can play it for hours, dunno why)
Edited by Sticksy

Sonic R is actually pretty good game. I mean sure the graphics are.... random? o_o but still I rather enjoyed the game. and well I've heard people complaining about the music in it but I actually kind of liked it. sure it isn't the same kind of music as in other Sonic games but it still fits in it pretty well. and well I can also play it for hours and I don't know why xD (also trying to see The Curse Of The Tails Doll and nothing yeeeeeet~ ) but yeah it's really fun game but haters gonna hate I guess :/

I would have to say:

-1.) Sonic Adventure 2

-2.) Sonic Adventure

I personally love the adventure series. Some people may not like the stories, but i like how they feel kind of dark and serious. I also enjoy the different types of gameplay that comes with the various characters(big is the only one i have a problem with).

-3.) Sonic 3 and knuckles

Such a good game. I think it would be cool if Sega brought back hyper sonic

1 person likes this

Sonic Rush Adventure - It's wrought with so-called "hold right to win" but it offers enough feedback that it's fun.  The story's also pretty nice and very serviceable to its predecessor.  The music is really fun and dance-able, the graphics are nice and colorful.  Not to mention, the vehicles are fun to use.  The thing that really holds this game back, however, is the necessity to collect Material to upgrade the vehicles.  This often has you repeating the same stages over and over with absolutely no variation.  As such, it's probably the easiest game to get really sick of.  But when playing on your own accord, it's still quite fun!

Sonic 3 & Knuckles - I feel this game is the successful middle ground between Sonic and Sonic 2.  Sonic 1 had great level design, in my opinion, but being the first in the series it naturally suffered from slower movement.  That's not to criticize Sonic 1.  It was perfectly acceptable for its time, and I'd say from a general standpoint, it would still be a great game if it were designed today.  However, as a Sonic game, we've come to expect a certain level of speed that Sonic 1 doesn't exactly offer.  Sonic 2, on the other hand, is almost fast to a detriment, but I feel its level design (while fine) falls short.  Sonic 3 & Knuckles, on the other hand, nails it in both regards.  A great sense of speed, but with great level design that emphasizes speed as well as careful platforming.  Plus, the music is downright amazing!

Sonic Lost World - Okay, I know this game is derisive and I do recognize its flaws, but I'm sorry.  This game is wonderful.  I never felt like the controls were betraying me, and the story is simplistically passable. (I don't really feel any Sonic game has ever had a truly spectacular plot, so I really don't have super high expectations)  The music has some low points, but I feel it was overall super well composed.  The art style is gorgeous and cute, and aside from being forced to collect animals, it was pretty fun all the way around.  Great game.  I'm kind of sad to see that the overall reception of the title means we might not get a sequel which expands upon and properly improves upon it.

Edited by Tara

For the record, I only got into Sonic in 2016, so I don't really have a nostalgic bias. I'm going top 5, because I want to explain fifth.

1. Sonic Adventure 2- I love everything about this game. The story, the stages, the music- even the gem levels. I think 3D was handled the best in this game, and the learning curve was perfect.

2. Sonic 3 & Knuckles- This is my favorite Genesis game. It just nailed the classic formula. If ranked separately, they would be lower, Sonic 3 because it's so short, Sonic & Knuckles because it isn't as fun on it's own.

3. Sonic and the Black Knight- I don't get why everyone hates this game. It fixed the massively broken control system of the first storybook games (mainly, letting you control acceleration), has a great story, great music, the best voice cast of any Sonic game( Melissa Hutchinson??), playable characters besides Sonic post 2006.

4. Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity- My first sonic game, and I love it. The feeling of speed you get in the Riders games makes me love it so much, and the amazing music and the playable character selections bump it up. Also has great voice acting, and is one of the last Sonic games to acknowledge that Knuckles isn't an idiot, and does have skills.

5. Sonic Adventure- This would be my second favorite. Sonic's stages are great, the level design is well varied and fun, I love Knuckles and Amy's stages... but Big. Big's stages. I'm somewhat impatient and really hate slow games- this is why I prefer Sonic to Mario. Slow platformers just aren't fun for me. But Big's stages are SO SLOW PACED. I cannot play them. 

Sonic Heroes, Sonic Riders, Sonic 2, and Shadow the Hedgehog are up there as well. Unleashed and CD have a shot- I'll let you know when I get them.

(I find Sonic 1 overrated, Sonic Colors has the worst plot ever, and Sonic and the Secret Rings is nearly unplayable- Party Mode is fun, though)

And because I just remembered I have a separate list for Game Gear/GBA/DS/PSP games, because I don't feel comparing them to a GameCube or PS3 game is fair- these top five are nearly tied for me:

1. Sonic Advance 2- The most successful (barring possibly Mania, which isn't out yet) recreation of the Genesis games, and gives a lot of gameplay time. Also, Cream makes her first appearance, and is hilariously OP.

2. Sonic Rush Adventure- It's close to one, but it's a bit shorter. I love Blaze and Marine, though.

3. Sonic Rivals 2- This game is so underrated. It's easily the prettiest Sonic mobile game (Great 3D graphics? FULL VOICE ACTING?), and is the most improved sequel in the franchise. They fixed almost everything people didn't like (specials being moved from power-ups to a gauge; fewer stupid "gotcha!" drops; Free Play mode). Also, several characters who don't get to be playable much (Silver, Metal Sonic, Espio) get a bit of a spotlight moment. I bought a PSP for this game, since Silver was in it (and VC2), and do not regret it.

4. Sonic Advance 3- the team up mechanic is fun, it just doesn't quite top these other three.

5. Sonic Battle- Easily the best story (barring Chronicles, which I don't own- yet), a unique and appealing art style,  and while the gameplay is a bit repetitive, it's still fun. Cream is almost as OP as Shadow in this game (any game with a heal gauge makes Cream like this).

Sonic Rush is widely praised, but it winds up missing out on my top five because:

A. it's really short, and

B. the Sonic vs Blaze boss fight. PLEASE Dimps, don't make me button mash for a full minute!

I've played every GBA/PSP/DS game except Chronicles.

Thanks for reading all of this!

Edited by SilverShard42
Readability